Mother's Day Trivia Answers
Last week I posted some Mother's Day Trivia. Did you need help from mom for the answers? Check out the answers below.
1. What animated TV mom is mother to Bart, Lisa, and Maggie?
ANSWER: Marge Simpson. From The Simpsons of course.
2. How do you say "Happy Mother's Day" in Spanish?
ANSWER: Feliz dia de las Madres.
3. What were the first states in the U.S to celebrate Mother's Day?
ANSWER: Pennsylvania and West Virginia. It wasn't made an official national holiday until 1914 though, when President Woodrow Wilson declared it so.
5. What children's board book by P.D. Eastman features a baby bird hatched from an egg? When he can't find his mother he asks a kitten, hen, dog and cow if they are his mother? Hint: It has the word "Mother" in it.
ANSWER: Are You My Mother? A classic!
6. According to Wikipedia, what is the most popular item purchased for a Mother's Day gift?
ANSWER: Flowers, coming in at $2.6 billion dollars. It is followed by pampering gifts (like spa treatments, and greeting cards). But, I think the homemade ones are the most fun.
7. During which month of the year are the most babies born?
ANSWER: August! According to CDC (the government's Center for Disease Control) August is usually first, although sometimes edged out by September or July. The month with the least births is February.
What did you do for your mother on Mother's Day? Let us know in the Comments below.
— Ratha, Stacks Writer