July 22, 2011

Selena Gomez in Monte Carlo

Posted by at 4:57 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Selena 19-year-old Selena Gomez plays Grace AND Cordelia in the new movie Monte Carlo (rated PG).

Q: This movie is about having your dream come true. Was becoming a teenage idol part of your dream in your life? How was it to play two people in one movie?

Selena: Yes. My dream was to just do what I love, so I guess the outcome has been really surprising and wonderful for me. As far as playing two roles, that was really fun. I was nervous though as all get out. I was really nervous because Cordelia was a totally different character for me. She was completely evil and had to have an accent, so I was a little nervous, but I had a great time.

Q: What was your favorite spot that you visited in Monte Carlo and why?
Selena: We got to stay at the actual hotel that you see in the movie which was really fancy pants.

Q: Could you tell me about the challenges and rewards of working in TV versus film?
Selena: For me I worked on a sitcom, so I had four cameras; we had an audience and my hours were maybe 10 hours a day. And I enjoyed that. It was actually easy and I was very comfortable. On film, we worked like night shoots at like six, worked 14 hour days, but the reward was having to be on this beautiful location and meet awesome people and work with good people. It was fun.

Q: What was your favorite scene in the movie?
Selena: My favorite scene in the movie would maybe be the end where I’m saying goodbye to Leighton [Meester] because our characters go up this huge arc, so it’s really nice to see us bond at the end. And there’s another scene that I like where I’m with Katie [Cassidy] in the bed and we’re kind of talking about our feelings and kind of what we’re going through, and I think it’s really sweet and Katie does a great job.

Montecarlo
Q: Could you talk about wearing the gorgeous clothes?
Selena: Well that was all Tom. Tom Bezucha, who directed the film, wanted it to be really beautiful and not very bright, but just uplifting, and he did a very good job with it. Grace’s wardrobe is very Texan and very simple but very pretty. Cordelia’s was very intense. I mean she wore really amazing dresses and jackets and glasses and purses and earrings, and it was really fun to kind of create that whole vibe because she wasn’t the kind of heiress that I thought she was going to be. She was very high-fashion. My personal clothes is just kind of simple and I like comfortable things.

Q: The movie is all about this like once in a lifetime adventure. In your own life, do you have one memorable summer adventure?
Selena: For me, it would probably have to be this movie. I mean I was 17 when I shot the film and I got to live in Budapest for six weeks and go to Paris and Monte Carlo for two weeks and work with Katie and Leighton which was awesome. So for me that whole experience was really life-changing. I learned so much on this film. So I would say that was one of the best summers.

Q: The movie begins with a graduation scene. Could you talk about what your school experience was like, and if you have advice for kids about going back to school in the fall.
Selena: I went to school up until eighth grade, so it was Middle School for me. I was not a very popular kid. I kind of sat in the back. I had like two friends and my cousin was the captain of the cheerleading team, so nobody picked on me because she was the most popular, so she was always very protective of me. My advice though is it’s so hard to not give in to what all of the trends are and what people are saying. So hard to do that, but ultimately I’m so happy being. . . I would much rather be the oddball out than kind of create something of myself that I’m not proud of. I don’t know if that’s advice but I really hope that they stay who they are.

Can you believe that Justin Bieber’s girlfriend was not popular in Middle School??? Think about THAT the next time you get picked on!

Also don’t miss our STACKS video of Selena talking about why she loves to read!

1. blackbird1514

Selena Gomez is so AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!I LOVE her songs.Especially Love you like a love song and who says.They are great songs.So does anybody have a favorite? I do well yall already know because i just put it on here.But anyways i love here she is so AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

2. dejah b

i like selena but i also don’t like that she is dating justin bieber she knows girls are gonna be all around him love him not alot alot but i love hime my bff does too but she loves him alot alot lol

3. bengyiscool

Yah it must hav been difficult making the movie with one girl thats two characters! well, i hope you had fun with the movie anyway!=)

4. ice-cream-icecream

Oh man1 I sooo want to see this movie! I’m planning an x mas party and i think we’ll watch this! I love selena gomez

5. demiandselenafan123

SELENA GOMEZ! I love her! She is the best actress, plus Demi Lovato! I Love that movie! She sooooo beautiful! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

6. aquaautumn33

Selena rocks!
    she’s so incredible cool that she’s my role model.
    I also think that Selena and Justin are such a perfect match!
    Go Selena!
    Keep on making everyones dreams come true!

7. PINKMUSIC13

SELENA I♥ UR MOVIE U ACT SO GOOD AND LOL ADD ME AS UR FRIEND PLZ AND ALSO UR AWSOME DUDE I LIKE THE PART WERE THE OTHER SELENA COMES!!!AM UR NUMBER 1 FAN!!!

8. peachingjeysha

I luv u selena gomez. I really want to know more.i know u always rock it!ur a good acter keepn it up and i hope we talk soon chao

9. Jane

I luv Monte Carlo! It is seriously the best movie ever made! I luv Selena, she rocks, she looks really pretty in that movie too.

10. Andrew w

selena i think u r sssssooooooo pretty. I love u .I wish i could meet u.I had a dream that I went to school and u where there and i huged u and in my dream at lunch u sat by me and after school i missed the bus and u let me ride in a limo with u

11. A B

I think you are so pretty, talented, and nice I love you selina Gomemez I had a dream about you that you came and picked me up from school and we hung out all day. I really want to meet you. I want to meet you so bad.
    Your fan A B

12. pinkicecream52

no ofense but if u wanna date “Justin Biber ” which i wouldn’t want to but if u wanna date him u probley hav to b a a person he knows a lot, or a famoous celebirty no ofense tho just saying :)

13. pinkicecream52

If i had to play two parts i would be all ike omg two parts and really nervous espically if its going to be in theaters but GREAT! MOVIE!

14. AQUADOG249

I THINK SELENA IS SO AWSOME. I WANT TO BE JUST LIKE HER.I WISH SHE HAD A LITTLE SISTER AND I WAS HER SISTER.I WANT TO ACT AND SING.I LOVE SELENA GOMEZ:)
    p.s. IF YOUR READING THIS SELENA I HOPE YOU READ YOUR FAN MAIL.:)

15. Best Singer In The World

I know my username is this but Selena Actually is!!Selena Gomez is so nice,positive,incouraging,confident and so many more!!!The movie was the best by the way!!I LOVE YOU SELENA!!!

16. cristal&emily

sup selena im a fan my cousin and i are a big fan of you, we spent all day looking at your pictures we love you so much.

17. tori

You are so beautiful you are the best singer ever and my favorite music videos are tell me something i dont know and a big favorite who says!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. blueeyes178

i really really want to see it i havent yet but i think me and my mom are going to go see it really really soon i hope well ttyl luv ya!!!!!!!<3

19. Fightingguitar3

I think selenas movie is going to be ausome + I think selena is very pretty and that justinbieber better be good to her.

20. cookie love turky

oh wow i wish i was the one interviewing Selenas Biggest fan I wish i Could meet her it would make me soo happy!!

21. boldbutterfly5

On one hand I love Selena Gomez and I thought that she was the perfect person for this movie. This is a great movie for mother daughter time and it really reminds you that you that you should never take anything or anyone for granted.This movie will make you cry, laugh and tell whoever you are with I love you.Watching this movie with my mother was a great experience and I know that it will be the same for everyone else.

22. Onyxfairy5

can’t wait sounds interesting i really luved the princess protection program and demi lovato is a great actress 2!

23. Sophie

Wow selena you are a great inspiration thank you for not giving even now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Megyn

Omg, I saw that movie! It was so adorable! Everyone in that movie was an extremely talented actor :) And btw guys, Im kinda new here… um how do you make friends? Srry must seem a little foolish to ask that…

25. b

i love you selena gomez you are so pretty your one of my favorite stars! Do you know what i have a band! I hope i will be famous like you one day!

26. artbutterfly88

I love Selana Gomez but i want to see the movie that she is in with the other two girls! at least i’m not the only one who doesn’t know the two girls name!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. Cinderellacleanersfan2327

I was one of the first person to watch this movie in the movie theater with my friend. I came out NOT disaponited, but amazed and happy!This movie was one of the best!Plus I am a TOTAL fan of Selena Gomez!

28. dragonflyaqua12

I wanted to see Monte Carlo because I heard it was a good movie! I wonder what movie she will be in next?

29. castlecheerfal89

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow i encoarege u selena keep making music live ur dream and keep on writing books just dont stop wat ur doing and keep up the good work

30. julia

omg! i wanted to see this movie so much i love selena and i can’t wait to see her movie!will somone tell me about it please blog!

31. Amanda

It’s crazy that she wasn’t popular when she was in middle school, because everyone assumes all the big stars were popular in school.

32. Waterskiing

I LOVE Selena Gomez! I have to be her biggest fan ever! I know all her songs watch Wizards of Waverly Place and posters are all over my wall! I love Selena!!!!! I wish she was my sister, and I am such a huge fan it’s bigger than numbers!!!!! I wish Selena could see these posts!!!Oh, I almost forgot! She has the cutest clothes! I love you, Selena!!!!!

33. redchihuahua33

I’ve always wanted to talk to Selena Gomez directly. I’ve haven’t seen Monte Carlo before, but I’m sure it’s a great movie.

34. Robyn

Selena is just like us, except for shes famous for writing songs that I don’t like. I think she is a better actress.

35. catkitten73

i want to see the movie but i didn’t get to but the previews look amazing i wonder what the princess thought in the movie but it sounds like a good movie

36. Taffy

This was amazing . I saw it the first week it came out with my mom . It was romantic and funny . A romantic comedy that everyone in the family should see .

37. athenaamber12

I so want to see the movie Hey everyone send me a shout out if you think SELENA IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

38. purplecheery29

I really want to c it my mom won’t take me though !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. crystal

i have not seen the movie yet .i hope iget to see it .you are very pretty!!!!happy B DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!i have seen the commercials and i love it!!!!!ihope you have a great birthday!!!ps.if you know chyna anne mclain,tell her that i said hello!!!

40. awesomemonkey5

this in’t about Monte Carlo, but Selena did good with the shake it up theme song! omg, its the best song EVER!

41. athenaamber12

Sel is the best but you girls should read Tiger beat mags they tell all ab out The movie and JB and Sel gosh I cant belive there toget het will they last…..?!?!…GO SELENA

42. athenaamber12

WoW! I can not wait to see the movie selena is great for the texan girl but she sid it took a while for the prinsess I mean she is great!!! :) :) :) :) :) ;)

43. confidentathena11

sleena gomez is a very good singer and actor she really puts the efort into thoose things i really injoy watching her shows and listening to her music!!

44. breakingbird53

i like selena’s music but i don’t like one of the shows she’s on. it’s called prank stars. she says her fans mean everyhing to her and then she just goes and messes them up.

45. BLACKDAWN20

I luv Selena Gomez she is awesome. I also luv her new song “luv you like a luv song” OMG OMG OMG

46. PinkPanther73

Iw ish i could be a princess. telling people what to do and when to do it. i really want to see it.

47. cupidwitch1

I love Selena Gomez and I love her show Wizards of Waverly place and I can’t wait to see Monte carlo.

48. PinkPanther73

i really want to see the new Selena movie. i would think from the commersals that you would look alike to yourself. well hopefully. didnt see it yell but i really want to. most of my freinds cant wait ti see it to. i really wish i could meet Selena in person but not like on prank stars. most people love being pranked on that show but i dont i only like to see and know who it is irst before going and singing a song, dancing, and even wearing a bubble gum outfit. cant wait to see the ovie and bring ont he prank stars.

49. chattyaqua25

haven’t seen the movie……. i want to though……. will someone be my friend???? its chattyaqua25… thanks!!!!!!!!

50. anika

Well selena gomez has a great personality i could say that and yeah who cares if she wasn’t a popular kid in middle school some of us are not popular at all, and it matter how the person is how is her personality but i will say selena gomez is the first and the best pop star i know wht ever she does she just rocks it and any way selena u’re always my favorite and u’re always gonna be

51. cashcupcake2

Did u kno tha Selena Gomez is opsessed wid Bruno Mars.??? Could Selena be realy in love wid ANOTHER SINGER???? no she wont be. Jelena is in luv wid Justin Bieber.!! I LOVE U JUSTIN & SELENA BIEBER!!!! u guyz r the cutest couple EVER!!!!!!!:)

52. cashcupcake2

did u kno that the song “Who says” is in the movie Monte Carlo?? its my fav sonq Selena. Selena u write awsome songs in the whole world. i cant wait for da next song from u SELENA GOMEZ!!!!!!:)

53. dragoncoffee1

even though i haven’t seen the movie it seems to turn out pretty awesome and crazy because selena has to be 2 characters

54. Cameron

omg selena gomez is so pretty and a gr8 actor and singer ive sen the comercial and it seems prettty cool so i cant wait 2 c it

55. xoxogossipgirl..

this movie sounds really cool and am thrilled to watch this in theatres!Selena Gomez is such a good actress considering i watched her movies:princess protection program,wizarda of waverly place the movie,ramona and beezus and her show wizarda of waverly place! oh i cannot wait to watch monte carlo…tootles

56. giniypoo

wow i think that monte carlo would be stupid but selena is so pretty im mad cause she’s so prettyful but she look’s like she would be a nice preson a really nice person but i think that her and justin shouldn’t ever split like a banana split just kidding that look made for each other in a good way!lolz!

57. isabelle

I know that Selena Gomez is going to be two people in the movie Monte Carlo and i think that will make the movie even better. I really want to see the movie now that i know a little about it!

58. selena

i want your autograhp and ilove your new song whosays are you stillwith jb i’m your biggset fan your new moive is awsome and great

59. jillian

wow selena your 19 your so grown up i mean all ur dreams have came true ur dating justin bieber im a little upset but thats ok im only 10 almost 11 u guys look so cute together and im happy for u guys hope u guys get along.

60. yellowearly1

Selena rocks! I cant wait to see the movie! I really want to see it because she is in it! Yay for Selena!

61. Yul5

I can’t wait to see Monte Carlo! I know Selena Gomez will do great in the movie. And I think Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are a good match!!! :) <3

62. cutie3500

Selena Gomez is one of my role models. She is so nice and is hilarious in aything in anything she stars in.

63. Shannon

OMG i luv this movie. Im really happy for Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber on there summer tours and on the new couple. They both rock and they r both my heros

64. flossie123

I want to see this movie so bad! I love Selena Gomez in everything she plays in. Selena- You are such a good role model for kids!

65. heartpink11

omg..i so wanted to watch dis movie anyways how did you like play two characters? must have been difficult…

66. mouthmemie

Selena Gomez is the best singer and movie actress.She deserved to play two people in the new movie.I can’t wait to watch Monte Carlo.<3 :)

67. aquadolphin311

I saw the commercial its so funny and i like the song they play. I hope its a good movie because i want to see it.

68. Andrea

This movie sounds so interesting! I love Selena Gomez, I think she did a great job in this movie too!

69. Caylie0519

love it soooo want to see monte carlo and selena gomez is my fav. star hope she keeps it up oh and happy birthday selena from my sister and I ;)

70. Yul5

I am so going to watch this movie because Selena Gomez is my favorite singer, movie actress, and is a good choice maker. Also I think Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez are a perfect match!!! :) <3

71. paco.haley

She was 17 when this was filmed??? Wow! But it makes sense, because I think I remember her saying that she recorded some of the tracks for the A Year Without Rain album in Budapest.
    Oh, and HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY SELENA!!!

72. 8wildnreckless

I am really excited to see your new movie! I do get picked on a little bit, so I’ll think of your story! ;)

73. Cheerfulheart15

Oh, That’s a great interview! I can’t wait to see Monte Carlo! Hopefully I will soon! Thanks for posting the interview!