June 20, 2011

Writing Prompt: Virtual Yearbook

Posted by at 1:59 am in Summer, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_generic Now that the school year is over, and summer vacation is here, today's Writing Prompt is a perfect time to reflect on the school year gone by. (Do I sound like a yearbook editor?!) Maybe you made your first best friend, took a special trip, won an award in school, or made it to the championships with a sports team. Or maybe you had your first crush, got a pet, did volunteer work, or won a hot dog eating contest!

Is there any one thing that happened this year that you will remember for the rest of your life? Or maybe something you are super proud of? Something that made you learn a lot, or cry, or feel on top of the world?

Let us know in the Comments below, and we'll try to collect the most comments we can to create a virtual yearbook. Then you can scroll through, and see what other kids found most memorable from this school year. Let's see how many we can get!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. redwolf31

i survived sixth grade without my elementary school friends (they went to a different school) and done mock trial and newspaper

2. Surfrockgirl

I played Prospera in The Tempest, which we did for our school. The costumes and set were amazing! I’ll always remember it!

3. Ember

4th grade was a fun year. I made my first best friend named Jessica. She was in battle of books and won 2nd place out of EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the archdioseice. I can’t wait for 5th grade!

4. Lily Luna :)

… I have part of a song… “Don’t wanna see you go, but it’s not forever, not forever/ And even if it was you know that I would never let it get me down/ Cause you’re the part of me that makes me better, wherever I go/ So I will try, not to cry, but we don’t have to say goodbye!”- A Very Potter Sequel, “Days of Summer” … it’s not a memory, and really the whole song works, but I like it :)

5. launchingkey3

this year i accomplished many things. The one i will remember most is getting straught a’s all yeatr. this was very hard to do but in the end i know it will pay off. Another major accomplishment is getting first place in the science fair. At school we hav a science fir and i got first place. The school then asked me to go to county which i did and i got third place. This took alot of time and dedication and it really paid off

6. paco.haley

My gosh, of course.
    This year, I had the best class ever. We were so close and ended up like one big family.
    I have so many amazing memories. This one kid had his own anthem. You know the song “Magic”, which was covered by Selena Gomez? Well, he ALWAYS used to go, “Oh,oh,oh it’s ADRIK!”.
    Another time, I swore that Disney Channel was spying on us (I still claim that! Mason’s dad in the Navy? NOT A COINCIDENCE!).
    This year, a guy told me he liked me. That was a really awkward part, and it messed up our friendship.
    We had a 5th Grade graduation, where our class almost did a flash-mob, before the DJ found out and terminated the plans.
    5th Grade was definitely the best year so far. I could write more, but it’d be the length of a book. My class was so amazing and I couldn’t have asked for a better one.

7. justaprincess

I performed for the first time in a talent show. My whole class danced to I like to move it, move it! Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. dancingdolphin36

Well… This year was a really big year for me. My teacher got a grant and received a class set of iPod touches that we used for education throughout the year and it was just really fun!!!

9. Ellie

I made lots of new friends this year that i didnt know before i moved into a new school for 6th grade. Being in a different school and new people made me realize how many friends you can have and that you dont need to limit yourself to just a couple. :)

10. legendarySong

I finally made truly great friends whom I really trust, and that feels better than anything else.

11. Uglybookworm

When my classmate showed a picture to the whole class of what happened if you had no boens or skull.

12. Caylie0519

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my faverie year so far !!!
    first year for saftey patrol, awesome teacher and classmates!!!!!!!!
    I hope I enjoy 5th grade. :) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):))::):):):)

13. camryn

well i was in battle of the books for the first time and it was a greate 3rd grade experiance and im gona do it again in 4th grade

14. ladysquecky13

My best friend kinda stoped hanging out with me for a couple of months.
    I got my first crush
    I fell in love with the band Panic! at the disoc
    I got to see the midnight showing of Harry potter 7 part 1 on a school night

15. llamas11

this year was my last year of elementary school!i was so sad to see all of my teachers go but i’ll go back and visit them!<3

16. chattytoes3

Well, I had my first EOG. For those who don’t know what a EOG is, it is a BIG test. It stands for End Of Grade test. I got 4′s! (YAY ME)I found my favorite teacher. And met new people that I REALLY LIKE!, like Tori, Jackie and Holly! (And Joe(smile))

17. owlgirl

This year we had our fifth grade graduation. It was super sad because I am going to a different middle school than the rest of my buddies. But it was also happy because it means I AM GOING TO MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! I am so excited( obviously).

18. SophieGrocks

I had a luau at school and the teachers went up on stage and danced the hula!My best friend Emma and I laughed so hard!

19. Amberwolf1

We got a cute little pomeranian puppy!!! She grew up so fast ’cause this month she turned 1-year-old!
    ~Amberwolf1

20. moneymoneymoney

i was standing in a art room. the girl scouts lined up. it was our cermonie. first we did the pleadge. then we went up 1 at a time and said a line of the law.i was third. i said my line and took a candle. i was grauted.

21. lavendersoftball2

I won second place in a competition through-out my school district. We won second place out of 13 other schools!