September 30, 2011

Goosebumps Questions? Ask R.L. Stine

Rlstine Have you read all the Goosebumps books, watched all the TV shows, and wondered infinitely what goes on in the mind of Goosebumps creator, R.L. Stine? Well, here’s your chance to find out!

R.L. Stine, author of the Goosebumps HorrorLand and the new Hall of Horrors book series, is ready to answer your burning questions. Submit your questions in the Comments below and we’ll choose 10 of the most creative and terrifyingly ghoulish questions to pass on to R.L. Stine.

Check back here on October 26 to read the answers and see if your question was chosen.

— Amabel, Scholastic Media

1. awsume

How do you come up with your ideas? Do you want to be a ghost, vampire, zombie, or other mythical creature?Why or why not?

2. R

hi well i just wanted to know if when u write a book where do u get ur inspiration and if u do do YOU have to be scared to write the book

3. StarMagic

Hi Mr. R.L. Stine!
    If you can be any character in a story who would you be and why?
    Where do you get your inspiration in to writing?
    What are your fears and what are you scared of?
    Which character are you most like from your books?
    Thank You!

4. Hiphoph

I was just wondering, what made you want to write horror stories? Do you enjoy reading them? I always wonder what makes authors decide to write certain books.

5. Cerberusbreaking26

Dear MR. Stine,
    You are my favorite author and I am writing a book. Do you have any tips? you inspired me to be an author.
    please respond, Cerberusbreaking26

6. Kiley

I was wondering… Would you like to be a werewolf if you could? People at my school call me a werewolf. Could you do a Horrorland book about werewolves? I thought of a title for it, it’s Wollves Gone Wild. I hope you like it!

7. Amarie24

R.L Stine, you are my inspriation. What inspires you to write all these goosebumps books? And how did you come up with horrorland?

8. Slappythe living dummy

I really love your books.My favorite character is Slappy.If someone asked you what is your favorite goosebumps character? What would you say.And if you were to choose to be a monster what monster would you be.I would be Slappy for sure.I’ll check back on October 26.I Hope you pick my comment.Happy Halloween
    P.S. I really love your books.

9. alexa

my mom love it when
    she was little and i got
    books like say cheese and
    die and more my mom had a lot more than me somehow
    but my sister riped some
    so i can’t read now.

10. librarybook1

I love your books. I read all of them but zombie school at least 4 times. Even though I can read them in 45 minutes I LOVE THEM. By the way can you do a tour at my school this month or before December. Everyone at my school loves your books.

11. macayle

what inspired you to write goosebumps?and how do you make them so scary? keep writeing!only books i read!literaly.

12. s

I realy like your books,what will be your next sets of books,the reason i am wondering is because me and my whole family is your biggest fans,I also have lots of friends that love your books,they only go onto your websites and thats it,also I love your moves,anyways keep creating.