October 17, 2011

What Book Character Would You Be?

Posted by at 4:09 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_bookGreat minds think alike, and you guys in the Splotter Universe are no exception. When picking this week's Write On! Writing Prompt, we realized 4 of you asked the same kind of question but all with a different creative spin.

Can you guess the MOST popular question posted? Drumroll please. . .

If you had the ability to go into any book, and be any character in that story, who would you be, and what would you do?

This question was submitted by 4 Splotters, who all had different twists on it.

• Legit/awesome/cool urged us: You could mix up the stories, like Harry Potter uses the wrong spell and goes into the Maximum Ride series. BE CREATIVE!!!
  • Raiderthief5 upped the ante with a movie: If it was a book or a movie, what would it be?
  • Amabel said to choose: “preferably a How I Survived Middle School book!”
  • Redhorse20 asked: Will you fly with the Flock in Maximum Ride by James Patterson? Will you become a spy in the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz? It's all up to you!

So what book character would you be? What would YOU do in the story? Let us know in the Comments below! And while you're thinking about it, why not dress up like that character for Halloween? Here are some ideas for book character Halloween costumes!

— Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. chattylavender13

allie finkle books!! i want to see how her mom made the new stinky, old house look pretty and new again!

2. blueisland29

definitely ALLY FINKLE FROM YOU KNOW……..ALLIE FINKLE’S RULES FOR GIRLS BECAUSE SHE HAS GOOD AND BAD THINGS IN HER LIFE SO DO I AND I DONT WANT TO CHANGE MY LIFESTYLE SO THIS WOULD BE PERFECT

3. aquacheese17

I LOVE the Percy Jackson series! So I would choose from that series. For a half-blood I would do Thalia and for a godess I would do Athena.

4. Madison

I would be Hermione from Harry Potter. I would have her play Quidditch instead of sitting on the sidelines. I would have Hermione get into more dumb situations, not just let Harry and Ron be the ones getting laughed at. I might even make Hermione the chosen one. If I was in Hermione’s place when Draco Malfoy was picking on her, I would not have stopped at just a sock in the nose.

5. Nat

lets see….if i wor frome a book i think i wood be Casey Slater frome the dead end. or Ivy Vega frome my sister the vampire.

6. redwolf31

I would be Annabeth from the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series so that I can hang around with Percy and Grover, be the daughter of Athena, and just be an awesome demigod!

7. pearpearthe14th

Wow, great question! There’s so many awesome books… And characters… How to choose?
    Okay, I would totally love to be Bluestar from Warriors volume one. The warriors get to live in this great forest and I think it would just be so great to be them. And here’s what I would do differently if I were Bluestar: instead of giving up my kits and mate to become leader, I would convince Oakheart to join Thunderclan and I could live happily ever after!
    -pearpearthe14th

8. pegasusathena1

I would be a H.I.V.E student that is friends with Otto Wing Laura and Shelby so I could go on the cool adventures instead of boring everyday life.Or maybe I would be a spy in the Alex Rider books to help take down the evil. Or maybe I would join up with Harry Potter to help defeat Voldemort.

9. Alexis

Oooh, this is hard because I love ALL books! But, if I had to choose, I would be Mackenzie Blue from the book “Mackenzie Blue” because I’m just like her. I like to read, write, and sing.

10. ninjadragon99

Oooh….let’s see here….
    I think that I would become Alyss from the Ranger’s Apprentice series and go on an adventure with Will and Halt! :D
    Either that, or I’d be Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter and just go to Hogwarts for the day!
    AWESOME QUESTIONS!
    ~ninjadragon

11. greensports10

Harry Potter goes into the wrong train- platform 5!!!
    And he thinks he is on the Hogwarts Express. But he is on the Polar Express!