November 7, 2011

Writing Prompt: What’s in the Box Under Your Bed?

Posted by at 1:13 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Shoebox_130This week's Write On! Writing Prompt is a good one. It comes to us from GymnasticsPenguin1 who wrote:

You're cleaning your room when you notice something under your bed. It's a box that you've never seen before. What does it look like? What's in it? What kind of adventure does it take you on?

Totally creative! I love it. My box would take me on a roller coaster/spa day adventure. First I would jump into the box, and it would transport me to the most amazing amusement park (with no lines!) and I would ride thrilling, creative, 3-D roller coasters. Then I would be transported to a spa where I would get a fabulous aromatherapy massage and facial.

What about your box? Inquiring minds, like GymnasticsPenguin1 want to know! Drop a line in the Comments below.

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. werewolfcat5

The box will be made of wood and it’s a cube.When you open it,it sucks you in it and then it takes you to a quiet place where you can relax.Time will freeze in Earth so nobody will be looking for you.When you feel like you had enough time,you open the box again you’ll be sucked up again and go back to Earth.

2. jayjay thirller monsters5

WHEN I LOOKED UNDER MY BED I SAW A DUMMY NAMED SLAPPY. HE STARED AT ME I SCREAMED. TO MY MOM THEN HE WAS FRIENDLY. SO I KEEPED HIM AND THROW AWAY THE BOX

3. lele

mind would have have all this sercets in there tht no one would no about but me and when i jump in side it will take me to the place it happen to and who said it and why…..

4. Kylie

my box would be large and have pink and white polka dots i would pull it out open it and inside would be a egg …. the egg begins to shake and cracks out comes a baby monster a blue and green striped monster thing it grabs me and pulls me in inside is a wonderful world of candy!

5. Shadow Princess

Well, my box under my bed would be made out of wood so dark, it’s black and then it would be dusty (because of how long it’s been under there) it would have strange engraving on it like a majestic castle and a mysterious paw print. When I open it inside would be a letter to me, “Dear Shadow Princess, Welcome to the land of Lunaria, your kingdom. This is your father, King Lune (yes, this means your the princess), i send you this letter to tell you if your kingdom and hope one day you will return to me and your kingdom, your sister, Frozellia and I miss you most unbearably. Lunaria is a planet in the universe of Magix, which is a world of fey. I am the Moon fairy and your sister has the gift of Ice. You, my dear, have the power of Darkness, and when these powers unleash you shall find this box. I know you must be thinking that you already have parents but really they are your guardians who brought you to earth for your own safety. Inside this box you shall find a ring for you that your mother and I had hoped you would one day proudly wear. This is the beginning of your real life, Princess.” And then I tell my parents and they explain everything to me and then I look in the box and put on the ring and all of a sudden I’m am whisked to Lunaria!

6. Ley56

It would be the blue box from animorphs! (gasps from everyone)I would get the power and turn into random animals! And fight those yeerks and save Elfangor from being eaten! Yay happy dance (discos)

7. Francesca

My box would be a big wooden trunk with a golden clasp. It would creak open and all the ideas in the world would flow into my brain. Then there would be an endless notebook that I could write everything down in. After that,there would be a locket. Then,my old cats we thought had gotten eaten, Buster and Fergus, would step out. After the cats, there would be something saying that I had gotten the role of Marian in The Music Man. Lastly, there would be two letters. One would be a letter from Hogwarts saying I’m a witch and admitting me. The other would be a letter from my best friend living across the country saying that she was moving to my town and bringing all the people and places from her town with her.

8. lightsong1

The box would be red with a gold lid and inside would be a letter that says that Hagrid is coming to take me to Hogwarts next thursday :D

9. magicalrainbow10

My box would be purple with lots of blue flowers on it.When I opened it,there was a purple portal in it so I jumped in.It took me to a weird place that had jewels everywhere.The clouds were made of cotton candy and the snow was made of sugar.I got out of the box and called all of my friends and told them but they didn’t believe me.I told them to come over and I showed them the box.I opened the box and showed them the portal.I told them to jump in but they were too scared. “Fine. Then I’ll enjoy the snow by myself.” I said to them. Then my friends gave in.One by one,they jumped into the portal and they landed in a big pile of snow.”This is made of sugar!”,one of my friends said. “I know.”I said.Then it got too cold and we knocked on the door of the nearest house we could find. Somebody opened the door and let us in.We sat near the fireplace to get warm.We found out that the person who lived in the house was the richest person in the weird land in the box.He promised to get us anything we ever wanted if we could get him out because he had been trapped in that land for years.We showed him the exit and my friend asked for a private jet.We got it but we could only use it in the box.Everyday we kept going in the box to use it and it became one of our favorite places in the world.

10. bigbull14

I loved your story, Eric.
    I wanted to go to play, but my mother told me to clean up my room. So I went to my room.
    As I was looking under the bed, I saw a box. It was pink in color and had blue borders. It also had a blue clasp. I opened it. A puppy was sitting inside. It jumped out and started walking. It looked behind as if it wanted me to follow it. I ran to my mother and said I was going out. Then the puppy and I went out together from the back door.
    The puppy led me to a deserted compound. Over there, several puppies ran about. From then onwards, I kept on visiting them after school. But one by one, they were all sold off. Finally, only my favorite one was left. Who I had found in the box. At last, someone came and bought him. With a last kiss on his nose, I handed him over.
    I ran home. I took out the box. In that, I used to keep dog-food. But I threw it away. I didn’t need it anymore.
    Any comments?

11. dramapony12

sweet,check it out my box would be light purple,with betty boop,and photo’s of me on it.i will reach to see what was in it because it was the size of a box from the mall.all of a sudden my arm went way down as if my arm was going through the ground,and i got scared for a minute till i thought it’s just a box but at the same time i thought maybe it would led me to my dream because this is how it started.so i placed my body in the box slowly then i fell and it was like a fantasy dream come true it led me to what was going on in the past present and future with my family and a magazine with my picture and microphone singing just i’ll always wanna do in the future then i reported safe at home next thing you know, people i know and heard about said they loved my voice and now i love my school and singing.[god bless this box]
    p.s.if this were true i’d love my family,friends,and life more than i always will
    -dramapony12

12. percyj99

My box would be a mini, non-crumbled Parthenon. Inside, it would have a letter addressed to me, and would be written in fancy penmanship with the Hogwarts seal on the back of the envelope. Next to it would be a business card that said,” Grover Underwood, Keeper, Half-Blood Hill, Long Island, NY” in (again) fancy penmanship. If I picked up the Hogwarts letter it would transport me and one friend to Hogwarts. If I picked up the business card it would transport me and a friend to Camp Half Blood. (Real time would stop, of course, so no one would miss us.)After a year at Hogwarts, or a summer at Camp Half Blood we would be transported back to my room.
    -percyj99
    P.S. If that were to actually happen, I would so pick Camp Half Blood first, as it is the coolest summer camp EVER!

13. greenbee90

it would be a big wooden box.i would go inside and it would take me to a carnival and me, my friends and, my family are there.there are big roller coasters and awesome water parks.there will also be fancy eating places and kiddie parks there too.after we are done we go to a mansion and go to sleep.when i wake up I’m back in my house.

14. Emmy

My box would be about the size of a shoe box. The pattern on it would be blue with gray strips. I would reach in, wondering what would be in it. My arm would go down deeper, deeper, and deeper. I take my arm out and think for a minute. untile I come to this thought, It is just a box and it could lead to some where amazing… Or I could fall to my death… “I’m going in!” I would say aloud then I put both feet in and fall. Down Down Down a breath takeing fall not able to see what was below me or the rim of the box above me. I was falling to my death untill… Splash! I was in a sea of watter. I swam and swam untill I thought I was unable to swim any longer. Then I saw it a land that looked like the top of a tree, no it was the top of a tree! Some way a ocean lead to the top of a tree! I lifted my self out of the water steeping carfuly then noticeing it was as strong as a concret floor! Then I meet them the owls! They took me up in there clawed feet and flew with me for hours untill I was at a casle. Hogwarts casle. Seeing this I exclamed What a hogwarts letter! And that is what happened when I got my hogwarts letter!

15. divingadventure7

Sweet,my box will transport me to any realm,world,or kingdom.Places like narnia,and prince of persia,or even harry potter places combined!Underwater realms to uncharted worlds,you name it.My imagination is the only limit.Ah what a perfect place to be<3<3<3

16. Nivedha

Whoa, mine would have a bunch of Matchbox cars or miniature Honda models. I jump into the box and, though I’m not sixteen yet, test drive all the models :)
    I’m in love with cars ♥

17. kate

my box would be grey with gadjet-like designs. inside? all the electronics i’ll ever need! a phone, an ipod touch, a personal computer, and a robotic cat to play with my real one.

18. purpleartemis25

I pick up my box and open it.It’s purple with teal and lavender glitter with a sticker that says ” I LOVE CAMP HALF-BLOOD” and another that says “I’M A DEMIGOD”. I open the box and I am transported to a book signing with Rick Riordan where we chatter excitedly about his next book.After that I’m transported backstage with Selena Gomez and she asks me sing onstage with her!But I refuse to unless my BFFs are there so she sent a limo for them. After the concert me and my BFFs are transported to Portugal. After THAT, we all go home and have a huge party ( for no reason at all!) The(Finally) End.

19. pinky

my box would be black and white zebra stipes , and inside it would be giant when you hop inside it you’d better get a swimsuit because it would take you to a theme park/water park then after you’ve had enough fun there it would take you to a pet store with free pets! where you get a rabbit, a dog, a turtle, and lots of other things then once you’ve got your new best friend you would go to a toy/candy/electronics store where again, everything is FREE!!!! and once you’ve finished it would telaport you to your cozy bed but dont worry you would still have all the free things you got and you would still remember all the FUN times you had!!

20. harrypotterfan

My box would be filled with pictures of my favorite celebrities. My box would take me to visit each of the celebrities.

21. redwolf31

My box would be wooden with carved, intricate designs and different poses of wolves. The bottom inside and outside of the box will be covered with red silk. The silk and box can never get dirty, collect dust, or have any stains on it. Money and treasures from all over the world will be in it along with a diary, written long ago,about someone’s adventure to visit every place on earth.

22. Sarah

I would find a box that would take me to Disney World. Then, it would take me to the Bahamas so I could swim with the dolphins.

23. harrypercy1

My box would have a letter in it.It would look like this:
    Harrypercy1,
    You are a Cahill,just like the 39 clues,a Janus,a Demigod,Zeus, and a wizard,Ravenclaw.
    Great grandmother
    ANd I would become the greatest hero in the world.

24. SilverFairy1

My box is full of pictures of people i’ve never seen before.
    I get sucked in to the picture and now the only way to get back to my world is to find the door. The door can be anywhere one the planet. which is bigger than earth. The only reason i want to leave this beautiful place is because there’s something not right about it.

25. artgoblin5

As I was cleaning, I stumbled across a plain old cardboard box that has, “Box-O-Fun” written on it. I opened it and there were marbles, jacks, and dice. I took everything out and see a hole in the box. I pick the box up and look through the hole. The world looks so different through that hole. So I stick my hand through the hole and, “ZOOM”, I’m sucked into this beautiful world that looks as if it is the most fun place on earth, in fact, that is what the sign said. I walked through and saw rollercoasters, clouds of cotton candy, and many other children having the time of their lives. After I stand in amazement at the world I wake up. It was all just a dream. If only it existed then I looked under my bed, there was the box………… to be continued.

26. wintermonkey1

ok,my box would be all colors with dolphins and monkeys on it.then it will take me to the mall then a 3-Droller coaster and 3-D movie

27. Eric

A box under my bed would of course be dusty. I haven’t cleaned my bedroom for days and if I had to be told to clean it would be when I wanted to go to that concert tonight.
    I’d pick up and dust off the box then with one big breath blow whatever dust remains. I notice it’s an ordinary wooden box, a note taped to the bottom reads ” What’s inside this box will rock your world.” I’m curious, but before I open it the box shakes in my hands. I’m starled and laugh.
    I touch the latch of the box to open it and the box shakes again but this time much more. A little frightened now, I drop the box on the floor. It opens. I lean forward and hear what sounds like a car engine. I get closer. A loud whooshing and swirling wind comes out from the box. I fall back onto the bedroom floor. Covering my eyes and my head as things fly all around and above me. It stops. I open my eyes. Instantly my bedroom is clean. The box closes itself. I’m in awe.
    My mom comes to the bedroom door and tells me my friends are waiting outside in a stretch hummer for me to go with them to the concert. I’m thinking, A stretch hummer? She says, oh and great job cleaning your room.

28. jofullightning3

My box would be polka-dots with my name on it and be all decorative and something different and rare/odd that NO one has EVERY SEEN BEFORE!!!!…….It would have a bunch of richables that I would be able to keep and also my box would take me to a dream place that I can just go to and relax also a day of shopping…..it would be sooo RARE!!!!

29. sonicfan123

My box would have all of my favorite movies in the world. It would also have a money machine that no one can steal it! I’d have like 500 iPads and iPhones! That would be cool!!!!!

30. angelmagenta3

OK, my box would be turqoise with dolphins on it. It would take to the ocean for a day at the beach, then take me to the mall to get ready for a movie premiere with my favourite celebs!
    Finally it would take me to a really cool bedroom with a waterbed!
    - angelmagenta3 -