October 17, 2011

What Book Character Would You Be?

Posted by at 4:09 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_bookGreat minds think alike, and you guys in the Splotter Universe are no exception. When picking this week's Write On! Writing Prompt, we realized 4 of you asked the same kind of question but all with a different creative spin.

Can you guess the MOST popular question posted? Drumroll please. . .

If you had the ability to go into any book, and be any character in that story, who would you be, and what would you do?

This question was submitted by 4 Splotters, who all had different twists on it.

• Legit/awesome/cool urged us: You could mix up the stories, like Harry Potter uses the wrong spell and goes into the Maximum Ride series. BE CREATIVE!!!
  • Raiderthief5 upped the ante with a movie: If it was a book or a movie, what would it be?
  • Amabel said to choose: “preferably a How I Survived Middle School book!”
  • Redhorse20 asked: Will you fly with the Flock in Maximum Ride by James Patterson? Will you become a spy in the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz? It's all up to you!

So what book character would you be? What would YOU do in the story? Let us know in the Comments below! And while you're thinking about it, why not dress up like that character for Halloween? Here are some ideas for book character Halloween costumes!

— Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Shadow Princess

Well, i would want to be in a lot of books like….
    1. Hogwarts, i would be the 1st girl on the Ravenclaw quidditch team in Harry Potter.
    2. I would be the 1st girl Ranger in The Ranger’s Apprentice (Apprenticed to Halt).
    3. In the Percy Jackson series I would be the mysterious daughter of Artemis.
    4. In the Twilight saga i would be with Jacob!
    5. In the Canterwood Drest series i would be the new girl who Fences!
    6. In the Hunger Games, i would be a winner of one of the games!
    yes, i’ve read a LOT of books!

2. Ley56

Well that’s a toughie. Hmmm I have to say Loren because hello she married Elfangor! I mean how could you not love that andalite? Sure Tobias is lovable. Ax is funny but Elfangor is the awesomest not Marco I dispise Marco.

3. Hawktechnology3

I would be in the Animorphs series because becoming animals sounds fun.
    I would be Tobias because I always wanted to fly like an eagle or hawk.

4. Ley56

I would be Rachel. I would not have her die. We would live with Tobias with a happy ever after. And we will go on the quest to free Ax. I would say “let’s do it!” When Jake says “ram the blade ship!” Then we would live and everone will be a happy person! Yay I love happy ever afters. :{D

5. lightsong1

I would be Ginny Weasley from Hogwarts and use Harry’s Invisibility Cloak! Also I would want something DRAMATIC to happen, like mabye one of the characters gets a broken leg? :) But i would of course mean no harm because they’re only book characters…

6. partygreen1

I would be bella in new moon because she gets kissed by taylor lautnor lol:) ………..i mean who can resist taylor lautnor

7. Rachel

I would love to be Rachel Berenson from the Animorphs series. She’s really brave and beautiful! Diana from the Gone series, Johanna from The Hunger Games, Thalia from PJO, and Reyna from HOO are also awesome.

8. aquaocean25

I would love to be Bella. She’s from Twilight. I love how’s she’s so brave. If I were her I don’t think I could go through that. I would not do as much as she does in the story or series.

9. astronomyable3

i would be harry or hermione so i could just go to hogwarts or
    a worker at the department of mysteries so i could see cool stuff or
    be in the beacon street girls books and be charlotte so i could travel and be friends with the bsg and own a tower and a computer and lots of books…..
    or i would be Annabeth from Percy Jackson cuz shez soo cool
    or i would be someone form goosebumps so i could live a whole nightmare

10. trixie m

i’d be hermione from HP and destroy voldemort myself!who cares about harry,people only care about killing voldemort!and be a legend!haha!but i’ll make sure i dont have frizzy,fuzzy hair like hermione!

11. Nikki

Hm………… maybe Jenny from How I survived Middle School cuz im going through the EXACT same thing right now…..