July 1, 2011

China Anne McClain A.N.T. Farm

Posted by at 1:57 am in Celebrities | Permalink

ANTfarm1_2 Do you watch A.N.T. Farm, Friday nights on Disney Channel? It revolves around Chyna Parks, an 11-year-old musical prodigy who attends a high school as part of the prestigious A.N.T. (Advanced Natural Talents) program. She, along with her fellow A.N.T.s, Olive (played by Sierra McCormick) and Fletcher (played by Jake Short), must find their place and make the most of their high school experience. Chyna takes reign to convince Olive and Fletcher that they can fit in, despite their age, as long as they take advantage of every opportunity that comes their way. She encourages them to try out for things like the cheerleading squad and school musical, and she even drags them to a high school house party. Meanwhile, Lexi (played by Stefanie Scott), a popular high schooler, doesn’t appreciate this new competition and tries to sabotage Chyna’s chances to outshine her.

We got to talk to the 12-year-old actress who plays Chyna. Coincidentally, her real name is China Anne McClain! Read on to find out what she has to say. . .

Q: What is A.N.T. Farm about?
China: It is about an organization at a high school called the A.N.T. program. That stands for Advanced Natural Talents and everybody in this program is very gifted in whatever it is. . . mathematics, art. . . I play a musical prodigy, and all of the kids in this program are very young, like 11 or 12, and they are in high school. And the high schoolers do not want them there. They feel like they are ruining everything about high school. My character, Chyna Parks, doesn’t really care. She just wants to make the most of her high school experience. But it’s hard sometimes.

Q: How could you relate to your character? ANTFarm2
China: Just the whole going to school and trying to fit in thing. The first day of school. . . that feeling that you have. “I hope people are going to like me.” Because the first day of school is pretty much make it or break it. But it’s cool. Everyone pretty much thinks she’s adorable after she makes her big impression on people.

Q: What grade are you in now?
China: I am in the seventh grade. But I am homeschooled. I got homeschooled in the fourth grade and have been doing it ever since. It’s working out well. It’s way more convenient than going to regular school!

Q: What is your favorite subject?
China: Definitely Language Arts. Math — not my strong point!

ANT Farm3Q: What about music?
China: I play guitar, bass, piano, and I am learning the violin right now. I get to play actually way more on the show: trumpet, French horn, drums and the harmonica. It’s really fun because she gets to play like 13 different instruments. Actually, that’s my goal. By the end of the show, I am hoping to know all of these instruments.

Q: How did you get into acting?
China: My first audition — I was six. Half my age now! Six long years ago. It was weird because I didn’t even know that I wanted to act, but it was at first just singing because my dad is a music producer. But one of his friends told me about this audition for a girl my age who could sing and act. I didn’t know that I could act. So I went in there and I guess they liked me because I booked it! I winged it!

Q: Have you done the album yet for A.N.T. Farm?
China: We are working on it right now. We haven’t finished it but we’re working on it and it’s going great so far. It will be Pop music pretty much. That’s the A.N.T. Farm side of it. But I just got a record deal with my two older sisters, and that’s pretty much pop/R&B. I am the baby girl. One of them just turned 17 and the other is 14. But we are so close. We love each other so much. Then we actually have a baby brother who just turned 10!

Q: Who are your role models?
China: Selena [Gomez] is my role model so far, because she is just the best. She is the best person, and I worked with her for two weeks on Wizards of Waverley Place. She was always so nice from the get go. She has just been a great role model. You haven’t heard anything about her in the press or anything like that. I just love her! Besides Selena, I just got to meet Bridgit Mendler doing the Disney Channel Friends for Change games. That was so much fun because we were on the same team so we got to do a lot of stuff together, work together. And it is really fun because I love Bridgit. She’s just a sweet person.

Q: Any embarrassing moments?
China: On set, I was saying a line or something and I was supposed to walk out of the room at the end. And I walked out and I tripped over something and fell on my face! It was so embarrassing! Thank goodness there was not an audience, but it was embarrassing and everybody started laughing. It was funny.

Tee hee. I hate to laugh, but that is pretty embarrassing. Let us know what you think of China and A.N.T. Farm in the Comments.

Interview by Gerri Miller
Photos courtesy of Disney Channel

1. Johnd242

You must indulge in a contest for among the greatest blogs over the internet. Ill suggest this web website! deeecbgebgae

2. kayla

I can relate to China in the show because in my school ( I’m in the 6 th grade) we have an creative enrichment program and we all have like special talents. Its pretty cool. oh and I play the French horn I hope u learn it because its really cool

3. stephendisneyfan

Its amazing when olive is some kind of a geeky person and u always get someone like lexi in it I watch your shows every day wowwww!!!!!!!

4. aquacastle132

I love China Mclain’s songs on AntFarm! I like the song,”Unstoppable” and “Calling all the monsters”. China is my favorite singer on, Disney channel. I wish I could meet her.

5. happypupy112

you chyna are my hero i love your voice i would love to know evrey instrament you play i barley even know the names BTW i love your shows
    your my hero -LIVE LOVE LAUGH_CHYNA IS MY HERO!!!!!!!TELL THE WHOLE WORLD IF YOU NEED TO SHES MY HERO

6. genster

china i think ur pretty cool and that ur very talented u r great at the guitar well my nickname is the genster i thought id just say that because my cousin told me too from the genster

7. ballarina

do you lesson to jls,rap,and cool songs. i love jls once he
    send it one of his new song called proud.

8. ballarina

Hello china iam really suprised about your music some times I USE it to make songs. I also play guitar, violin,piano,flute,and iam learning how to play drams. Bye china

9. samantha

i love u china i love your show you are my favorite character. i love your voice too. i am 12 and am going into 7th grade. i love to go online to disney channel and watch your videos and play the games. and the game inner ant i am more musical like you and i know how to play the flute

10. joshua

china I love you and I think your hair is pretty and you face is beautiful and the way you dress I just love it and your my role model and I wish I could meet you.

11. keirra

HI CHINA I LOV YOUR SONGS AND I WILL LOV TO SING WITH U. I AM 11 YEARS AND I WILL LOV TO SING WITH YOU SEND SOMETHING BACK SOON PLEAS!!!

12. annonyomous

I LUV CHINA ANNE MCCLAIN I ALWAYS WATCH ANT FARM! YOU ARE SO AWESOME! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE IN A TV SHOW AND ACT JUST LIKE YOU! YOU ARE MY BIGGEST ROLE MODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Ania

well what I want to say is china you are a butiful girl you can sing and act I also do the same thing and your an tripple threat and im not the best at math either and I didnt know that you were 12 i am to well keep up the good work!!!! :)

14. SugerAngle

Hi,Um Hello Yea.. I would just like to ask if I could meet china anne miclain if i can get a picture of her :P Please :D Please D: Btw i LOVE!! YOUR SHOW ITS SOOOOO AWSHUM I LOVE THE WHOLE CAST tell every 1 i said hiii xD Buh Baiiii <3

15. Moses

I think China Mclain is the
    most talented actress i have
    ever seen!.And i am not saying that because i have a
    crush on her.But because i know that she is growing up to be a great and talented woman

16. Me

You are so beautiful! I’m a big fan of you and your show! It has always been my dream to be on Disney channel, and hopefully meet you to! I love how great of an actor you are, you have the best facial expressions! Btw I’m 12.

17. dakota

China anne mcclain,you are beautiful,talented,smart,good singer,good actor, me and you have alot of thing’s in common we both sing awsome, dress trendy and a lot more i love A.N.T. farm it’s the best show ever and i i would not be watching disney channel if you were not on it i love you so much china anne mcclain from:you’re biggest fan dakota to:my inspiration china anne mcclain!!!

18. taliyah

hey my name is taliyah and if disneychannel is looking for a 11 year old girl tell them i’ll be waiting for a big part in aknew show iwant to be just like you i can dance,sing and act by the way a you rock to china anne mcclain

19. M

I think every time I see her on T.V.I get nervous because what if I really did get to see her because I really like her.she is talented like me and she is beutiful.

20. taliyah

this is taliyah and if you looking for talent 11yearold girl i’m always waiting for audition’s for disneychannel knew show i can sing dance and act

21. kiade

i love ant farn cast i think, that was the most intersting show to watch also its for children.so i give you a gold star

22. sindy

i love your show well i do acting modeling play volin viola chello and a little bit of guitar and well write me back if you need anything or like if you want me to be on the show tehe well im 11 years old in the sixth grade

23. Justin

China’s very pretty, musical,smart,and awesome. Not to mention all the other things I like about her . Wow if only I was one more year older………

24. Kenniyah

The A.N.T Farm is my fav. disney channel show every time it comes on i turn to it. i love china ane mclain i wacthed her on tyler perry house of panye to

25. chyna

hey china how old r u now my name is chyna kind of simular to urs but mind is without the i.well i hope we meet sum day in life :D

26. jacob

Disney is my favorite Channel and I love A.N.T farm. I play the Aqustic guitar and im 11. I love music it just moves me and I saw salena gomez in concert a few weeks ago. Injoy the rest of the summer and have wonderfull cristmas.

27. Lavenderblue4

I love China Anne Mclain! i hope she’ll have a good life that is going to reach her soon. She’ll always be my roll-model!

28. ARCADCAKE4

ANT FARM IS THE BEST SHOW ON EARTH I WANT TO BE LIKE CHINA ON TV AND SING LIKE HER SHE ACTS TO MUCH AND IT IS AWSOME AND COOL SHE HAS THE BEST TALENT IN THE WORLD IS HAS FUN TIMS SHE IS PRETTY I LIKE HER HAIR IN A PONYTAIL SHE IS FUNNY LOL BE MY FRIEND ON ARCADCAKE4 THANK U COME AIGAN

29. jadedragon49

China, you are an AMAZING singer! In the car, every time I hear you singing “Dynamite”, I can’t help but sing along! It would be soo cool to bwe an A.N.T.

30. Jordan

I think you were great on your first music video dynamite.Also I wish you can come to my house and do a privet concert.

31. flawlees01

china you go girl i love your swagg in your singing rocks someday i wish i could be like you a disney channel star

32. hanan

A.N.T farm AWSOME china, olive, fleture, i want 2 c the 1 when china has a crush on a robot?! haha it seems good

33. dancingsinging11

I LIKE ANT FARM!IT IS SO FUNNY.WE’VE SO MUCH IN COMMON EXCEPT I ACTUALLY GOT TO SKIP MIDDLE SCHOOL IN REAL LIFE AND I AM 14 AND HOMESCHOOLED!!!LOL

34. mia hamm fan 10

I LUV A.N.T F.A.R.M it is so cool its my favorite show on diseny. SHE and i sing just ALIKE i LUV you China

35. dancprincess

I love A.N.T farm!!! Its one of my favorite shows now. It really funny and when I’m sick I watch it mostly!

36. brainsurgeon12

i like A.N.T Farm. Fletcher is my fav bcause he is an artistic genious & i try 2 draw but it doesnt’t turn out 2 good. so now i’ve sorta turned 2 trying Abstract. I think i’ve had some good ideas an hopefully i will think of more!!! All of the other cast members r aresome 2!!! :)

37. cameron

i dont get how someone so young could be so talented …its an inspiration 2 me i wish i was so talented but i always will try 2 be i can sing and play the flute and i really want 2 cheerleade i even played the viola wich is a smaller vezion i meeen bigger verzion of the violin go chyna ann mcclian and all the other wonderful young talented artists and 1 other thing before i end thids blog or post why r cheerleaders always so mean in movies and tv shows because they really arent like all my friends r cheerleaders and i love them all of friends of corse but the cheerleaders i know r not mean…peace

38. madison

heyyyyyy China you are the best i would love too meet you some people say i act and can sometimes look like you, you are my role model and i am your number 1 fan and i hope u read this message because everytime A.N.T. Farm comes on i resite all the words you say you might think its wierd but thats what i do and i would love too meet your sisters u did great in daddys little girls

39. Jazzy

Hey China I hope you get this I’m in the gifted program too it just like the ant program for smart people I use to watch Tyler Perry house of payne and you played Jasmine I thought you were eleven in real but now I know you 12 I’m ten I really want to be like you:)

40. PinkPanther73

I think “A.N.T. Farm” is a good t.v show but you need to make more shows for people to see. But other than that i am a HUGE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. aproditefairy19

i do not wacth the show becuse my mom and dad thinks it is stupid but i love her she is a nice person

42. anika

well we have a comment she loves selena gomez and i do to and china is a great person and she is really sweet and she has good peronality

43. dede

i love it on disney channel it is like my FIRST favorite channel or show i wish i was her for a day!!!! dont u?

44. cookingsoccer2

china is a great singer and i will like to ask is their anyone in her family who inspires her i wish i could meet china she’s really funny to,my sister and i sing to we’ve made a couple of songs already i am also 12 and im going to 7th grade and i love language arts to i also love to read and write alot china ur really lucky to have a family who loves you and such beutiful talent and ur famous people love u and some even look up to u all have to say is that ur amazing and keep it up!!!

45. Doodleberrypie

I like ant farm it’s so awesome and i think it’s funny in the episode when they hang out with their guidance counselor that they call a “man-child”.

46. bluebrownie

i used to watch her on Tyler Perry house of Payne. Watching her move up like that is awesome. She makes me fell like I can go through anything and still make it. I just hope to become famous one day. Thanks China Anne Mcclain.

47. EmeraldArt23

I love A.N.T. Farm it is my favorite show on disney channel. My favorite Character is Chyna because she is always positive about everything even when things go wrong.

48. volleyballblue10

i love ant farm its awesome but i like my babysitter is a vampire because it is funny and because sarah is excited and the new kid in ant farm is cute!!!!!!!!! $

49. Grace

Hi I’m 27 and I have 5 girls. I’ve been divored after having my oldest duathger. She’s turning 11 and I need her to like school and have fun but she won’t let me help her. When I found thbis site I saw it helped her improve and now school is her favorite thing! My other four girls have found this site fun aswell! I now have three well schooled girls!

50. Dallis

Chyna is very unique and talented to be going to high school when shes only 12 years old.I just think that she will be the next raven on disney channel because Chyna is trying her best to fit in with disney channel and make huge differences in litte kids lifes.

51. purplegymnast

Cool! I don’t watch many shows on disney but this is 1! So talented! Go Disney! I also can’t wait for the new shake it up movie! And Lemonade Mouth 2!!!!! And Frenemies! Starring Bella Thorne and Zendaya!!!

52. Alexis

I’m going to 7th grade too. I remember China was in House of Payne, and Daddy’s Girls. She’s A really good Actress.

53. Luckybanana10

Chyna is my inspiration she is awesome cool and talented and I hope she keeps it up she is doing a good job and also I want her to know that I believe in her

54. brooke

i love the show A.N.T Farm on Disney Channel! It is my favorite show other than Good Luck Charlie.
    Chyna: You are SOOOOO talented. I bet that it is very hard to learn how to play all those instruments on A.N.T Farm

55. Katlyn

hi Chyna I have seen all of the A.N.T Farm episodes. My role modles are Selena Gomez,Kate Middleton and you! Me and my mom think your show is halarios. My favorite character is you and my moms is Olive.

56. alexis

i luv china’s outfits and olive she’s so smart and funny or SMUNNY (a combination of smart and funny!!!)

57. jumpingsleeper1

If you were Chyna, how would you feel being an 11-year old in a high school? I would feel totally lost. It’s a good thing Chyna has friends to help her..

58. percy and harry fan

Not to be mean or offensive, but I don’t care for the show at all! Disney Channel comes up with the worst concepts.

59. Leyah

i luv china dis is my se fav show on disney channel i luv dis how did yhu get to be a a.n.t i wish i was a a.n.t

60. Abby

A.N.T. farm is my favorite—————————————————————————————–TV show

61. browniecandy14

ps i love a.n.t farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…

62. funkysarah0223

i really like ant farm ever since hannah montana quit i never expected that but i found another show ant farm!!!

63. jadedragon49

Olive was on Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?! I just remembered! Sierra McCormick? I really like Ant Farm, and I love China’s version of Dynamite! My brother and I love to sing it everywhere we go!

64. la'dedria

i just wont to say to you that im your biggest fan and i loue ant farm keep up the good work and tell felthcer i said i love him he is so funny can you say my name on disney chanel that would be cool write back la’dedria

65. lilmissyvampire

i love her i have seen her act on some big showes like wizards of wavarly place and jonas ah has got a big carrire ahead of her

66. Unicorn Cheese 3

It is an “ok” show, kinda like all of the other disney channel shows, it has alot of the same storys from like shake it up and hannah montanna, Remember how fast thoose shows went out?!?!?!?! the same thing will probably happen

67. BREAKINGBROWNIE5

I watch that show a lot she seems down to earth and committed to acting. She has a great voice.

68. pinkbrownie59

I love A.N.T Farm so much!!!! Chyna is such a good singer! Chyna, YOU are my role model along with Selena and Bridget!

69. beepink37

i love ant farm.china is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so cute.

70. sarah199

I’ve seen china on a lot of shows like wizards of waverly place and daddys little girls. She was so cute!!!!!!!!!!!

71. ann773

my favrite part on is ant farm when olive goes u scared me loker
    i l to the o to the v to the e whech speells love and in love i mean i love u show
    so nice talkin to you
    love ur BEST fann an777

72. SilverFairy1

i wonder wear i could get her clothes cause, their cute AND MODEST!!!!!!!!! some stuff that is RLY RLY hard to find these days!!!!!!

73. pinkpanda47

I love ant farm!!! China and all her friends are so brave to go to high school at the age of 11!!! I could never do that!!!

74. lisa

Selena Gomez is MY role model,i luv A.N.T farm its so funny and i love to act and sing hopefully one day i would act or sing or both on a show just like china :)

75. happyfrost6

I love your show.It’s my favorite show on Disney Channel.Also nice job on Wizards of Waverley Place.

76. StarMagic

Hi! I can’t miss any A.N.T. Farm episodes. The show is one of my favorites. Happy Summer! : )

77. astronautsnake2

OMG! I love A.N.T. Farm! When I first saw Chyna on Wizards of Waverly Place I thought she was a pretty good actor. Once I saw the preview for A.N.T. Farm, I thought the show was FANTASTIC! I also saw Chyna in one of my favorite movies, Grownups.
    Keep up the good work Chyna!

78. gigglydolphin31

i have only seen the first episode too b ut the second one is supposed to be even better then the first
    did u guysher her sinhing and her guitar plaaying guitar!!!
    i wish i was ecactly like china!!!!
    P.S. who likes china?

79. Callie

I love ant farm !! I looked up every movie and show she had been in and it turns out I’ve seen her in all her shows and movies but 1.

80. Lemonade101

Oh I’ve only seen 1 episode but I loved that eoisode. It was called ParticipANTs! It’s a funny show that lots of kids would love(I think)!

81. azurewords1

hi i LOVVVEEE this show and i was wondering if you could put her on a chat so she could maybe chat with us is that ok?
    Azurewords1

82. percyj99

Oh my gosh!!!
    I’m in the seventh grade, and have been homeschooling since fourth grade, too!
    P.S. A.N.T. Farm is really good! I like it a lot.

83. angelbreeze6

I think shes an alright actress.i mean i am not hating on her its just that the show isn’t really five star quality but that’s just my opinion. :)

84. Erica

chyna is in 7th grade thought she was going to 6th grade but she is a good she was also in house of pain.

85. Andrea

The show sounds interesting! Too bad I don’t have Disney Channel. If I did, I’d definaately watch it!

86. dakota

how about doing a live video in the next month @ 6:00 thats a time i hoping will be good for me to be there or @ 6:30 does one of those times work for you and China Anne M????

87. cupcakeandicecream

I love A.N.T. Farm! The show is funny and I love the character Chyna played by China! That is funny too!

88. Topazstorm3

A.N.T. farm is my favorite show on Disney Channel!!!!
    China Anne McClain is my favorite chariter!!

89. greendolphin35

I like her and hope she can have as good as a career as her role models! That was interesting stuff we heard about her! Selena Gomez is my role model, too!