September 12, 2011

Write On! Hunger Games Writing Prompt

Posted by at 5:02 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow_pen Can't wait for The Hunger Games movie? Are you a Hunger Games fanatic? Suppose you've finished the books. . . and can't imagine how to pass the time until the movie?

Well, we've got a fix for you in this week's Write On! Writing Prompt. It comes from marytonga who asks:
You're in the Hunger Games. What are your thoughts as you wait to run into the Arena?

Wow, that’s a tough one. MY first thought would probably be “Get me the heck outta here!!!” If I gained my composure, maybe I’d try to see what resources I could grab to use later on. Then I’d run as far as I could to an area that looked semi-safe.

What about you guys? Leave your answer for marytonga in the Comments below!

–Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Shadow Princess

I would be having a major adrenaline rush going through me and i would be thinking where to run and what is safe to pick up. O and saying silent sorries to all the tribute’s families

2. Pottergeek

I would think it’s so awesome because i llllllllllloooooovvvvvvveeeeeee the hunger games and I would be freaking out. Oh, in a way I wish I were Katniss. She’s awesome and smart and cool!!!! Cannot wait any longer for the hunger games. I love everything that says the hunger games on it!!!

3. Hydrafighting5

I would knock out anyone in my way with my sword, and I would grab all of the supplies, and if anyone challenged me, I’d resist them.

4. aquaautumn33

wellllll
    I would sprint like heck to get my supplies.
    Then I would sprint like heck to a safe area.
    Then I would sprint like heck away from any enemies.
    Boy lets hope I’m in the mood for running!
    Okay actually I would try to make an alliance.
    Then hide it out untill everyone eliminates each other.
    Then eliminate who ever’s left over.
    And yes it’s okay is some of you copy my idea! I know it rocks!

5. Genesis

A little late to this one, but I couldn’t resist. I would first check out the surroundings, plan where to run, preferably where others wouldn’t be as likely to head. Then I would check to see if there were any nearby items to grab and run with. I’d leave everything that was more than a few paces from me and not in the direction I wanted to go in because I’m pretty good in the outdoors with food and shelter, etc. So the main thing would be to get to the right place, alive.

6. Shannon

If I was in the Hunger Games arena, I would probably freak out for a minute or two before finally gaining my composure. After eventually gaining my composure, I would get (by any means of transportation) to the cornocopia in the middle and get some food and weapons so I could start my race for survival. Along the way, I would probably try to find some useful allies. In the end, I would not go face to face with my ally, it would be too sad to see them die by my hand. I would be brave and do what was best for my friends.

7. partygreen1

i would think run run as fast as you can and try to survive and also i would probably be thinking about my family and things of that nature

8. athenaocean17

Well, first I would probably scream really loudly. Then I would look at the other tributes and at the Cornucopia to see who I should be allies with and what supplies I should grab. I would have trouble waiting for the gong so I would think about other things like how stupid the Capitol is for ever dreaming this up and my token and all my frinds and family back home. And from there on out I would rely on friends and instinct to get me out alive.

9. socerrox

what kind of place would you be in ? what would you be wearing? do you already have alliencs? there isnt enough detail to say.

10. miniartemis

“Ok, take deep breaths, deeep breaths. Alright. You are NOT going to die. Sprint to the Cornicopia before the others and get the heck out of there. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DIE!!!!”
    By the way, I probably won’t survive. Well, That’s depressing.

11. Siolfra

I would run, and then come back later and get some of the left over supplies. Then I would run and stay out of everyone’s way because I wouldn’t want to kill anybody or be killed.

12. skimboarding

i’d be making a strategy and then run get my weapon of choice and a pack then make some traps to capture tributes and save my district partner.

13. stuffedpickles

I would probably be hyperventalating,or imagining my unbelievably horrif soon-to-be death. Then I’d probably be thinking of m besties.

14. mockingjay mania

well, i would look at the tributes before hand, make aliences, with people who have skills that i dont have. I would also figure out my biggest threats. Once in the arena, i would evaluate the situation, think of the things i need to survive and a try to find them in the cornacopia. Then i would look for wepons that i know how to use well( a machete, a bow and arrow, and some knives, and rope). Then i would look around the tribute circle and try to locate alies and threats, then grab my stuff as soon as the gong rings, and head twards high ground that is also heavilly wooded. Then i would find a warer source, then shelter(after running for a few miles with my alies). The next day i would start to figure out a food source, then take out my allies in their sleep once i get some info and skills out of them first.

15. Bella :)

Oh wht i’d think hmmm maybe I’d b wishing I was back home and probley about to go to tears (hey thtz meh) and probley stratgising whcih people to try and make a alliance with and well wht I should do! :)

16. redwolf31

I’d be in panic! I have to think about food & water, not getting killed, the weather, and my supplies! I’d try to stay alive, get as many supplies as I can, be near water but at the same time be somewhere safe.

17. april

i do not know this thing?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

18. blackpegasus12

First, I think that that is a GOOD book.
    OK. I would think to myself: Get supplies. Run. Get supplies. Run. I would feel really terrified, but know I have to keep my cool. If plan A doesn’t work, plan B is: Run. Run. Just get outta here. It’s amazing how Katniss gets out of there alive!!!

19. catching_fire

I SAW THE WORDS HUNGER GAMES
    Okay. I will do this :)
    I’d be thinking something along the lines of:
    “Okay. Stay calm. Assess the Cournicopia. Should I run for anything? Where are the people I want to ally with! Oh, no, don’t drop your token! Okay. Position yourself. DON’T SHIFT TOO MUCH stay calm just stay calm stay calm wait for the gong follow what your mentor said and STAY CALM. Breathe…breathe…wait for the gong…stay calm.”

20. ghostdemeter2

i would run for cover and then grab a wepen and when it is night take out my invisibility cloak.yes im a potterhead AND a jabberjay

21. stonefairy

I’d probably be thinking: Omg, how did I get here and how will I stay alive?
    Or: Okay, just concentrate. Focus on what you have to do. Have faith that God has a plan in this.

22. Percy and Harry fan

That is a difficult question…
    And I probably sound like a coward from this…
    “I am not going! No, absolutely not. I wish I had an invisibility cloak.”