July 4, 2011

Writing Prompt: Favorite Book Characters

Posted by at 2:49 am in Harry Potter, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_charactergifts EPIC Character Questions!

Skyelark Moon on the Harry Potter Message Board has some great questions for today's Writing Prompt. The questions are meant for Harry Potter characters, but I think they work with any book characters. So think about YOUR favorite characters and come up with your answers to these epic questions. . .

• Who is your favorite character?
  • Which character would you want to go on a date with?
  • If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you?
  • What character would you like to live with?
  • What character would be your best friend?
  • If you could take a character camping, what one would it be?
  • If you had the choice to go anywhere with a character, what place would you go, and who would you go with?
  • If you could be a character, which one would you be?
  • What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts?

For example, if I were away, I would want Theodosia Throckmorton from Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos to take care of my cats, because they sometimes act really crazy and Theo will be able to tell if it's because they are cursed.

And if I could take a character camping, I would take Kate Weatherall from The Mysterious Benedict Society. I would want to see her build a tent out of all the crazy stuff she carries in her bucket!

Answer one question or answer them all! Leave your answers in the Comments.

1. goatsunshine2

I love to go on Stacks because, it lets my learn thing in different way and have fun with it. You also get to log the min. that you read that week and let your friend and and others know if you want. Ever since I have been on here I have been having lots of fun with what I do. I AM PROUD OF MY SELF!!!!!!!!

2. Katy

Q1.My fav charactor in the Harry Potter series is Albus Dumbledore from harry potter
    Q2.The character I would want to go n a date with is Harry because he’s brave, kind, and he sticks up for his friends
    Q3.The Weasleys would take care of my pets.
    Q4.I’d want to live with the Weasleys.
    Q5.Hermione would of course be my best friend.
    Q6.I would take Harry camping because the Dursley’s arent very nice to him and probably have never taken him camping and I like him.
    Q7.If I had the choice to go anywhere with a character I’d go back to the past with Harry and Hermione to save Serious from being pushed into the portal thing by Bellatrix.
    Q8.If I could be a charactor I’d be Ginny because she’s good at Quiditch , brave, and marries Harry.
    Q9. I’d want Hermion, Harry, and Ron in my dorm.
    Great quiz make more please.:)

3. Isabel

i would totally go out with Percy Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean, who wouldn’t wanna go out with him???????? HE’S SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Maddie

1. Fred/George
    2. Fred/George (they rock!)
    3. Hagrid (I trust him!)
    4. Hermione
    5. Ginny
    6. Albus Dumbledore
    7. Hogwarts with Luna
    8. Weird but Albus Dumbledore even though I’m a girl
    9. James Potter

5. DuskZombie1

1. My favourite Character is Totes Amanada Beeson from the Gifted Series
    2. I’d totally wanna date Dempsey in the Clique
    3. I’d kinda want Dan to take care of my pets because he was really good with Saldain
    4. Piper Mclean no questions she’d be awsum 2 live with
    5. Isabel or Neriah from the Guardians of Time Triolgy as my best friends
    6. Ummmmm I think I’d take Violet Baudlaire camping
    7. Sticky or George Washington to Egypt
    8. That’s actually really difficult but it’d b Nina Ldi from the Shadow Childeren Series I’d be fun to be her well kinda
    9. Totes Ginny and Luna it’d b so much fun to have them in my dorm in hogwarts

6. Sam

I would like Hagrid to take care of my pets because, if you’ve read the Harry Potter books, he is good with animals. Well, animals with countless eyes, teeth, and claws, anyhow.

7. basketballazure2

1.Ginny or Hermione
    2.Harry
    3.Ginny
    4.Hermione
    5.Ron…I would scare him with a spider!
    6.Amsterdam with Hermione and Ginny
    7.Hermione
    8.Ginny

8. alywrites

~Hermione, actually!
    ~RON!! Or Won won as Lavender called him!
    ~Hmmm, Harry? He takes/took good care of Hedwig, so I think he’ll take good care of my pet! c:
    ~Hermione, Luna, and Ginny! :3
    ~Hermione. We’re both know-it-alls! XD
    ~I think it’d be interesting to take Luna. Maybe not safe, but cool!
    ~Ron; PARIS! ;D
    ~Hmm, Lily. I mean, when she attended Hogwarts.
    ~Hermione. I’d rather have someone who has awesome spells defending me and teaching me.

9. mindwallabee1

If I were to go and live with any character from a book it would be Nim from Nim’s Island by Wendy Orr. While I was gone, I would trust my dog (and hermit crabs…AND frog…) with Max from the Tapestry series because he took care of the last lymrill in the world, Nick.
    While we are on Nim’s Island I would go camping with Mr. Canis from the Sisters Grimm Series (because he’d scare away all the critters at night!)
    When I miss my best friend Christina, from Secret of Zoom by Lynne Jonell, I would send her a postcard with a plane on it because we both like planes.
    I’ve read too many books to have a favorite character and I don’t need a date…
    Thanks for asking! :)

10. bookishathena39

I can’t decide who my favorite character is.I wouldn’t go on a date with anyone.I’d want Amy from The 39 Clues to take care of my pets. Annabeth from Percy Jackson would be who I’d want to live with. Anastasia from Anastasia The Last Grand Duchess would be my best friend. Opal from Because Of Winn Dixie would probably be good to camp with.I would pick Nellie from The 39 Clues to travel to Europe with.Too many awesome characters I could be.I’d dorm with Hermionie.

11. Starrninjarawr

Jenny McAfee
    Percy Jackson
    Juli Baker
    Jenny McAfee
    Jenny McAfee
    Albus Dumbledore
    Camp Half-Blood with Annabeth Chase
    Hermione Granger or Annabeth Chase
    Hermione Granger

12. dragondolphin23

My favourite character is the main boy character in Kasper The Prince Of Cats. I would probably date the main boy (forget his name UUURRRGGGHHH!!!!) I’d let lizzie take care of my pet fish. I’d live with all of the characters.

13. Poseidonwave5

I would date Percy Jackson, have him as a roomate and he’s my favorite character and since he forgot everything its gonna be perfect my BF will be Grover he is a protecter after all! I would take Percy to the beach and L.A.

14. Ocean_Blue

•Who is your favorite character–Clove from The Hunger Games
    •Which character would you want to go on a date with?–Finnick or Peeta from The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay
    •If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you?–Hermione from Harry Potter
    •What character would you like to live with?–Tris from Divergent
    •What character would be your best friend?–Johanna from Catching Fire and Mockingjay
    •If you could take a character camping, what one would it be?–Rue from The Hunger Games
    •If you had the choice to go anywhere with a character, what place would you go, and who would you go with?–I would go to Italy with Johanna from Catching Fire and Mockingjay
    •If you could be a character, which one would you be?–Hanna from Pretty Little Liars
    •What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts?–Mia from If I Stay
    Pretty good quiz!
    ~Ocean_Blue

15. Poseidonwave5

Whats Up!!my favorite character is Percy Jackson. Tyson would take care of my pet because he’s good with household.I would live with Percy Jackson and I want to have some of the experience a demigod has.I would also go on a date with him. My best friend would be Annabeth because I could trust her and Grovaer because he is a protector. If I would go camping with someone it would be Thalia.If I could go anywhere with Percy it would be to the beach and to LA. If I could be a character I would want to be Percy Jackson.The character I would want in my dorm at Hogwarts would be Harry.

16. Skyelark Moon

Wow! Another post in the Inkspot Blog? Thanks! My answers are…
    •Who is your favorite character? Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter!
    •Which character would you want to go on a date with? Um… I’m going to leave this one blank! ;)
    • If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you? Hermione Granger!
    •What character would you like to live with? Probably Luna Lovegood!
    •What character would be your best friend? Luna, Neville and Ginny from HP!
    •If you could take a character camping, what one would it be? Probably Neville!
    •If you had the choice to go anywhere with a character, what place would you go, and who would you go with? I would go to the Underland with Gregor!
    •If you could be a character, which one would you be? I would be Luna!
    •What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts? Luna Lovegood!
    Thanks again!

17. Sirius Black Fan

Sirius Black is my fave character.
    I would go on a date with Harry Potter.
    I would have Hermione Granger take care of my pet.
    I would like to live with Sirius Black and Draco Malfoy because their awesome.
    I would have Remus Lupin be my friend.
    I would take Albus Dumbledore camping becuse you can trust him.
    I would go to London with all the Harry Potter characters.
    I would want to be Sirius Black because hes great.
    I would want to dorm with Tonks because shes funny.

18. merrypainting2

1. Severus Snape, because
    he stuck with
    Dumbledore til the end.
    2. Harry Potter, of course!
    3. Hermione
    4. Fred/George
    5. Ginny
    6. Mrs. Weasley, I would
    always have a full
    belly!
    7. I would go hunt for
    Horcruxes with Harry.
    8. Ginny
    9. Ginny and Hermione

19. kensly

Hi,my favorite character is Hermione. I would go on a date with Harry. I would have Ginny take care of my pets. I would live with Fred and Geogre cause they sure can make you laugh. My best friend would be Hermione she is nice and fun. Ron for sure maybe I can find him a spider! I”d go to Paris with Herminoe ,plus she was born their. Harry Potter of course. Ginny, I’m up for some girl gossip!

20. water1of4

What character would be your best friend?
    Katara,a waterbender from Avatar:The last Airbender.She is really determined and powerful!

21. ashi1

Ginny or Tonks
    Well,none of the HP people but Sirius’s nice.
    Ginny
    Tonks
    Hermione
    I’d go with Lupin
    lol

22. miniartemis

I would DEFINATELY date Percy Jackson. Too bad he’s already taken by Annabeth. But no, what if he doesn’t even remember her?? I cannot wait untill the Son Of Neptune comes out!!
    And my best friend would be Ginny Weasly, Prim Everdeen, or Rue(from The Hunger Games). (don’t know her last name!!)