August 15, 2011

Writing Prompt: Back to School!

Posted by at 1:37 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

BackToSchool Writing Prompt: Back to School!

In most parts of the world, kids attend school all year round, and only have the month of August off. My friend from Japan talked about when he moved to the U.S., he was thrilled to have June, July, and August off. He said he didn’t know what to do with himself! (His mom promptly enrolled him in “summer classes” – poor guy). Another friend who recently went to London mentioned how the whole country practically shuts down for “holiday” in August. So I guess we should be grateful for small blessings like 2 ½ months of summer vacation!

But, now back-to-school time is here. The memories of summer will be tucked away, to make room for new memories in the coming school year (sniff sniff).

So, for today’s Writing Prompt we want to hear from you about Back-to-School:

What are you most looking forward to? What are you most dreading? What are your goals for the coming school year? What do you hope to accomplish?

Let us know in the Comments below!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. indigocreative2

Hello! I think there should be a blog/message message board to communicate w/my friends!! Ya school..is so cool! I already posted my comments.. dont want to hog the board. Hey island!!!

2. justaprincess

I’m dreading school! Not for the reasons you’d think… I actually like math and science and history… but I can’t put my problems without giving awy where I live!

3. Erin

I am looking foward to switching classes instead of staying with one teacher. I am dreading all the work that comes with being in middle school. My goal is to get all A’s.

4. darkbanana6

i guess im ready to go to middle school. i just dont like the fact that i don’t have any friends or my schedule. but i guess thats what its all about

5. chattypug1 (formerly SoccerBoarder)

I’m looking forward to this whole year, cuz i’m going into 8th grade. i’m dreading going back cuz it means i have to get up eaarly again. my goals are 4 consecutive terms on high honor roll. I hope to finally get a goal in soccer, and be a goalie too.

6. mackenzie

going into6th gradeso excited because i can finally have a locker and i can finally play the violin again plus i can meet so many new friends and i think ill have a lot of fun

7. julia

oh i just posted like to seconds ago but just to let you guy’s know going into 5th grade super excited!and let me know what grade you guy’s going into let me know because i read all of your guy’s comments every day!

8. julia

it’s cool to learn about what kids do in other countries:)but what i like the most about summer is you just get to relax and do what ever you want to and that you don’t always have to be working!and the best part is definitly,sleeping in till 12:00 in the afternoon:)what do you guy’s think let me know i cheek the blogs every day!so let me know what you guy;s like the most about sumer before summer is GONE!!!!!!!!

9. gigglyelbow3

my school is going through a huge change!there adding 5th grade into middle school.and i’m going into 5th grade.we have a really small school about 170 kids k-8.we’re loosing money and i hope i can stay there untill i go to high school!i want to get a’s and b’s and i bet i’ll get a lot of homework!!!

10. Alice

Im very much looking forward to starting middle school but im still very worried about how it will be like. Haha, i guess im very nervous and excited! But I really want to start school and im looking forward to seeing my friends again :)

11. CASHMATH4

I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO MATH!I’M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO READING :( I HOPE TO GET STRAIGHT A’s.I HOPE TO REACH MY READING GOAL AND GETTING STRAIGHT A’s:)

12. Artemishunting4

Me, I can’t wait to go back to school! All I pretty much do is make stories and read any books that I can get my hands on. Most kids would probably dread about homework but I don’t. For some reason, I look forward to have homework! Weird, right? I swear on the river Styx that I will be a better person to everyone and get epic grades.

13. brainfairy3

Im looking forward to learnig alot of cool things and im dreading to meet my new teachers. My gaols for this school year are to have a good year andbe the best i can be. I hope to accomplish all of my goals.

14. kyla

I am FINALLY gonna c my bffs! me and my group have lots 2 talk about.2 bad 4 the homework.And gym. and other stuff………

15. Cathryn

I am looking forward to new people, teachers and old friends. I am excited about getting to know everyone. I also dread all the work that sometimes comes with school, but I do enjoyu learning things.

16. Allegra

I cant wait to see my buddies again, I am dreading to see my crush (I get distracted), and being stuck in the same class as the mean/popular girls, my goal is to get good grades, and become more outgoing.

17. birdbrownie10

I am looking forward to go back to school to see all my old friends but I’m really sad because my best friend is changing schools for three years.

18. trixie m

oh yeah i didnt tell u!!im starting my first year in middle school!its pretty cool having break with seniors and not having sme stupid music class!

19. cookingb2

I want to meet new friends.I hate that some middle school can not have sports.I my goals are to excel in 2 classes.I hope I can make honor roll.

20. cutie3500

I’m actually pretty excited. This is my first year of middle-school, so I’m pretty psyched. I only have to have frour classes a day, and I get to wake up about an hour earlier than I had to last year, so that’s nice too. The only thing i don’t like about the school so far, is what they gave me for the summer. My new school gave me homework! During summer! That doesn’t even make any sense! Also, I don’t have to wear uniform like at my elementary school. So I’m pretty excited.

21. cobraosiris2

This will be my first year in middle school. The school I attended last year was closed and many people were sad. Most of my friends are going to attend our home school but I am going to attend a different one. I look forward to making new friends. I don`t have to wear uniforms this year and I am happy about that. I plan to study hard and continue to make good grades. I really think I will enjoy my new school this year.

22. bullblack132

i am siked for skool it will be a good year i am taking spanish and drama 1st semester then art 2nd semester it will be fun because i know all the techers