May 16, 2011

Writing Prompt: Character Horoscope

Posted by at 12:36 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_charactergifts If you know your favorite book character's birthday, then invent today's horoscope based on the character traits below. (I didn't go by the new zodiac with the extra sign because I like the traditional one better.)

For example, Harry Potter is born on July 31. That makes him a Leo, i.e. ambitious but domineering.

• Aries (3/21-4/19): Courageous but moody Harrypotterthumb
  • Taurus (4/20-5/22): Dependable but stubborn
  • Gemini (5/21-6/20): Imaginative but indecisive
  • Cancer (6/21-7/22): Caring but clingy
  • Leo (7/23-8/22): Ambitious but domineering
  • Virgo (8/23-9/22): Clever but cold
  • Libra (9/23-10/22): Peaceful but unreliable
  • Scorpio (10/23- 11/22): Dynamic but jealous
  • Sagittarius (11/23-12/22): Independent but unemotional
  • Capricorn (12/23-1/19): Patient but conceited
  • Aquarius (1/20-2/18): Original but rebellious
  • Pisces (2/19-3/20): Devoted but oversensitive

So Harry's horoscope for today is:

You will face an overwhelming enemy, but you will not back down. Face your fear and be strong!

Now it's your turn. Find out your fave character's birthday, and write his or her horoscope in the Comments.

Harry Potter image credit: Mary GrandPre

1. mintchocolatechip100

why are main characters in in adventure books (like harry potter and percy jackson) leos?

2. carson

gregor the overlander you will fall in love with some one who is bosses but you will love her any way

3. pink brownie16

great idea i will use it because i love writting prompts
    i also love harry potter books
    i always read them there so intertaning i love them i also watch all the movies :) :) :)

4. spygirl248

Percy Jackson’s birthday is August 18 so he is a Leo. His horoscope is: You will soon end up in a place where you don’t belong. Don’t panic. Be yourself and do what you always do.

5. noah

my horoscope is right I am sesitive and devoted to school my parents my house and most importantly church

6. Alexis

Winnie Perry from “The Winnie Years” series(not Scholastic). She’s a Pisces(March 11) Big changes are in store for you.

7. Samm

Emma-Rose Paley
    (From: This Totally Bites)
    Birthday: August (It didn’t say a date)
    Virgo: You will come into trouble,but preveil ,using your mind,not your strength.

8. 44maplesyrup

for ron weasley:
    A person you are very close to will suffer greatly.you will care for them but do not get too upset.
    (his b-day is march 1st,BTW)
    i’m a Cancer but i am not clingy! i think…

9. awesomeangel101( Friend me!)

I never would have thought that Harry Potter’s B-Day is July 31st. Thank you! I know that I’m a Cancer (Why is there even something like Cancer! Cancer is a disease!) My older sister always says that I’m clingy, but she never would’ve thought that I’m Caring! Not funny!