June 20, 2011

Writing Prompt: Virtual Yearbook

Posted by at 1:59 am in Summer, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_generic Now that the school year is over, and summer vacation is here, today's Writing Prompt is a perfect time to reflect on the school year gone by. (Do I sound like a yearbook editor?!) Maybe you made your first best friend, took a special trip, won an award in school, or made it to the championships with a sports team. Or maybe you had your first crush, got a pet, did volunteer work, or won a hot dog eating contest!

Is there any one thing that happened this year that you will remember for the rest of your life? Or maybe something you are super proud of? Something that made you learn a lot, or cry, or feel on top of the world?

Let us know in the Comments below, and we'll try to collect the most comments we can to create a virtual yearbook. Then you can scroll through, and see what other kids found most memorable from this school year. Let's see how many we can get!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Anna

I survived 6th grade and am moving on to middle school! I survived the dreaded ALGEBRA and am no longer scared for middle school…

2. pigletbird

I think most memribal thing that happened this past school year was when me and my to friends were picking up garbage.Then one of my friends picked up a white fuzzy thing with bare hands”what is this”she said gestering to my hand. I told my friend what it was and she screamed and threw it in the garbage. After putting layers and layers of handsanitizer and soap on, we laughed about it from this day on we call it a”Marsmellow”
    p.s. it wasn’t really a marshmellow

3. masterbreeze8

I broke my arm. :( I got into the spelling school spelling bee. I got new friends. I moved from one state to another. I had my 3rd Feild Day. I studied the human body, as well as the Native Americans, and made a dieramma.

4. PURPLEDOLPHIN1502

I’m home schooled, so I go to co-op and get together with friends. I really liked this year. It was fun my first year of homeschooling. What I liked most is we get to do a yearbook for co-op. I think I’m going to sign my crush’s yearbook. I’m nervous.:)

5. angelbulldog25

I won first prize in a spelling bee the final word to determine if I won or not was politician I am happy

6. history23

I got a high national ranking in math league (can’t say exactly what because of privacy) and I was picked by my teachers as best student in all of my reading teacher’s classes, as well as most outstanding girl in sixth grade choir. I was also one of two sixth graders to make it into Women’s Choir after school, and I made the advanced choir for next school year. So excited for seventh grade!

7. werewolfcat5

I remembered when it was the first day in fifth grade.How I wished it would be over.And now guess what? I do NOT want to be in middle school! Be happy about what you don’t like or later you will miss it.

8. SmartyPants101

My goly gosh! The best year of school so far! Went on camp, made up with some friends, got runner-up age champion at sports carnival, went to touch trials and my team came runner-up! Can’t wait for 7th grade!

9. Gracie

Some funny things that happened in 5th grade (my last year *sniff*) was the whole 5th grade goes on a overnight camp. And while we were canoeing, SOMEBODY (you know who you are!) spashed water on my bottom! And we had to have a slow dance at camp too. It was funny! Most guys and girls ran to “Use the bathroom” or “Get a drink of water” (me being one of them). My (used to be) friend ended up dancing with my mortal enemy. And most girls and ALL guys plugged their ears and groaned when Justin Beiber came on (me including).

10. purplebutterfly355

i miss my classmates so much! i also do not even get to see them next year because i am gonig to a different school sadly :( but i wanna go camping with my bffb (best friend forever beyond) and we could tell ghost stories, roast marshmellows (TOTALLY!), swim by the ocean and more! its gonna be so fun me and my family might camp wih my bff and other peeps so ya :)

11. Onyxfairy5

1. my 6th grade Graduation
    2. I started liking KPOP
    3. sad to see all my friends go
    4. I regret not getting signatures fron everyone
    5. I can still saty in touch with mah peeps!

12. Sadie

The only good thing that happened this year was my bff told my secret crush I liked him. The good part is he liked me back!!!!!

13. kaykay112

Well I really enjoyed my first year of middle school. I found out it is much easyier to be friends with guys, but I have a lot of friends(boys and girls). I skipped a grade of math and I feel very proud of myself for making it through the year with good grades in that class… Next year I’ll be in 7th grade so my math level goes up to 8th grade algebra. So I’m very proud of that. Great memories to cherish this year.

14. alywrites

I started high school! So only three more years of school…!!!
    Also, I managed really good grades! I also made a ton of new friends, and I am totally excited for the next year! …save for math. XD