June 22, 2011

Fall Books Preview

Posted by at 4:27 am in Reads, Sneak Peek | Permalink

SneakPeek OK, I know the school year is over and you are looking forward to having a great summer. Hopefully you have piles and piles of good books to keep you occupied. But I am here today with a preview of the absolute coolest books coming out this fall that you will not want to miss! Mark your calendars because I’m talking new books by Rick Riordan, Gordon Korman, Brian Selznick, and Jeff Kinney!! Read on to find out more. . .

39Clues_medusa The 39 Clues: The Medusa Plot by Gordon Korman
August 30, 2011
A new enemy. An even deadlier challenge. The 39 Clues continues in series 2, Cahills vs. Vespers. Read the Prologue.

Wonderstruck Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
September 13, 2011
Ben longs for the father he has never known. Rose is obsessed with a famous actress. When Ben discovers a puzzling clue, and Rose reads an enticing headline in the newspaper, both children set out alone on quests to find what they are missing. If you liked The Invention of Hugo Cabret, you will love Wonderstruck!

Neptune Heroes of Olympus #2: The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan
October 4, 2011
In another camp, miles away from Camp Half-Blood, a new camper has shown up and appears to be the son of Neptune, god of the sea. . . Read the first chapter.

Wimpy6 Diary of a Wimpy Kid #6: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney
November 15, 2011
The Heffley family is stuck indoors during a blizzard. But will they weather the storm?

Now when you go back to school, you will be in the know and ready to read the best, newest books! Leave a Comment and tell us which books you are most excited about!

1. PhoenixSong3

The first chapter for The son of Neptune is soooo good!!
    I can’t belive percy is in the other camp!!!
    ~Phoenixsong3

2. purplecat221

OMG! I am psyched for the Son of Neptune!!!! I’ve read the Lost Hero like 50,00000 times and it never gets old!!!!!!!! Hope Rick Riordan works his magic with the second book, too!!!!!!!!!:):):):):P

3. Onyxfairy5

I just CANNOT wait until the son of neptune comes out and i really want 2 read wonderstruck because i really enjoyed the other one
    i also ant 2 read Iron Knight (ages 13+) and summers crossing (13+) both by Julie Kagwa

4. AG

The Son of Neptune!! I’ve been waiting for it ever since the day after The Lost Hero came out!!!!!!! I <3 Percy!!!

5. magicalgriffin3

PERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Asdffdsa

I am so excited about the new 39 Clues book!! :) I haven’t even read the book “Vespers Rising” yet.

7. Poseidonwave5

I want to read the Son of Neptune and Cabin Fever and I cant wait Im so excited about whats new in the Son of Neptune and Cabin Fever with Greg.

8. vanya

iread the book called the BONE series i’m reading the fourth one know it is a graphic it is kind of fnny but it is a nice book i think you should read it . Have a great time reading it.

9. cerberusdog3

I CAN’T wait for the Son of Neptune to come out it dose not come out untill October 4 i can not wight

10. zaria

i really dislike dairy of a wimpy kid i just dont like them
    you poeple out there who does like them that is your opiona but i know i dont like it in i never will bye lol
    love you got that

11. pegasusathena1

Read the preview. Dying to read the rest of the book! Hope the rest of it is as good as the first chapter!( I know it will be)

12. ninjadragon99

AAAHHHH!!!!!!!! I CAN’T WAIT FOR RICK RIORDAN’S NEW BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting for that one since The Lost Hero came out!!!! EEEPPP!!!!!!! OCTOBER! HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!!!!!!!! :D

13. pegasusathena1

Can’t wait for the Son of Neptune to come out. I have been counting down the months till fall. Just a few more!!!!!!!!

14. mintchocolatechip100

I’m not sure if I’ll read Wonderstruck, but I’m totally reading the other ones. Can’t wait for the son of Neptune! And Rick Riordan better not end it in a cliffhanger again!!!

15. amberheart25

I love 39 clues and me and one of my best friends Justin, read the whole series together! we discussed the characters and told each other about the books! it made me relize that i loved those books!

16. Shalini

They all look pretty cool. I am reading the 39 Clues series and I love it. I also love Rick Riordan books, even though I haven’t started the Heroes of Olympus series. I also love the Diary of a Wimpy kid series. As for ‘Wonderstruck’ I think it would be cool to try something new! I LOVE READING.

17. ashi1

Right!I’m waiting for the Son of Neptune and The Medusa Plot!And I’ve already read the prolouge on their websites!

18. Andrea

I’m so excited about Diary of the Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever! I’ve read all the diary of the Wimpy Kid books and I’m always anxious for new ones!

19. student12

wow.. great advice!! i will defenitly use some of this advice for my reading, right now i am currently reading an amazing summer romance book from the series ” the summer i became pretty” i am reading the second book of the series i believe, the book from the series i am currently reading is “it wouldnt be summer with out you” it is the best book i have ever read in my entire lifetime and i recomend the series to students from maybe at the range of 13 years of age and older.. but it is a wonderful romantic book and i love reading it.. i find it very hard to stop reading hen im so into the book. it is completely amazing

20. j

Son of Neptune and the Medusa Plot look SOOOO good! I didn’t know they were coming out with a 6th Wimpy Kid Diary. Can’t wait to read them!

21. crimsonbreaking2

wow ican’t wait to see cars2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and icant waitfor summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. techie9

I am most excited for Diary of a Wimpy Kid! I also can’t wait for Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules to come out on DVD! haven’t seen it yet

23. cnahk

Im reading the daughters of the moon(12+) series and finishing the looking glass wars.I recomend them both for teens.

24. redwolf31

OMG! I can’t wait until Son of Neptune and The Medusa Plot come out! The others seem interesting too but T39C and the HOO are my fav. series!

25. yellowhobo123

i also want to read the 39 clues. rick riordan wrote the first one so they should be awesome!!!!!!!!!

26. yellowhobo123

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! i am completly obsessed with rick riordan’s books. he’s my idol!!!!!! i have been waiting for that book since i finished the lost hero!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! i am also really excited about the new diary of a wimpy kid book. who doesn’t love those books? :D

27. Samatha

I really don’t feel like reading the whole summer but reading is OK I plan on going to movies and hanging out with my friends.

28. Adrian

I cant wait for the Son of Neptune and Diary of A Wimpy Kid:Cabin Fever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. JadeDragon47

I CAN’T wait till The Medusa Plot comes out! I am a HUGE fan of The 39 Clues, and I’m sure this will be even better! I can’t wait for The Son of Meptune, too. The suspense is killing me! AHHHHHHHH!

30. dolphincheerful11

all books tells differant stories every one knows that but have you ever thuoght about using the stories you read to come up with you own story and then you could inspire other kids to do the same i do and it is awesome and my favorite type of genera is mystery it is awe some that you can find theatrical lifelike things in the different books you read.

31. willatreewillatree

I’m so excited for The Son of Neptune and Diary of a Wimpy Kid! Two of my fav book series.

32. Annie iPad

I can’t wait until the new 39 clues book! I love the 39 clues series 1. I was always saying “I’m bored” when I didnt have one to read. I love the 39 clues series!

33. Noelle

I can’t wait for the new Diary of A Wimpy Kid. It looks like there will be some feuds between Gregg and Rodwick, which will be funny(:

34. PhoenixSong3

cool! i cant wait to read The Son of Neptune and Diary of a Wimpy Kid! i have all of Rick Riordans books!

35. screamingdomogirl

I am most excited to read the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid. I’m all about reading, and new books!

36. Colin

I think Diary of A Wimpy Kid 6 Cabin Fever looks interesting.I wonder what will happen. I really like the cover too!