August 10, 2011

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

Losthero_130x130The Heroes of Olympus Book One: The Lost Hero

Rick Riordan introduces new demigod heroes in latest mythological adventure series. . .  With another prophecy, more enemies, and three new demigods, author Rick Riordan is back and kicks off his new series, The Heroes of Olympus, with The Lost Hero.

When Jason woke up, he knew something was wrong. If waking up in a bus filled with kids who seemed to know him wasn’t enough, he had no idea where he was or how he got there. The most shocking discovery is that he doesn’t know who he is. All he knows is that he supposedly has a beautiful girlfriend named Piper, a crazy best friend named Leo, and that he is in a juvenile program. If this seems crazy to you, you have no idea what’s in store in this adventurous book.

On the way to the Grand Canyon, a classmate turns into a storm spirit and tries to attack Jason, Leo, and Piper. The leader on the bus then turns into a satyr, but is captured while protecting the kids . After this startling encounter, a girl named Annabeth brings them to a camp called “Camp Half Blood” where they all are told that they are half-human, half-god. Piper is the daughter of Aphrodite, Leo is the son of Hephaestus, and Jason is the son of the most powerful god, Zeus. As they get used to the camp customs, they are sent on a mission to help the gods protect the western territories.

Will they succeed on their first task, get destroyed by unknown forces, or will they get hung up by the excitement and confusion of their past? To find out, pick up The Heroes of Olympus Book One: The Lost Hero at your local library or bookstore. This suspense-packed book is a page-turner and very hard to put down. Fans of Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson series will enjoy the foretelling of the new prophesy. I recommend this book to anyone who has a sweet spot for adventure.

— Scholastic News Kid Reporter, Wanjiku Gatheru

UPDATE: Book#2: The Son of Neptune is coming out in October. Get a sneak peek here.

1. K

LOVED THE BOOK!!! But Jason is not nearly as awesome as percy so this has to be my least fav book in the heroes of olympus series(age 10 an up) because no Percy!!!!!

2. aphroditedolphin6

i don’t think that i can wait for the 3rd book to come out but i have to! :( sometimes i wish that i could actualy be in the book! wouldn’t that be cool?! i would either want to be annabeth or a girl form of percy!!!! what about you all?

3. aphroditedolphin6

Oh My Goodness!!!! I LOVE this book! Same as The Son of Neptune!!!!!!! I read this one in only four days and the other in five! (because I didn’t read it one of the days) Rick Riordan is my Favortie AUTHOR!!!!!!!! I am a total Percy Jackson fan!!!

4. adventurehawk4

I love Rick Riordan! He totally roks and his books are awesome. I’ve read ALL of Precy Jackson and The Heros of Olympus!! they rock and i cant wait until book 2 the son of neptune comes out!! i pre ordered it on my kindle!!

5. orangebull21

This is a very good book. It had a lot to live up to after the Percy Jackson series as it s “father”, but I think that it did a great job filling dad’s shoes. But, dad better watch out , little jimmy might just grow out of dads shoes!!!!

6. citydog27

I haven’t read a book from this series but THE LOST HERO grabs my attention for some odd reason.This novel looks very interesting.I want a chance to read it!

7. beepurple36

omg my sis has been trying to look for this book on the internet and she hasent found it and i wasent even looking for it and i found it :o

8. mythbook

oh my god,the lost hero is my fav book of all time!!! i think i’ll die if i don’t read the second book,i badly need to know what happens. piper is my fav chacter in the book because even though she is the daughter of aphrodite she’s not obsessed about looking good and boys.[except jason]

9. DragonBear29

This book is awesome.I mean who woldn’t like this book.And I thought the Percy Jackson series was good.This is obviously better.

10. Cookingchocolate4

I LOVE The Lost Hero and cannot wait for The Son of Neptune! Rick Riordan is my absolute FAVORITE author!!!!!!!!!!

11. Kid Reporter Wanjiku Gatheru

Sorry DolphinBUtterfly37 and ramsin for misspelling pipers name. I was in a rush writing this review and my camp councilor was named pip so… ya im sorry

12. Caylie0519

Read it when I in school really good but not that exited for the new one to come outb/c I have gotten over Rick riordon (sorry Rick fans)

13. Artemishunting4

I LOVE THIS BOOK AT THE FIRST SIGHT OF IT! I have been waiting for the son of neptune for a WHOLE year! I can’t wait that long! I want to read this book so badly that I would do anything just to get to read this book.
    But for now, keep your your amors polish.

14. Piper

hehe i read the book already. Just finished. Very exciting. Waiting for the next one releasing on october 11 2011

15. percyj99

I LOVE PERCY JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can’t wait until October 4, 2011 for the Son of Neptune (I’m counting down the days)!

16. Dolphinaqua263

I haven’t read this book yet! But my mom has and she says it was amazing! I am reading it when I am done with the Lightning Thief Series!

17. jadedragon49

OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK! It’s a lucky break that it’s on my summer reading list project, and one of the options is to write diary entries of one of the characters, like a fanfic! Whoo hoo! I’m doing Piper, since I like the backstory with her dad, her confusion about Jason, the annoyance of Leo, and having to be a daughter of Aphrodite.

18. George

Love this book so much… Nearly tops the Percy Jackson series… Wait. It can’t ‘coz Percy’s in it:):)

19. Booklover5884

Right now, I am reading,The Titan’s Curse! I LOVE that series and I can’t wait to finish so I will be able to read this series of books!!! Btw my FAVORTIE kind of subject is Mythology so, this is definitley a book I would read! See ya!!:D

20. Apollmusic3

I loved the book and I love reading about myths Greek, Romen, Egyptian, Chinese, Hawaiian, and Norse gods.I can’t what for the next book

21. arcaedcake4

frend me my name is arcaedcake4 tihs book is the best i read it has a lot of ieads and deatils it is the best i think it has god parts on the book i have the book it is the best book in the world

22. Anna

I really enjoyed this book! I cannot wait for the sequel to come out The Son of Neptune… and it doesn’t even come out until October!!!!

23. P0lkaD0tPickle

I’ve never read this book, but i heard its really good! cant wait to borrow it from my friend. I agree with you chattyaqua!

24. bearband37

i LUV this book it is 1 of his best works ican not wait 4 the son of neptune and theres a fan fic i really luv percy dies they get engaged hav a kid

25. Anna

I’ve already read it and it is a fantastic book to start a series!!
    The second book comes out in october(?)can’t wait!!!

26. 44maplesyrup

i love the lost hero! it was just as good as percy jackson. i can’t WAIT for book 2,the son of neptune.