May 3, 2011

Harry Potter Movie Trivia Answers

Hp_130 I can tell that you guys worked really hard to find the answers to last week's Harry Potter Movie Trivia Quiz, so I will recognize everyone who got at least 90% right: Stonefairy, GryffindorWolf, Narnian dragon rider, S.snape2000, Starrninjarawr, Thalia grace, and Iluvglee. Good work!

Have you seen the new trailer for the final Harry Potter movie?? I have to be honest – I think it looks pretty scary. I'm still going to go see it on July 15, but I might have to close my eyes whenever VoldemoHP7-2rt is on the screen. Somehow, now he looks even creepier than before!

UGGHH!!

Anyway, here are the official answers with links to the interviews they came from. . .

1. James and Oliver Phelps are twins in real life and play the Weasley twins. What is their natural hair color?
    ANSWER: Brown
  2. The actor who plays Mad-Eye Moody has a son in real life who also has a role in the Harry Potter movies. Which character does his son play?
    ANSWER: Domhnall Gleeson plays Bill Weasley.
  3. Originally, the director was going to leave Kreacher out of The Order of the Phoenix movie. Why did he change his mind and include him?
    ANSWER: J. K. Rowling told him that Kreacher would play an important role later in the books.
  4. The original actor who played Dumbledore died after making The Chamber of Secrets movie. What was his name?
    ANSWER: Richard Harris. (R.I.P.)
  5. True or False: The actress who plays Ginny (Bonnie Wright) was 9 3/4 years old when she filmed her first scene on Platform 9 3/4.
    ANSWER: True.
  6. True or False: The actor who plays Draco (Tom Felton) originally auditioned for the role of Harry Potter.
    ANSWER: True.
  7. What is the only souvenir Daniel Radcliffe wanted from the set of the movies?
    ANSWER: He wanted Harry's glasses.
  8. True or False: The actor who plays Ron (Rupert Grint) wears a fat suit in the final scene of Deathly Hallows Part 2 when we see the characters as grown-up adults.
    ANSWER: True!
  9. What was the most embarrassing part of filming Deathly Hallows for Emma Watson?
    ANSWER: Having to kiss Rupert Grint and Daniel Radcliffe, who are both like brothers to her.
  10. The actor who plays Lupin (David Thewliss) first auditioned and was turned down for which part in The Sorcerer's Stone movie?
    ANSWER: Professor Quirell.

If you have any Harry Potter stumpers, leave them in the Comments and see if we can find the answers! Also let us know what you think of the new trailer. Scary or cool?

Photos courtesy of Warner Bros.

1. anonymous

In book 5 in the Astronomy O.W.L. scene how many stunners is McGonnagle hit with? (FYI at 2011 geekgirlcon in the talk “The Women of Harry Potter” a PANELIST got this wrong)

2. athenaangel64

HARRY POTTER ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOING TO SEE THE MIDNIGHT SHOWING OF PART TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!Q:WHAT DIRECTOR WANTED TO SPLIT THE GOBLET OF FIRE INTO TWO MOVIES??????????

3. gustlaunching3

I heard Harry Potter is a great series and movie(s)! My sister has read some of the books and seen the newest movie and said she loved it! I really want to read a Harry Potter book this Summer!

4. mcm

I LOVE Harry Potter! The books rock and the movies are okay! I watched Deathly Hallows pt.1 and it is off the hook! I can’t wait for pt.2! :D Mood: Excited!

5. PsychCrazy

I am not a fan of Harry Potter can’t you have trivia about Psych or MacGyver? Or other TNT or USA shows? Please and thank you

6. Lauren

I LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Harry potter books

7. brandy

i read all the books of hary potter and i really like the books so next here comes the movies daunt daunt dauntttttt…….LOL :)

8. kayla r

i mean the movie was off the hook but i could have did better with the whole ator thing the actors could have been much better and i think i threw up when i saw that squid lookin thing lol

9. REDDOG122

YOUR BOOK IS SO COOL THE ONE ALLIE FINKIN’S RULES FOR GIRLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Amanda

I dont like harry poter that much.Plus even if i did like him i wouldnt be able to read or watch the series.mostly because of my mom.

11. solvingsleepy1

Gilderoy Lockhart is soooooo big headed and untruthful he stole those stories he says are his he did and wrote but those stories belong to other wizards and witches.

12. solvingsleepy1

awesome the books and the movies.I have seen only the first 5 movies and i have read the whole series . I might be Hermione Granger for Halloween. I LOVE YOU HARRY POTTER. YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE.

13. gottaluvnevilleL

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!!!!! I AM LITERALLY OBSESSED WITH HIM!!!! #1 FAN!! I SO WANNA GO TO THE MIDNITE SHOWING SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!!!!

14. dancelvr1

Loved the part 1! (saw it at midnight!) Can’t wait till part 2 I know it is gonna be awesome. I hope i can see part 2 at midnight! BYE!

15. Brendan

OMG I LOVE HARRY POTTER I READ ALL THE BOOKS AND EVERYTHIN!!! I really suggest these books to everyone cause they r awsome!!!

16. yennifer78

i love harry potter books.i think there is alot of action in the book.i really wanted to see the midnight showing but i go to sleep really early.i think harry poter books are so cool.
    GO HARRY POTTER!!!!

17. Bieber_Fever

I think that the quiz was a really good one. It had alot of questions to make you think. Nut for future refrenses i wouldnt put the answer so soon. Maybe they should click on the question to make it appear.

18. blackred12

Harry Potter rocks this is the best movie out there i can not wait to see the 2 part of it YA HARRY

19. CATBLACK21

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SEND A SHOUT OUT IF YOU DO SEND BACK THE INSTRUCTIONS TO CATBLACK21 BUT NOT IN CAPITALS THANKS

20. autumnapplebelly

I”m dressing up as Harry or Hermione (Not sure yet! :-) ) and seeing it at midnight. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

21. stonefairy

Yay cool! I’m going on July 15 too (at midnight I hope!) But yeah, Voldemort does seem creepier than before. I’m super excited!

22. Hermionietwin784

The new movie looks AWESOME! I love the poster with Harry and voldemort looking at eachother with the elder wand in between!Im trying to get my mom to take me to the midnight showing. Here is a sort of hard question; How old was Ginny Weasley when she had her first kid?