June 20, 2011

Writing Prompt: Virtual Yearbook

Posted by at 1:59 am in Summer, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_generic Now that the school year is over, and summer vacation is here, today's Writing Prompt is a perfect time to reflect on the school year gone by. (Do I sound like a yearbook editor?!) Maybe you made your first best friend, took a special trip, won an award in school, or made it to the championships with a sports team. Or maybe you had your first crush, got a pet, did volunteer work, or won a hot dog eating contest!

Is there any one thing that happened this year that you will remember for the rest of your life? Or maybe something you are super proud of? Something that made you learn a lot, or cry, or feel on top of the world?

Let us know in the Comments below, and we'll try to collect the most comments we can to create a virtual yearbook. Then you can scroll through, and see what other kids found most memorable from this school year. Let's see how many we can get!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Emma Kate

One thing I’ll remember is my friends. I miss them all, and we got separated because now i’m homeschooled. they keep in contact with me, but not lately anymore. They seem to have forgotten me. I already know that they have bonded closer, leaving me out. I haven’t seen any since last year. They probably won’t recognize me if I see them…

2. andrea

omg my year ended perfect. it was like i hugged every boy and girl i saw. il like thay me and my best friends walked all tthe way home. the best art was that we went home at 10 in the morning

3. Gopherchess4

4th grade was really cool I had 2 friends named Taylor and Christina even in the Summer i still keep in touch with them!I can not wait till 5th grade. :)

4. boldeagle33

I am home schooled so I get days of all the time most of the time we go to disney world. This year for my birthday we got to go. the best book I EVER read was a book called the missing manatee.

5. butterflypistachio6

2nd grade was a very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very fun year.Alot of my old friends from first grade were in different classes.In the summer reading challenge I can not believe its only the 9th week and I already 9,999 minutes.

6. FashionCupcake48

This year was the BEST year of my life!
    I miss it so much that I actually wish that it never ended!! (no kidding)
    > So first of, my friends and I tried to make a pH scale but we were unsuccessful so we named it SHLUSH!
    > We got into our very first detention for running in the corridords. (lol)
    > We directed, wrote and put together a play ourselves as a class.
    > I printed a standee of the Chuburji Gate (for our play) on flex and at the end of the year everyone signed it with a special section for the Poterheads!
    > When we were in the middle of a math test and a junior student outside shouted to her friend in Urdu “aren’t you my friend?” *breaking the silence*
    > When our class beat all the other classes in the grade six baseball matches.
    > When I got selected for the inter- house reading competition. ( and came in third)
    > When i Got a certificate for Best Overall Acedemic Student
    and
    WHEN I HAD THE BEST YEAR EVER!!!!!!! Goodbye grade 6 and have an awesome summer!

7. BubblyBookworm

~I started secondary school.
    ~I made loads of new friends.
    ~Moved up to senior choir.
    ~Sang in a national concert hall.
    ~Stayed overnight with my choir.
    ~Won two competitions there.
    ~I learned loads of HTML
    ~I went on an amazing trip with my school.
    ~I HAD AN AMAZING SCHOOL YEAR!!!!

8. greenelf73

i became a junior (girl scout) i got 2 5s on my state test which is really impreseve met some really cool friends

9. creativegoat8

This year in 7th grade me and my friend entered a poem writing contest and I think I got in second place.

10. brigadiercaring9

sorry, i have been posting a lot, but this year in my school out of everyone who ever does math olympiad i got in the top 50% and i won a badge for it. Also i got a letter saying i qualified for pre-algebra!!!

11. brigadiercaring9

one of my favorite parts of the school year was 5th grade camp. My cabin mates and counselors were awesome! one of my counselors taught a song that no one can stop singing! i wish i could go back!

12. brigadiercaring9

i was so sad because today was my last day of elementary school, but i know that i will see everyone again, but i will miss everyone so much! i hope middle school goes well!