May 23, 2011

Writing Prompt: Graduation Bear

CreateacaptionGraduation Day. Aaah. Memories in the making. As the school year winds down, maybe some of you guys are graduating from middle school, and moving onto high school? Or graduating from elementary school and moving onto middle school? Or in my case, giving myself a pat on the back for just having made it through another crazy year!

Well, as I was walking around my local party store shopping for a birthday card, all the graduation decorations got me thinking. It also gave me an excuse to dress up my favorite bear. What do you suppose he is thinking?

Graduation_bear_600w
Here's my caption.

Bear: The diploma is nice, but I sure I hope I got some cold, hard cash in those cards!

Give it a shot, and let me know what you imagine he's thinking. Leave your Caption in the Comments below.

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Hermionietwin784

As valedictorian of the Bear School class of 2011 I wish all my fellow graduates a Beary successful life!

2. Amy

Wow! High School STUNK! I can’t wait to go to college and have real fun and get a real edecation! Hmmmm…..Maybe I’ll go and ask if I can apply to Burger King…They’ve got to except me with this diploma!
    -Amy 5th grade graduate

3. uglybookworm

I would think the bear said, “I have finally graduated college! I’m so happy. I’m so smart that I could be rich and prove that Yogi Bear is dumber than me. I wonder if Yogi Bear is smart?”

4. cutie3500

Um, no offense, buuuuut, I”M JUST A BEAR. I don’t even GO to school, so how can I graduate from it? I don’t even know what this white thingy is called!

5. makayla.

what? stop staring at me!
    have’nt u ever seen a bear in a hat get a diploma? come on like u never saw a bear graduate!!!!!! i know u have its nothin new….

6. Mariah

can’t wait till summer is over so i can start 5th grade i feel so weird about this new grade i feel as i am going to middle school but im not

7. Mrs. W

Bear: So happy I graduated! I can’t believe it! Man, how much cash do you think I’ll get? Can’t wait for bear college!

8. puffinsheep1

that picture with the teddy bear look so cute holding that deplama and with the hat on to…….

9. stonefairy

Perhaps he’s thinking, “Ahh. I’m going to miss high school, but I look forward to college! I also look forward to my graduation party–we’re having lobster!”
    (He looks like a bear who would be going into college.)

10. owlgirl

“Everybody thinks its so cute to dress up bears. Nobody knows that I’m only in third grade!!!!!!!!!!!”

11. Alyssa

Bear: WHat’re you doin’ lookin’ at my diploma loke that? Go earn your own!”
    I hought of that because of the way his beedy little eyes were looking at me.

12. Saleema

I finally finished elementary school! I wonder.. what do I do with this diploma. I mean, I am only a bear.