May 12, 2011

Wimpy Kid Actress, Peyton List

Peyton_list_130x130Holly Hills in Diary of a Wimpy Kid (UPDATE: You can also see her on the Disney Channel as Emma Ross on the show Jessie.)

You know 13-year-old Peyton List from her role as Holly Hills in Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules. But she and her twin brother, Spencer, have been acting for a while. In this interview she talks about working on the Wimpy Kid movie, embarrassing stories from her childhood, and her baby brother’s hilarious nickname for her.

Q: What was the most fun acting job you’ve had?
Peyton: One of the most fun projects I got to work on was Diary of a Wimpy Kid, because I mean they had so many kids on the set. It was like summer camp. It was so much fun. Every night we would go out to dinner and we would go swimming, and we’d pull pranks on each other.

Q: What was your favorite prank that you pulled on someone? DWK2_Resized1
Peyton: Well the boy that plays Rodrick was staying on our floor. And the girl who plays Patty Farrell was staying over in my hotel room that night so we slipped him a note under his door pretending that we were really big fans and we said, “Dear Devon Hotstick, we love you. We are your number one fan.” And then we put lip gloss on and we kissed it and we sent it under his door and he knew it was us. So he sent us a note back and said, “Oh nice try.” So we sent him a note back and we said, “Oh we are your number one fans, believe us!” The next day at school together in the tutoring room, he said, “In the future, you should probably not send a note back when I know it was you for sure.”

Q: Tell me about your Wimpy Kid character.
Peyton: I play Holly Hills and she’s the popular girl at school but she’s not your typical popular girl. She’s really sweet, down to earth and she’s very athletic. I have a lot in common with her. I love to do sports and it was really fun because I got to learn how to roller skate and how to play soccer in the movie. So that was a lot of fun. She would definitely be a friend of mine because she’s a really nice character. She accepts everyone.

Q: What sports do you like?
Peyton: I love basketball, and now I love soccer. I love biking. Actually when my mom and I were in Vancouver whenever we had a day off we would go about fourteen miles. It was beautiful there in Vancouver. And one day with the Wimpy Kid Zach we went zip-lining. Basically there’s this huge line that goes across from one point to another and they hook you up to it and you zip across. We went to this huge mountain and we went up and we went zip-lining. It was so much fun. I was kind of scared at first. And so was Zach. I was like, “Come on you have to go with me! If I’m going you’re going.” I was really nervous. I thought, “Has this ever broke before?”

Q: How did you get into acting?
Peyton: When I was about four, my mom took us to see about ten Broadway plays and I just loved them. I couldn’t get enough of them. So I told my mom, “This is what I want to be when I grow up.”

Q: What was your first job?
Peyton: Sears commercial, yeah. I remember that. That was fun because I got to beat up Spencer, my twin brother. Once I did a cranberry juice commercial and I had to keep drinking it and I remember I was really little. I had on a white shirt and I kept spilling it on myself so they had to keep changing my shirt.

Q: Is there a dream role that you would like to play?
Peyton: I’ve always wanted to be in an action movie. One of those butt-kicking superheroes or being in a castle and getting to experience a princess and that sort of thing.

Q: Do you have any embarrassing stories from school?
Peyton: I remember I went to get dressed and my skirt was really big so my mom pinned it in the waist and I was walking down the street later. . . I had just gotten out of school and all of a sudden it just falls to my ankles. I remember just looking around and pulling it right back up.

Q: If you could be anything besides an actress, what would you be?
Peyton: I would probably love to be a dancer if I couldn’t be an actress. I’ve taken a lot of dance lessons. I actually take jazz, tap, ballet, hip hop- everything. I also take a lot of ballroom dancing. It’s fun.

Q: Do you have any pets?
Peyton: I have a cat and a dog. The cat’s name is Luna, and we found her in our garbage can about three years ago. She’s really sweet. She has other cats that wait for her in the backyard and they hang out. One fell over in my pool once and she jumped right back out. She has so many cat friends; it’s funny. And my dog’s name is Windsor and actually we rescued him too. He ran into a restaurant that we were eating at one summer and it was pouring down rain and it was lightning and the dog ran in. The owner tied him up in the front and she said, “I’m taking him to the pound. He’s been running around for about a week now and I can’t deal with it any more.” And we were like, “No! We’ll take him. We’ll take him.” And so now he’s a part of our family and he’s such a calm and sweet dog. I love him. It’s funny because my brother says that the dog belongs to him and I say that the cat belongs to me. But the cat sleeps with my brother and the dog sleeps with me.

Q: So it’s just you and two brothers?
Peyton: Yeah I have a twin brother, Spencer, and then I have a little brother who’s six. I remember my little brother couldn’t pronounce our names. So he called Spencer “Gugu,” which I don’t get how that sounds anything alike and he called me “Peepee.” And I was like, “Why do you call me Peepee?” I got so mad because he always said it in public. I thought it was so embarrassing. And Spencer’s like, “Hey I’ve got Gugu.” “Well at least you don’t have Peepee!” I thought he was trying to say Peepee and Poopoo – sounds like Gugu. I’m like, “He’s doing it on purpose! He’s evil!”

Q: What book are you reading now?
Peyton: The Vampire Diaries (for ages 12 and up). I really love that series! I actually just read Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief and I love those books too.

Q: Last question: what would you like your fans to know about you?
Peyton: I’m just a really happy, energetic person and I love chocolate and. . . what else? I love to read. It’s one of my favorite things to do. My brothers ask me, “Would you come and play video games?” and I’m like, “No. I just want to read.” I really love doing that.

A girl after my own heart!

Photos courtesy of 20th Century Fox
Interview by Marie Morreale

1. Parisa

Um….she may be nice, but I never liked Peyton, nothing personal ;) even though i like her bro Spencer a lot!

2. Ariella

Ha! Peyton’s prank was HILAROUS!!! Also, Peyton is a really good actor. She’s on Jessie (which everyone knows) ;D

3. angelica

don’t you just think that Peyton is one of the greatest actor in the movie and besides the best can’t beat the best

4. breanna

she is my most favorite actor
    ever she is so sweet beautiful
    i would die to meet a sweet heart like that ms. list is sweet and caring loving and joyful

5. Joe

Hi peyton
    Im a british student that loves you
    Your my wallpaper on my phone laptop and ipad or anything else
    I wish I could meet you
    Joe

6. cassidy

i love diary of a wimpy kid and i have read all the books and watched all the movies so far. i love greg and manny . i love all of the cast of the diary of a wimpy kid. i love when greg and rodrick played the fake barf trick n people and the gym teacher. i love when the gym teacher knocks down manikins instead of greg and rodrick .hahahah

7. Nathan:)

WOW!!! when i watched the 1st film the made -diary of the wimpy kid- it was sooo cool i loved it! i can not wait till i see the 2nd one soo eager to watch it :)

8. Nathan:)

WOW!!! When i watched the 1st film it was great i can not wait till i watch diary of the wimpy kid 2 !!! at the movies with my frend with sonme popp corn mm it will be great

9. witchunicorn5

Diary of a wimpy kid rocks!!! just the book not the movie.
    AND HU IS SHE???SHE IS SOOO NOT IN THE BOOK!!!

10. Samantha

I also wish i could meet her. We are kinda alike. I do love basketball and i would consider myself nice. I have a dog and a cat also. I love to read! Like i read everyday, an hour a day or more. My favorite book is The Stone Child. Also I like The Silent Storm, my second. I also swim and I just learned to roller skate. Hahaha I go every Saturday. The first time i did it i fell about 20 times, or more. But now i’m pretty good at it. But I think Peyton List is amazing and i wish i could meet her! :)

11. Samantha

I love that movie, and Peyton list. She is really pretty and an amazing actress. I’ve always wanted to be an actress and she’s sortta like my role model, totally. :)

12. deandre

I LOVE you peyton list you are a pretty, athletic, and smart girl I think I gave you too much comments if I did I am so sorry have a happy new year a happy birthday and other happy holidays you will have a great life we both have the same things in common I like the movies you did and I like the show you are doing now

13. deandre

I Love you Peyton list I think you are a very pretty smart and athletic girl we both have some stuff in common sorry if I gave you too many comments have a happy new year and have a happy birthday also have happy others holidays You will have a great life

14. deandre

I love you peyton list I think you a very pretty girl we have the same things in common I wish I could meet you I think of you as a pretty and smart athletic girl

15. Michael

she is so cute and beautiful i love her smile and long blonde hair.id love to meet her she seems like she could be a great friend :)
    -Michael

16. saphirehorse7

i so want 2 buy that movie. i lv the author rick riordan. i really love his book the lost hero. u should read it. it’s so good

17. b

your the girl of my dreams and you have beautiful eyes beautiful blond hair and the most beautifulest girl inthe world I HAVE A HUGE CRUSH ON YOU

18. pinkathena26

she was my favorite character in the diary of the wimpy kid movie! she’s so pretty! I really want to meet her! she seems SUPER nice!!

19. blackgreen9

I watched that movie and it was great! My favorite character was you! You did such a great job being Holly! I also like how you model for justice!

20. Meghan

I LOVE the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books and movies! I actually have been looking for acting jobs and saw this part. I was thinking about trying out and was encouraged to do it but ended up not doing it. But you did a great job, Peyton!

21. redbagel6

WATCH INVADER ZIM!! IT IS T
    THE BEST SHOW IN THE WORLD!
    LISTED TO KE$HAS MUSIC*****
    FISH :0 :> :]

22. Claire

You are so luckey I really want to be an actress but…..
    Do you think you could give me some tips?:)

23. Ryan H

Hi Peyton,
    My name is Ryan I’m 11 years old. you are my favorite actress ever! and you are so really cute. Every time I see your pictures or movies I get really shy and butterflies in my stomach and I dont know why, I guess its because my number one wish is to meet you. anyways Peyton even if my wish doesn’t come true I will still continue to follow your career and watch your movies. I will have my fingers crossed that you will read this someday.
    Love Ryan H.

24. compassraw4

she was really good in diary of a wimpy kid 2 rodrick rules.the book is way different from the movie

25. dramadance6

OMG I CANT WAIT TO SEE WIMPY KID 2 RODRICK RULES I ALREADY READ ALL THE SERIES AND SAW PART 1 I JUST CANT WAIT UNTIL ME AND MY BOYFRIEND GO SEE IT…LOL…OMG…I AM JUST TOOO EXCITED ME AND MY BOYFRIEND ALWAYS LIKED TO READ DIARY OF A WIMPY KID. WHEN WE BOTH GREW UP TOGETHER…LOL…OMG…WE BOTH CANT WAIT WELL I BETTER STOP AND SHUT MY MOUTH…GOOD BYE PEACE OUT.

26. PsychCrazy

She sounds like a aight person. I wonder if she has as big as an imagination as me. My imagination is probably a little bigger than Ramona Quimby. That is just a little comparison.

27. clawsmodest1

I wonder if they will make all of the other diary of a wimpy kid movie? I hope so because both of the movies and books were so funny and good.

28. gigglydolphin31

the movie is the bomb it is so good i went to see it my bffs came too and they loved it also

29. Austin (a girl not a boy!)

My parents are teachers. My mom teaches 4th grade while my dad teaches high school. My mom thiks Wimpy Kid Books aren’t really “Book, books.” I use to go with her opinion until I started reading them…and they are awesome…what was I thinking!

30. brainclaws38

I am a really big fan of you. You know in rodrick rules “greg heffley”/ zachary gordanlikes you. If he really liked you that would probably be sorta frecy. Am i right!!!! :)

31. PresidentJade2

Wow I bet you are an amazing actress I would love to see be in more movies you are gonna be awsome

32. kk818

shes a really great actress.she sounds like a great person.also its a GREAT series of books.CANT WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIE!!!!

33. Peyton

OH MY GOSH!!!!! ok this may be hard to beleive but my name is peyton!!!!:) wow i never did knw a movie star had my name im so SIKED!!!!!:)

34. nylaarose

did you know that in the movie that greg likes you huh ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

35. dramablue12

that is so cool i want to be a actress i know how hard it is but if i dont get to be an actress i want to be a director (fyi i am 12)

36. calee

i I just have to say you are so pretty, and you are an awsome actress in, Diary of a wimpy
    Kid !!!!!!! eeeeeeek i`m posting to an actress, i`m so happy

37. Kayla

Wow your job and life is cool I wish my life was like that fun and entertaining instead of boring and doing nothing but work at my desk at school all day. UGHHHH!!

38. u r 16 goin on 17

i think that she was a fantastic actress and that she should do another movie with diarie of a wimpy kid

1. Anonymous

Hai peyton,my name is Mark from philippines,i just want to know that i am your 1 fans heres at philippines,keep a good work,i wish i could meet you someday, i am happy to u,congrats to all blessing comes to u,thankx peyton,you are my only idol,,bye.from:MARK FROM PHILIPPINES,

39. anthony

ilove it soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much no one can top it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

40. darkkitten2

I seen the movie- AWESOME BTW! I can’t wait till they make the next movie! I read all the books and seen all the movies! Epicness!

41. cutie3500

Wow, that’s so cool! I can’t wait to see Rodrick Rules on DVD! (My family doesn’t like those movies much).

42. surfingsweet1

love diary of the wimpy kid great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!