Summer Blockbuster Movie Quiz Answers
Last week I posted a Summer Movie Trivia Quiz on some of the hot movies hitting theaters this summer. How did you guys do? Answers are below:
- This movie follows Professor X and Magneto when they were young themselves, discovering their powers for the first time, and opening a school for mutants.
ANSWER: X-Men First Class (PG-13) which opened June 3rd. To get a sneak peek of what Katniss might look like in the upcoming Hunger Games movie, check out Jennifer Lawrence in X-Men First Class – she plays Mystique.
- Based on the bestselling book series by Megan McDonald, this movie features Judy and her little brother Stink. She is on a quest to have the most awesome summer vacation ever.
ANSWER: Judy Moody and the Not Bummer Summer (PG) which opened June 10th.
- This freaky movie about a group of kids making their own movie looks like it could scare your pants off. It was made by the superstar team of Steven Spielberg (E.T., Men in Black, and about a billion other cool movies) and J.J. Abrams (Lost).
ANSWER: Super 8 (PG-13) which opened June 10th.
- This movie stars Jim Carey and a bunch of penguins. Enough said.
ANSWER: Mr. Popper's Penguins (PG) opening June 17th.
- Based on a DC Comic, and not to be confused with the The Green Hornet, this movie is a mixture of karate and sci-fi alien adventure. Stars Ryan Reynolds.
ANSWER: Green Lantern (PG-13) opening June 17th.
- This Disney/Pixar movie starring Lightning McQueen zooms into theaters on June 24th.
ANSWER: Cars 2 (G) opening June 24th.
- This sure-to-be blockbuster begins when the Autobots hear about a Cybertronian spacecraft hidden on the moon, and race against the Decepticons to reach it and learn its secrets.
ANSWER: TF3 or Transformers: Dark of the Moon (PG-13) opening June 24th.
- Can animals really talk? At this zoo they can. They help one lonely zookeeper (played by Kevin James) with tips on how to get the girl of his dreams.
ANSWER: The Zookeeper (PG) opening July 8th.
- Harry needs to find the final horcruxes to destroy Voldemort once and for all. Need more clues? Probably not!
ANSWER: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 opening July 15th!!!
- Based on the 1980s cartoon of the same name. This time, these little blue creatures are chased by Gargamel through a portal, out of their world, and into ours – a.k.a. modern day New York City.
ANSWER: The Smurfs (G) opening July 29th.
What movies are you going to see this summer? Have you already seen any of the ones in the Trivia? Let us know in the Comments below. In the meantime, stay cool, and remember, extra butter doesn't wash out easily.
—Ratha, Stacks Writer