Trivia Tuesday: Kids' Summer Blockbusters
Aaah. . . the smell of popcorn. Escaping the summer heat for a cool, dark, air-conditioned theater. Few things are better in the summer than seeing a movie. And with all the summer blockbusters coming up, we thought we'd get you in the mood with some movie trivia. Can you guess the name of these movies hitting theaters this summer? Lights, camera, action!
- This movie follows Professor X and Magneto when they were young themselves, discovering their powers for the first time, and opening a school for mutants.
- Based on the bestselling book series by Megan McDonald, this movie features Judy and her little brother Stink. She is on a quest to have the most awesome summer vacation ever.
- This freaky movie about a group of kids making their own movie looks like it could scare your pants off. It was made by the superstar team of Steven Spielberg (E.T., Men in Black, and about a billion other cool movies) and J.J. Abrams (Lost).
- This movie stars Jim Carrey and a bunch of penguins. Enough said.
- Based on a DC Comic, and not to be confused with the The Green Hornet, this movie is a mixture of karate and sci-fi alien adventure. Stars Ryan Reynolds.
- This Disney/Pixar movie starring Lightning McQueen zooms into theaters on June 24th.
- This sure-to-be blockbuster begins when the Autobots hear about a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and learn its secrets.
- Can animals really talk? At this zoo they can. They help one lonely zookeeper (played by Kevin James) with tips on how to get the girl of his dreams.
- Harry needs to find the final horcruxes to destroy Voldemort once and for all. Need more? I think not!
- Based on the 1980s cartoon of the same name. This time, these little blue creatures are chased by Gargamel through a portal, out of their world, and into ours – a.k.a. modern day New York City.
So all you movie buffs, grab some popcorn, and leave your answers in the Comments below. Check back next week for answers.
—Ratha, Stacks Writer