May 27, 2011

Jack Black in Kung Fu Panda 2

Posted by at 4:54 am in Celebrities | Permalink

KungFuPanda130X130 Kung Fu Panda Po and Real Panda Baby Po

Kung Fu Panda 2 (rated PG) hits theaters on Friday, May 26, and this year, the main character, Po, was honored by having a real live baby panda named after him! Andrew Liang, Scholastic News Kids Press Reporter went to Zoo Atlanta for the naming ceremony and actually got to speak with Jack Black who plays Po in the movie.

Q: So which is cuter- Po from the movie or the newborn panda?
Jack: Well, the newborn panda is cuter than the full-grown Po in KFP1
the movie just because he’s a little baby cub. Baby cubs are always cuter than the full-grown thing. But the full-grown Po in the movie is pretty darn cute as well if I don’t say so myself. They modeled many of his good looks after a certain actor. . . or so I’ve been told.

Q: Why is it important to protect pandas?
Jack: It’s important to keep track of all the wildlife, all the endangered species in our world, because our world depends on a delicate ecosystem and it keeps all the species in a balance. Once you lose a species they’re gone forever, so we’ve got to be extra vigilant in taking care of the panda population along with all the creatures in this world. KungFuPanda2

Which Po do YOU think is cuter, Kung Fu Panda Po, or real panda baby Po? Leave us a Comment!

Interview by Andrew Liang, Scholastic News Kids Press Reporter
Photos courtesy DreamWorks Animation

1. Lavendersnake5

My favorite kung fou panda character is Viper. I like her because she is a snake. Read my username. You will see that it’s one of my favorite animals

2. cameron

lol i luv jack black hes really funny…but in my opinion horrible at singing but i still look forward 2 c ing the movie because …everybody likes kungfu fighting lol bye now !!!!!!!!!!!!

3. selena

I LOVE YOUR MOIVE IT IS THE BEST I THINK IT IS PRETTY AWSEMOE YOU LIKE NEVER DIE IN THE MOIVE I THINK IT IS AWSOME DUDE I THINK YOU ARE COOL…………….LOL

4. BLUEDIVING10

WOW! A baby panda named after Po! I wish I had someone named after me.
    P.S.: I’m wondering if the movie directors could think of anything else.

5. pbpatrick

I just saw the movie last night and I it was so good I paid to see the late night version! after the movie we stayed and watched the credits it took ten minuets to finish! that movie was hard to produce so be grateful to the producer. P.S my favorite characters are jack black and Jackie Chan. and how did master ughwa die in the first movie like did killer leaves come down and atack him or something?

6. PresidentJade2

I heard that it was the most hilarious movie ever.I
    havent seen though I bet its going to be great.I’m lookin forward to you.

7. Elisa

Omigosh! My little bro loves Kung Fu Panda and we went when Jack Black was there to name the baby! He is adorable!

8. featherscolonel1

Po is better by far.haveu seen the movie real funny this time a peacock and u see Po’s dad

9. kk818

baby po of course!!!!!babies r sooo cute no matter what kind of baby it is.everyone knows babies r cuter than alot of things!!!!why wouldnt someone think babies r cute???

10. bullshrewd1

I haven’t seen the movie yet and I want 2 see it with my BFF on Memorial’s day since there is nothing else 2 do!!!!:]

11. Bearsoccer3

I’m new at this i dont really understand all of this stuff but i mean it seems cool. i hope its fun!!! But im not really sure about what this blog thing is

12. Angel

If I have 2 answer…….The baby is cuter,because babies are gentler(sometimes)(trust me,I have had 3 sisters of experience!

13. Late Night Reader

Today is honest day so let’s cut to the chase; of course the baby is cuter. There really in no comparison, and let’s face it the baby is alive, breathing and adorable, while Po is an animated character with crude humor.

14. dacingdophin13

in class……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….im so weird!

15. MAKROX

Mmm… I love the full grown panda but the baby one is cuter. Also, Po the full grown panda is funnier, maybe he can be a role model for the baby panda!! :)