October 12, 2011

Hall of Horrors: Why I Quit Zombie School

Posted by at 10:31 am in Goosebumps, Reads, Sneak Peek | Permalink

Zombie Great news for fans of R.L. Stine! Book #4 of his new series, Hall of Horrors, is out.

Why I Quit Zombie School
Matt was never a superstar in school, but he’s definitely the most energetic and quick-witted student here. But what’s up with the others? His suspicions are finally confirmed when Franny, his new friend, asks, “How long have you been dead?” To his horror, Matt realizes his parents have unknowingly enrolled him in a zombie school. When Matt overhears the zombie plans to march and claim the whole city for the undead, he has to make a frightening choice: protect himself and continue his charade, or reveal his aliveness and try to save the unsuspecting alive people in the town.

Here are the other books in the new series so far:
Book 1: Claws
Mickey and Amanda are put in charge of their vacationing neighbors’ cat, Bella. But Bella escapes from the house and disappears. Amanda has an idea to replace the cat with a look-alike from the local pet store, Cat Heaven. They find a cat that looks exactly like Bella, but the clerk won’t sell it to them, so they decide to steal it. Big mistake! These cats are more than they seem to be.

Book 2: Night of the Giant Everything
When 11-year-old Steven Sweeney is tricked into drinking a strange mixture of chemicals by his classmates, things begin to get strange. Either his toothbrush is growing, or he is shrinking! Will he be able to make it through the day and return to his original size?

Book 3: The Five Masks of Dr. Screem
It’s Halloween and Monica Anderson is out Trick-or-Treating with her younger brother. They knock on the door of an old, creepy house and are met by a strange woman who pleads for their help. Every year she must battle for the control of five sacred masks with the evil Dr. Screem. These artifacts have the power to manipulate the world around them. Monica doesn’t want to help at first but then Screem bursts in and steals the masks. This sets her and her brother off on a Halloween mission that will change their lives forever!

What do you think of R.L. Stine’s new Hall of Horrors series? Let us know in the Comments!

1. YouBugMe

People who don’t like the books don’t have to read them. Inspiration comes from anything and everything and you can’t stop it.

2. redbanana28

i goosebumps are too icky and freaky. my parents wont let me read them anyway. im more into historical fiction like the green glass sea. now that a really good book you should really try reading it.

3. Neetha

This comment is a response to Caitlin as well as my impression about Goosebumps.
    Dear Caitlin,
    If you get nightmares by reading these books, you might want to stop reading it.
    Now, my impression about Goosebumps:
    It is really a good book. I do read them at night but I don’t get nightmares. Still, I can’t sleep sometimes thinking Slappy (in “The Night of the Living Dummy”) will come to my room and make me a slave or the Monster Blood cursed by Sarabeth (in “Monster Blood I”) will gobble me up. But still, Goosebumps have helped me improve my writing style (I do write some stories and poems)and I thank R.L Stine for that. Wish you good luck, R.L Stine!
    Sincerely,
    Neetha

4. James

I thin this book was the bomb. it is worth every second of reading now read read read.My faverouite goosebumps book is the kid that learned how to fly it is a great book with lots of funnines and scarienessin it.

5. M Rose

Hi guys, I love to read goosebumps because it inspires me to write more and more scary and creepy stories!!
    I love Goosebumps because my imagination ability grows stronger and better each time I read Goosebumps…I just cant resist buying it when I enter a book shop…
    Keep writing more stories and make it creepier!!

6. joe513

well,r.l stine is a wonderful authur But I would love to read this book cause his goosebump series was great but goosebumps hall of horror sounds awsome!

7. hipolito

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. HPFRK4LF!

How many Goosebumps books r there exactly? Anyway i <3 creepy books! Especially with vampirs. Can u, Rl Stine, rite some more Goosebumps books w/ Vampires in them? Thx
    -HPFRK4LF!
    PS Pleez do not make dem 2 scary!!!!!!

9. Yuki

No offense… but if you don’t like the book, you don’t have to read it. Other might like the books and stop writing them might make others upset.

10. luke

r.l you are why i write scarey books i read the first chapter i can totaly relate to the boy im new at a school .love it. READ ON!!!!!WRITE ON!!!!!luke

11. morganloves2read

i love your books they are amazing i think when i grow up and i be a illistor or auther i will be inspierd by you and your books they are amazing and so are you i will look up to you one day R.L Stine

12. Meredith

If it gives some people nightmares they shouldn’t read it!!
    I love R.L. Stine!!!
    I don’t think people should ask him to stop just because THEY don`t like the books!

13. Valeska

I love your book but when scholastic comes out i want alot of the books and goosbumps to but its already to much money so i cant buy it so can you please lower down the price? Thank you and have a great Halloween!!!HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!

14. Seam

I really love the goosebumps series and I can’t Wait to get this book and r.l stine i love you and where did you get the idea for slappy the dummy from?

15. trent

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Nikki

Ok……… so some people like this and some don’t….. i seriously DONT care about goosebumps but ive still read a few good ones.

17. pinkdolphin373

I’ve seen the cuckoo clock of doom and night of the living dummy and night of the living dummy 2 from my friends!! the thing at the bottom says he’s still walking he’s still stalking now I’m defenitly a little scared to read that book

18. pinkdolphin373

I never read one so I don’t know if I do or not but I would probably like it ’cause i love scary books

19. Stephanie

ok let me put it this way:I liked your books but while I watched THE SKARECROW WALKS AT MIDNIGHT my dad said rarrrrrrrrr and realy scared me so I dont watch the movies as much but…I still read the books right now Im reading SERIES 2000 INVASEN OF THE BODY SKWEAZERS.Mister fleshman is weird!

20. mikey

rl stine is the best author and if you read stine i want you to know that i hate reading books unless you wrote it because you know how to end a chapter. you make me want to read. thank you very much from mikey

21. anika

I absolutely love goosebump books I have all of them almost I am missing a few of the horrorland ones because I can not afford them but I have to book shelfs.I love the way R.L. stine rights it sometimes gives me the creeps but it is cool I am definetly going to want to buy this awesome book.

22. Beautyduke00

Hi Goosebumps,!
    I have NEVER ever read that book is it GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!
    [Beautyduke00]

23. rainbowsunshine10

Goosebumps books really give me the creeps but i think i’m interested in hall of horror’s thank you R.L Stine my teacher read me one of your books when i was younger keep it coming and by the way were do you get your insperation from.

24. annie ipad

Cooooool! Kinda eeww, but definitely cool!!!
    I love GOOSEBUMPS. I sometimes even read them at night!!! Yah, I do sometimes have nightmares……… Oh well!!!!!
    annie ipad

25. Caitlin

Hello, my name is Caitlin. I was wondering if you could stop writing Goosebumps stories. They Really give me bad nightmares.Thank You so much. Sincerely, Caitlin

26. randi

this sounds like a very good book ill read it the first chapter was amazing i like how you started the first paragraph of. there are lots of other horor books but this one rely stands out to me cant wait to read it.