June 6, 2011

Create a Caption: Say Cheese!

Posted by at 1:18 am in Create a Caption, Writing Prompt | Permalink

Createacaption Ugh. . . the dreaded family portrait. The matching outfits, corny poses, fake smiles, and the ongoing phrase, "Are we done yet?" springs to mind.

Could it really be worse than school picture day? Quite possibly. . .

Though it is rare for me to enjoy taking a family photo, my dad and his sisters very much enjoy striking a pose in front of the camera to create an entertaining greeting card for their friends.

This past year was their best card yet. Being that my dad is dentist, he decided to pose as himself along with his youngest sister as the hygienist and his oldest sister as the patient.

Family_dentist_2011

Now it's your turn to get creative and fill in the blanks! Write your Captions in the Comments.

NOTE: For safety purposes, all appliances are off.

- Carly M., Stacks Blogger

1. fairyfrost34

Tall blond one: Ha look at this silvery thing!Um, what does it do?
    One with the mask: I dunno.
    Patient: Uh! Uh! Ge me out! Ge me out!
    Tall one: What? I can’t HEAR YOU!! Jamie, close the door!!
    Mask: On it!

2. werewolfcat5

Male dentist: Be sure you get your teeth cleaned every day!
    Female dentist: Or you’ll end up like this patient here with a cavity!
    Patient: I wish I hadn’t eaten too much candy…

3. l and j

dentist:how mt hair look i want to look good fro the camera !!!
    assistant: great what about me ? do you hear the drill ?
    patient :aaaaaawwwww bla bla helppp

4. Emily

I think this is so good. I don’t have good writing characteristics like you do, I really enjoyed reading this…

5. PurpleArtemis25

Dentist : Man! Just yesterday I nearly failed the exam! Now look- I’ve already got a job!
    Dentist Helper:Yeah! It’s so great that you showed me a few things this morning!!!
    Patient ( Thought): Oooooh my gosh… this is why it’s so cheap!!!

6. lauren r

first doc.:hay there i am just doing some open surgery
    second patient:hello no time for pictures my drool is gushing out my mouth as we speak!!!!!!!!
    third doc.:Say CHEESE!!!!

7. chocalategirl

Hygenist: Just keep your mouth open
    Patient: I h-have t-to with this-s thing in my mouth-h
    Dentist:Good point!

8. angelipod3

Assistant:Doc how do you work this drill?
    Dentist:I don’t know how, I just got this job.
    Assistant:So did I.
    Patient:GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. twilightbastion3

Dentist: Wait… what a picture. Don’t you see we’re busy?!
    Nurse: Who cares! Say cheese!
    Patient: Whaht!
    Nurse: Ok we’re ready!Cheese!
    Dentist: Um… cheese?
    Patient: Helpv! Get ne out of hereth!

10. ChocoCooCoo

Dentist: Hi Max! How are you this very fine day?
    Kid: Um my molar hurts.
    Assistant: Ok open your mouth. We’re going to pull it out!

11. shyfairy6

Dentist: When will this pic be over so I can get back to torturing my sister!
    Hygienist: It’s all right, he’s not serious . . . . . I think.
    Patient: You know, that isn’t exactly comforting!!!!!!!!!

12. birdcherries3

doctor:nurse’ hand me a pair of dark glasses so i cant see anything.
    nurse:okay doctor .
    patient:dark glasses!?!?!

13. amethystfashion17

dentist: hygienist come help me
    hygienist:no im smiling for the camera!
    patient: help me!

14. DragonStorm5

Patient: Unnnnnggggghhhhh
    Docter:Be prepared…. This is going to hurt a lot
    Helper: I do not envy you the doctor that is doing the highly dangerous surgery on your gums has not even gotten his docters degree from school. So basiclly to make a long story short-this your dentist has no idea what he is doing right now.

15. emeraldbrownie20

Dentist: Hey, look, a camera. Smile Assistant. (Assistant smiles)
    Assistant: Wait a seconed.
    Patient: Let’s get this over already.

16. bluepuma2

camera person:say cheese!
    patient:hhmm that didnt hurt as much as i thought it would
    dentist:*while smiling* when do you think we shud tell her we pulled the wrong 4 teeth
    hygienist:*while smiling* just as soon as i numb my mouth and leave the room

17. instastar

dentist: we are the best in the dentistry. helper: the best smiles ever! patient: well, you’re not helping my smile at all!

18. legit/awsome/cool

Dentist:Ooops, turns out I was supposed to pull the other tooth.
    Dentist Helper:If anyone asks, this was your fault!
    Patient: Wa are you alking abou?

19. chickencapital2

Dentist:Okay now i will just get my transmitter and we will take all,um,i mean one of those dirty pearly whites out.Assistant please start.
    Assistant: alright u will feel a lot, i mean a little pressure.
    Patient:Hey whats that big pointy thing? why are you….. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

20. Annie iPad

“ooh… What do we have here?” says the dentist.
    “ugh.” says the patient.
    “ooh.. It’s big one” says the hygienist.
    Haha! That’s awesome!

21. surviving antennae3

dentist:almost done,6 more teeth to go.
    patient:what!!!!! you already pulled out 20.
    assisstant:well,your 100 years old,your teeth need to come out.NOW!!!!!

22. celebratingfog2

the lady smiling: WOW THIS IS TAKING FOREVER MY FACE HURTS!. The dentist: WOW POOR KID HE HAS LIKE ABOUT 20 CAVITIES!. The patient: ( thinks about how his girlfriend is gonna react to him when she finds out that he has 20 cavities)

23. aquaunicorn34

Dentist: SMILE!
    Hygienist: Come on already. Put the tube in your mouth!
    Patient: I have it in my mouth! And I can’t sit up and smile with you guys holding me down!

24. angelwizard5

dentist:if you dont stop biting me i’ll pull out your canines!
    dentist helper:i hope we get paid for that action
    patient:are you kidding me??!!

25. launchingkey3

patient: Are we done yet???
    dentist helper: no! now say smile!!!
    patient: What, did you just take my picture???
    dentist: Yes and this is soo goin online!!

26. jazzq99

Wow…. Why in the world would you smile for a pic while you have a patient right there that you’ve already started working on…..!!!! :P
    Dentist: Well hello there?
    Assistant: Smile!!!!!
    Patient: Wha????? Hello? Are you nuts!! Dude!
    i like this

27. crushonjustinbieber

guys wassup?? i am so bored whats evern worse than going to tghe dentist is going to the orthdonitst i have braces and i have to go once a month! another monthly gift lol!

28. Jonah

well..I would like to have photoghaph with some of the charcters. maybe some from captin underpants and harry potter and bone and others.

29. fatninga

Dentist-Just go ahead and take the picture. I’m trying to poke this sharp thingy around in this guy’s mouth
    Patient-hellllllllp!!!!!!
    Hygenist-Don’t worry, it’ll just hurt a lot!

30. Ling-Y

doctor: her face is dry. wait those are my gloves.
    assistant:(smile)
    patient: assistant can you stop shoving that thing in my throat?

31. Bethany

Recently, my brother went to the dentist, got a $150 bill, then realised his card wouldn’t work and had to get mum to pay! So here goes:
    Dentist: There we are! All fixed up!
    Hygenist: Now don’t chew on that side for a week!
    Dentist: that’ll be 200 bucks please!
    Patient: Uh-oh, I think I forgot my money…

32. Tori

Docter:Do think I can pull this patints eye out while I pay no attention? Helper:Do you think I should start spending more than $2.00 on my haircuts? Patint:Do they think I am dead?

33. pigmagenta1

dentist: Well HELLO there! Say cheese everybody!
    dentist assistant: Make sure you get my good side!
    patient: like you have one.
    kid with camera: They’re overly optimistic. That is NOT a good sign.

34. screamingdomogirl

dentist: Oh, look! It’s Mr. cavity again! What have you come for this time? Just open wide so I can take your teeth out!
    assistant dentist: That’s right! Now open wide so we can pull without numbing… I mean, so we can numb you and get started!
    Patient: I knew a dentist at Wal- Mart was a bad idea!

35. friendlyalien

dentist;Oh god!what a big cavity!!
    helper;looks like the tooth has to be pulled out!!
    patient;oh-no!I didn’t expect that!

36. kittenpuffin3

I think that in the first bubble should say “hello and welcome to the DENTIST” in the second bubble it should say ” what I thought that it was the toy store” in the third bubble it could say “hahahahahaha you made a mix up”

37. ipodblue4

dentist on left: so how is your day ?
    patient: (water fills patient’s mouth)
    dentist on right : i’m so sorry, were trying to take a picture here.
    patient : what ???

38. Megan

Dentist: Let’s see what we have? Ahh, looks like we have a cavity.
    Hygienist: We will need to put a silver cap in your molar.
    Patient: Ouch! That will hurt. (Cries)

39. Noelle

DENTIST: I hope this hurts!
    PERSON: This hurts!
    ASSISTANT: I just want to look good for the camera. Does my hair look ok?

40. azuredragon13

dentist: This patient has a few cavities.
    nurse: This little drill will fix it all.
    patient: arrrk!

41. kate

dentist:don’t rip that out! it’s the other one!!
    nurse: that one?
    patient:can i switch companies with someone?

42. Miley7903

Dentist hey it’s the icarly gang Dentist helper let’s smile for the camera paitent i can’t smile

43. Irene

Dentist: So how are yOu doing this fine morning, dear? How’s life? You have lots of friends? (off to side) Nurse, hand me that needle
    Patient: Mphhhhh Fish fushfooshushshumph
    Nurse; Oh really? I knew it! That happened to me too! I totally get it! (quietly) Here.
    You know what happens next. LOL!

44. M100

Dentist: get out of here, don’t you see me working here?
    Hygenist: Yea, we are trying to find the pliers
    Patient- Say what now ?

45. soccercyclone4

the dentist is saying time to meet your maker.
    the female dentist is saying time to die tooth
    the lady that is laying down said help!!!!

46. moneymoneymoney

dentist: ok lets get those teeth out of his mouth.
    dentist helper: uhhhh what?
    patient: ohhhh no

47. Amy

Dentist: Well hello there?
    Assistant: Smile!!!!!
    Patient: Wha????? Hello? Are you nuts!! Dude!

48. makayla

Dentist:Hey Sis,remember that prank you pulled on me in 7th grade,the one that made Molly RINGWALD break up with me?
    Sister:Ahaha Yeahhhh that was good…..
    Dentist helper:Hehe so is this!
    Dentist: *Pulls out teeth* SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!!!HIS NAME IS REVENGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    Sister:OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW I hate you!
    Dentist:MORE? OKAY!
    Dentist helper:Marty I think you went alittle far this time……

49. Sara

Dentist: I can’t BREATHE in this mask!
    Assistant: Now don’t I look great in this photo!
    Patient: Okay Doc, you’re poking my eye out! And Assistant, why is that tool on my cheek and not in my mouth……….????

50. lynxfangs1

Dentist:Just keep smiling, maybe they will go away
    Assistant:Will do Doc
    Paitent:These people are a bunch of crazies
    lol

51. Bookworm

Dentist: “Okay, so if we take this tooth out and move it here…how do we do this again?
    Hygienist: “Um…not sure. You’re the dentist anyhow!”
    Patient: What am I getting myself into?!

52. Mysterygirl123

1st person: Cheese!
    2nd person: Cheddar!
    person in chair: Are we done yet? I afraid I might get hurt with the giant tool above my FACE!

53. GNOletsgo1

Dentist: Open your mouth a little wider!
    Patient: I’m only smiling because of the laughing gas they gave me.
    Hygenist: Nice teeth you have there!

54. fluffytaco

Dentist: Take the picture and be done! I have to get back to my patient and tell her she has a cavity- I mean, a nice smile!
    Hygienist: I would have picked popcorn flavor tooth paste, too! I think…
    Patient: This isn’t how I thought the tooth paste would taste… I really should have picked cherry!

55. cooly 11

Dentist: This won’t hurt a bit. I think.
    Patient: say what now?
    Hygenist: Okay… Stay still.

56. stonefairy

dentist: hi there! How are you doing this fine morning?
    dentist helper: we only have a few little things to do today…
    patient: like what? oh dear…

57. crushonjustinbieber

oh lol you write the caption in the comments dentist: so how r u?
    patient: mmtrop
    dentist helper: this is just gonna hurt a lot