July 4, 2011

Writing Prompt: Favorite Book Characters

Posted by at 2:49 am in Harry Potter, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_charactergifts EPIC Character Questions!

Skyelark Moon on the Harry Potter Message Board has some great questions for today's Writing Prompt. The questions are meant for Harry Potter characters, but I think they work with any book characters. So think about YOUR favorite characters and come up with your answers to these epic questions. . .

• Who is your favorite character?
  • Which character would you want to go on a date with?
  • If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you?
  • What character would you like to live with?
  • What character would be your best friend?
  • If you could take a character camping, what one would it be?
  • If you had the choice to go anywhere with a character, what place would you go, and who would you go with?
  • If you could be a character, which one would you be?
  • What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts?

For example, if I were away, I would want Theodosia Throckmorton from Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos to take care of my cats, because they sometimes act really crazy and Theo will be able to tell if it's because they are cursed.

And if I could take a character camping, I would take Kate Weatherall from The Mysterious Benedict Society. I would want to see her build a tent out of all the crazy stuff she carries in her bucket!

Answer one question or answer them all! Leave your answers in the Comments.

1. bearcity32

My answer to all these questions are either Sirius Black from the Harry Potter series, Firestar from the Warriors series, Hollyleaf from the Warriors series, Kallik from the Seekers series, or Storm from the Survivors series.

2. bearcity32

Answer to all questions: SIRIUS BLACK(Harry Potter by J.K.Rowling) OR FIRESTAR(Warriors By Erin Hunter)

3. amerhamster35

1. The Weasley twins
    2. Harry Potter
    3. Hermione
    4. The Weasley’s
    5. Ginny, Hermione, or Luna
    6. Mr. Weasley
    9. Ginny

4. IsisPegasus6

-Hermione, Katniss Everdeen, Piper McLean
    -Gale Hawthorn
    -Dobby
    -Percy Jackson
    -Primrose Everdeen
    -Peeta Mellark (before he was hijacked)
    -Sadie Kane, Zia Rashnid
    -Hermione (duh)

5. Timesha

My favorite character is definetly Harry Potter. He sacrificed his life to save those he loved. In the end he conquered death. I enjoyed watching him grow and mature throughout the series.

6. Jazz Black

Who is your favorite character?
    Hermoine Jean Granger
    Which character would you want to go on a date with?
    Fred Weasley
    If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you?
    Neville Longbottom
    What character would you like to live with?
    Hermione Granger
    What character would be your best friend?
    the golden trio, the twins, and Luna
    If you could take a character camping, what one would it be?
    The twins
    Greece, with Fred Weasley
    If you could be a character, which one would you be?
    Hermione Granger, or Luna Lovegood
    What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts?
    Luna Lovegood

7. werewolfcat5

My favorite character is Septimus from Flyte.I don’t know who I’ll go with on a date so I guess nobody.I would want Jenny from How I Survived Middle School to take care of my pet.I would want to live with Liza from How I Survived Middle School.Jenna from Magyk would be my best friend.I will want to take Madison from Madison Finn camping.If I could go with any character to a zoo,I would take Mandy from Animal Ark with me.I would want to be Marcia from Magyk.I would want Harry Potter to be in my dorm at Hogwarts.

8. Tennisrat

I would want to be Kendra from Fablehaven( which, by the way, is a totally epic book) because her powers are totally SWEET!!!

9. anonymous

My fave character is Tiffany Aching (Tiffany Aching Adventures by Terry Prachett)
    I dont date
    I would want Petulia (see above) to take care of my pet
    I would want Kate Wetherall to live with me
    Tiffany Aching of course!
    I would go camping with Kristy Thomas

Q7.I would go to the butter beer place with Ginny and Hermione
    Q8.I would be Ginny I don’t know why
    Q9.Ginny,Hermione,Cho

11. MidnightDreamer

*Luna, Piper, or Snape
    *Percy or possibly Frank
    *Hmmm. Hagrid because he teaches care of magical creatures.
    *Can I pick 2? Luna and Percy. Cuz Percy is my BF. Lol. Kidding.
    *Luna because she is cool.
    *Leo and Hazel because they are cool and we could build an awesome tent.
    *To Hawaii with Percy. Cuz I’ve always wanted to go to Hawaii. Plus, it’s by the ocean
    *Piper or Annabeth
    *Luna. Especially because I’m a ravenclaw.

12. Ley56

Elfangor
    Elfangor
    I don’t have a pet if I did. Cassie.
    Elfangor
    Rachel (Elfangor would be my boyfriend.)
    Cassie
    Elfangor Greece.
    Rachel (I get her on the quiz) Or Loren (she marries Elfangor)
    Tobias for a non HP person Luna for Hp person.

13. nico

I have got to reply to who my favorite character is. Voldemort. He is evil he is cool. Also have to reply to who i would go on a date with. Either Ginny, or Hermione. Belatrix is actually pretty in LEGO. I watched the Potter Puppet Pals online. My favorite is the Draco episode.

14. Estrella

I am the most biggest fan of Harry Potter in the last movie i dont get why he would break and throw away the wand of Dumbledor thats just crazy :) :):)

15. I<3prt2!!

2. Fred Weasley
    3. Hagrid
    4. Sirus Black
    5. Cho Chang
    6. Diogon Allay with Hermoine Granger
    7. Ginny Weasley
    8. Hermione (or Cho Chang)

17. Onyxfairy5

1. Professor Snape/Thalia
    2. none
    3. Hagrid/Chiron
    4. Cho Chan/Annabeth
    5. Hermione/Alyss (from Rangers Apprentice)
    6. Bex (from the Gallegher Girls)
    7. London with Bex/Japan with Cho Chan
    8. Will (from RA)
    9. Cho and Hermione

18. Lily

1.Who is your favorite character?
    From HP: Luna Lovegood
    From PJO: Nico di Angelo
    From Warrior Cats:Jayfeather
    From Inheritance Cycle: Arya
    From Hunger Games: Rue or Prim or Haymitch
    2.Which character would you want to go on a date with?
    Draco Malfoy or Fred weasley or Nico di Angelo *SPOILER* too bad that Fred is dead… :(
    3.If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you?
    The Weasleys
    4.What character would you like to live with?
    That’s kinda hard…I’m gonna have to go with Hermione Granger. She’s pretty awesome. I would go with Luna, but her house is..umm..strange.
    5.What character would be your best friend?
    Luna Lovegood. I really think she’s awesome and that she’s really smart, if not a bit weird. I’d also go with Rue or Prim or Katniss from the Hunger Games
    6.If you could take a character camping, what one would it be?
    Katniss from the Hunger Games. If I ever get chased by a bear, she’d know what to do.
    7.If you had the choice to go anywhere with a character, what place would you go, and who would you go with?
    I would go with Hermione or Luna or Rose Weasley to Paris cuz it’s just awesome like that.
    8.If you could be a character, which one would you be?
    I’d love to be Rose Weasley or Bianca di Angelo for a day. Just for 1 day though.
    9.What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts?
    Luna or Katniss or Prim or Hermione

19. JadeDragon49

@miniartemis I don’t think Rue has a last name. It said online that District Elevens don’t have last names.

20. Patricia

My favorite character is Severus Snape because I can relate to being bullied at school, particually when it’s someone stronger than you. I’d date Bill Weasely. I’d would be Ollivander, because he’s an extraordainary character,if you think about it. I’d room with Luna Lovegood,and she’d be my best friend as well.

21. Lily Luna :)

Who is your favorite character? Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, Neville…
    Which character would you want to go on a date with? Harry or Ron
    If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you? Plants- Neville… Pets- Ginny or Hermione
    What character would you like to live with? Weasleys
    What character would be your best friend? Hermione, Ginny, or Luna
    If you could take a character camping, what one would it be? Luna
    If you had the choice to go anywhere with a character, what place would you go, and who would you go with? Crumple-Horned Snorcack Hunting with Luna :) .
    If you could be a character, which one would you be? Luna, Ginny, or Hermione
    What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts? Luna or Ginnny, maybe Hermione

22. autumnapplebelly

23. Kattayle

Q1.Fave Character:Hermione Granger
    Q2.The Character I’d Date: Harry Potter
    Q3.The Character I’d want to take care of my pets: Hermione Granger
    Q4.The Character(s) I’d want to live with: Fred and George Weasley
    Q5.The Character who’d be my best friend: Ginny Weasley
    Q6.I’d want to take Fred and George Weasley to Six Flags (I don’t know why)
    Q7.I’d want to be Ron Weasley
    Q8.The Character I’d want in my dorm: Hermione Granger
    i know i forgot a question but idc

24. SilverFairy1

Hey HEy, im doing
    a mix between
    Fablehaven series and
    Gallagher girl series
    ( read em both. you wont regret it!)
    1.Mr. Solomon
    2.Seth
    3.Warren
    4.Cammie!!
    5.HeX Cammie!!
    6.Bex!
    7.Bracken and…fairy queen land ( wat evs its called)
    8.Cammie. A fairy.
    9.Bex.Hugo!

25. psychedphoenix7

1 Sirius Black
    2 I would love to go on a date with either Fred George or Ron I love Redheads
    3 Hagrid would take care of my pets I think it’s great how he takes care of buckbeak
    4 I’d want to live with either Luna or Hermoine
    5 Luna and Ginny would be my best friends
    6 I would take Ron camping I LOVE him (and his RED hair!!!)
    7 If I could go anywhere with anyone I would go to the exact same thing as Katy but with Ron, Harry and Hermoine
    8 i would be Hermoine because shes smart helpful and marries Ron
    9 I’d want Draco and Neville in my dorm
    I love your quiz thanks

26. athenaangel64

on almost all of these i would pick hermione. except who would you date(etc)of course!!!! i feel like most of the time i am hermione without magic! HARRY POTTER BOOKS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. emeraldcrown1

Q1 Anne of Green Gables and Kit from The Witch of Blackbird Pond
    Q2. Gilbert from Anne of Green Gables
    Q4. Anne of Green Gables

28. Popcorn3penguin

•Who is your favorite character?
    Hermione
    •Which character would you want to go on a date with?Fred
    •If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you?
    Hagrid
    •What character would you like to live with?
    Ginny
    •What character would be your best friend?
    Hermione
    •If you could take a character camping, what one would it be?
    Hermione
    Yule ball with fred
    •If you could be a character, which one would you be?
    Ginny
    •What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts?
    Hermione and Ginny

29. Alayna

1. Sirius
    2. RON!
    3. Luna or Tonks I know they would be safe
    4. Hermoine she could help anyone with their homework!!!
    5.Luna or Hermoine
    6. Sirius but I would be SO scared ’cause Bellatrix is (was) after him
    7.Italy with Luna and Ginny
    8. Hermoinie
    9. Harry

30. goatsunshine2

I love to go on Stacks because, it lets my learn thing in different way and have fun with it. You also get to log the min. that you read that week and let your friend and and others know if you want. Ever since I have been on here I have been having lots of fun with what I do. I AM PROUD OF MY SELF!!!!!!!!

31. Katy

Q1.My fav charactor in the Harry Potter series is Albus Dumbledore from harry potter
    Q2.The character I would want to go n a date with is Harry because he’s brave, kind, and he sticks up for his friends
    Q3.The Weasleys would take care of my pets.
    Q4.I’d want to live with the Weasleys.
    Q5.Hermione would of course be my best friend.
    Q6.I would take Harry camping because the Dursley’s arent very nice to him and probably have never taken him camping and I like him.
    Q7.If I had the choice to go anywhere with a character I’d go back to the past with Harry and Hermione to save Serious from being pushed into the portal thing by Bellatrix.
    Q8.If I could be a charactor I’d be Ginny because she’s good at Quiditch , brave, and marries Harry.
    Q9. I’d want Hermion, Harry, and Ron in my dorm.
    Great quiz make more please.:)

32. Isabel

i would totally go out with Percy Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!! i mean, who wouldn’t wanna go out with him???????? HE’S SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Maddie

1. Fred/George
    2. Fred/George (they rock!)
    3. Hagrid (I trust him!)
    4. Hermione
    5. Ginny
    6. Albus Dumbledore
    7. Hogwarts with Luna
    8. Weird but Albus Dumbledore even though I’m a girl
    9. James Potter

34. DuskZombie1

1. My favourite Character is Totes Amanada Beeson from the Gifted Series
    2. I’d totally wanna date Dempsey in the Clique
    3. I’d kinda want Dan to take care of my pets because he was really good with Saldain
    4. Piper Mclean no questions she’d be awsum 2 live with
    5. Isabel or Neriah from the Guardians of Time Triolgy as my best friends
    6. Ummmmm I think I’d take Violet Baudlaire camping
    7. Sticky or George Washington to Egypt
    8. That’s actually really difficult but it’d b Nina Ldi from the Shadow Childeren Series I’d be fun to be her well kinda
    9. Totes Ginny and Luna it’d b so much fun to have them in my dorm in hogwarts

35. Sam

I would like Hagrid to take care of my pets because, if you’ve read the Harry Potter books, he is good with animals. Well, animals with countless eyes, teeth, and claws, anyhow.

36. basketballazure2

1.Ginny or Hermione
    2.Harry
    3.Ginny
    4.Hermione
    5.Ron…I would scare him with a spider!
    6.Amsterdam with Hermione and Ginny
    7.Hermione
    8.Ginny

37. alywrites

~Hermione, actually!
    ~RON!! Or Won won as Lavender called him!
    ~Hmmm, Harry? He takes/took good care of Hedwig, so I think he’ll take good care of my pet! c:
    ~Hermione, Luna, and Ginny! :3
    ~Hermione. We’re both know-it-alls! XD
    ~I think it’d be interesting to take Luna. Maybe not safe, but cool!
    ~Ron; PARIS! ;D
    ~Hmm, Lily. I mean, when she attended Hogwarts.
    ~Hermione. I’d rather have someone who has awesome spells defending me and teaching me.

38. mindwallabee1

If I were to go and live with any character from a book it would be Nim from Nim’s Island by Wendy Orr. While I was gone, I would trust my dog (and hermit crabs…AND frog…) with Max from the Tapestry series because he took care of the last lymrill in the world, Nick.
    While we are on Nim’s Island I would go camping with Mr. Canis from the Sisters Grimm Series (because he’d scare away all the critters at night!)
    When I miss my best friend Christina, from Secret of Zoom by Lynne Jonell, I would send her a postcard with a plane on it because we both like planes.
    I’ve read too many books to have a favorite character and I don’t need a date…
    Thanks for asking! :)

39. bookishathena39

I can’t decide who my favorite character is.I wouldn’t go on a date with anyone.I’d want Amy from The 39 Clues to take care of my pets. Annabeth from Percy Jackson would be who I’d want to live with. Anastasia from Anastasia The Last Grand Duchess would be my best friend. Opal from Because Of Winn Dixie would probably be good to camp with.I would pick Nellie from The 39 Clues to travel to Europe with.Too many awesome characters I could be.I’d dorm with Hermionie.

40. Starrninjarawr

Jenny McAfee
    Percy Jackson
    Juli Baker
    Jenny McAfee
    Jenny McAfee
    Albus Dumbledore
    Camp Half-Blood with Annabeth Chase
    Hermione Granger or Annabeth Chase
    Hermione Granger

41. dragondolphin23

My favourite character is the main boy character in Kasper The Prince Of Cats. I would probably date the main boy (forget his name UUURRRGGGHHH!!!!) I’d let lizzie take care of my pet fish. I’d live with all of the characters.

42. Poseidonwave5

I would date Percy Jackson, have him as a roomate and he’s my favorite character and since he forgot everything its gonna be perfect my BF will be Grover he is a protecter after all! I would take Percy to the beach and L.A.

43. Ocean_Blue

•Who is your favorite character–Clove from The Hunger Games
    •Which character would you want to go on a date with?–Finnick or Peeta from The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay
    •If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you?–Hermione from Harry Potter
    •What character would you like to live with?–Tris from Divergent
    •What character would be your best friend?–Johanna from Catching Fire and Mockingjay
    •If you could take a character camping, what one would it be?–Rue from The Hunger Games
    •If you had the choice to go anywhere with a character, what place would you go, and who would you go with?–I would go to Italy with Johanna from Catching Fire and Mockingjay
    •If you could be a character, which one would you be?–Hanna from Pretty Little Liars
    •What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts?–Mia from If I Stay
    Pretty good quiz!
    ~Ocean_Blue

44. Poseidonwave5

Whats Up!!my favorite character is Percy Jackson. Tyson would take care of my pet because he’s good with household.I would live with Percy Jackson and I want to have some of the experience a demigod has.I would also go on a date with him. My best friend would be Annabeth because I could trust her and Grovaer because he is a protector. If I would go camping with someone it would be Thalia.If I could go anywhere with Percy it would be to the beach and to LA. If I could be a character I would want to be Percy Jackson.The character I would want in my dorm at Hogwarts would be Harry.

45. Skyelark Moon

Wow! Another post in the Inkspot Blog? Thanks! My answers are…
    •Who is your favorite character? Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter!
    •Which character would you want to go on a date with? Um… I’m going to leave this one blank! ;)
    • If you were away, what character would take care of your pet for you? Hermione Granger!
    •What character would you like to live with? Probably Luna Lovegood!
    •What character would be your best friend? Luna, Neville and Ginny from HP!
    •If you could take a character camping, what one would it be? Probably Neville!
    •If you had the choice to go anywhere with a character, what place would you go, and who would you go with? I would go to the Underland with Gregor!
    •If you could be a character, which one would you be? I would be Luna!
    •What character would you want in your dorm at Hogwarts? Luna Lovegood!
    Thanks again!

46. Sirius Black Fan

Sirius Black is my fave character.
    I would go on a date with Harry Potter.
    I would have Hermione Granger take care of my pet.
    I would like to live with Sirius Black and Draco Malfoy because their awesome.
    I would have Remus Lupin be my friend.
    I would take Albus Dumbledore camping becuse you can trust him.
    I would go to London with all the Harry Potter characters.
    I would want to be Sirius Black because hes great.
    I would want to dorm with Tonks because shes funny.

47. merrypainting2

1. Severus Snape, because
    he stuck with
    Dumbledore til the end.
    2. Harry Potter, of course!
    3. Hermione
    4. Fred/George
    5. Ginny
    6. Mrs. Weasley, I would
    always have a full
    belly!
    7. I would go hunt for
    Horcruxes with Harry.
    8. Ginny
    9. Ginny and Hermione

48. kensly

Hi,my favorite character is Hermione. I would go on a date with Harry. I would have Ginny take care of my pets. I would live with Fred and Geogre cause they sure can make you laugh. My best friend would be Hermione she is nice and fun. Ron for sure maybe I can find him a spider! I”d go to Paris with Herminoe ,plus she was born their. Harry Potter of course. Ginny, I’m up for some girl gossip!

49. water1of4

What character would be your best friend?
    Katara,a waterbender from Avatar:The last Airbender.She is really determined and powerful!

50. ashi1

Ginny or Tonks
    Well,none of the HP people but Sirius’s nice.
    Ginny
    Tonks
    Hermione
    I’d go with Lupin
    lol

51. miniartemis

I would DEFINATELY date Percy Jackson. Too bad he’s already taken by Annabeth. But no, what if he doesn’t even remember her?? I cannot wait untill the Son Of Neptune comes out!!
    And my best friend would be Ginny Weasly, Prim Everdeen, or Rue(from The Hunger Games). (don’t know her last name!!)