May 23, 2011

Writing Prompt: Graduation Bear

CreateacaptionGraduation Day. Aaah. Memories in the making. As the school year winds down, maybe some of you guys are graduating from middle school, and moving onto high school? Or graduating from elementary school and moving onto middle school? Or in my case, giving myself a pat on the back for just having made it through another crazy year!

Well, as I was walking around my local party store shopping for a birthday card, all the graduation decorations got me thinking. It also gave me an excuse to dress up my favorite bear. What do you suppose he is thinking?

Graduation_bear_600w
Here's my caption.

Bear: The diploma is nice, but I sure I hope I got some cold, hard cash in those cards!

Give it a shot, and let me know what you imagine he's thinking. Leave your Caption in the Comments below.

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. FrostPoseidon8

Wait you’re telling me I have… lets see 4 MORE YEARS OF SCHOOL! No don’t tell me that it’s just university. Great. I got exited for nothing.

2. BLUEBROWN222

HE SERENA LAST YEAR I WAS IN THIRD GRADE AND ARE YOU WANTING TO SHOW THIS AWARD
    REAL SERENA CAN WE BE BEST FRIENDS LOVE YOUR COMMENT ITS VERY NICE

3. Lotonya

Wow I just stared and it is funnier than the pool. And I hope you have a nice night& you all have great comments

4. pigletbird

“yes!!!! I made it I finished high school I’m going to call the mamma.Yes.Yes.Yes.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.No.Just make me a pj sandwich. Wait and fluff my pillows love ya……..Did I say that in front of you now I’m gonna get held back in front of mommy.!!!” teddy bear

5. bearanalyzing151

Gee, too bad they don’t give out jars of honey for graduating school! Nine years of my life wasted . . .

6. Allison

“Yeah!!!! Schools out and time for the after party. Wait, who brought the fish? Can I trade in my diploma for cash? You cant have an after party without fish…”

7. eliza

“i wonder how much honey costs….because all the sudden a hat and a roll of paper appered on me and i was reading and it said if you have a hat and a roll of paper on you get lot of money!!!!!

8. angel

i will not gradiwait my effored is to sit all day and be bored lol jkjk i still got years to think about that but no more information from me

9. dizzyferret

Wow! Thanks for the diploma. So… when do I make my speech…… Wait, why is everybody leaving! Aw man!this is 8th grade all over again!

10. AstonishingSkater3

I’m a skater not a thinker.I just push everything to my limits.I’m in middle school and on my way to be a professional skater not a brainy person.

11. purplebutterfly355

i am going to grade 4 btw thats such a cute bear and like da graduation hat its sooooo cute XD :) )) ♥

12. twilightbastion3

Bear: Yey! I have finally graduated from preschool! Wait.. why isn’t my family here. And who is the person that is taking my picture. Yey! They finally brought snacks!

13. christina g

this is cool guys loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

14. samantha

all these years when i graduated they give me the same diploma every year there is nothing to be proud of there is nothing written in it are they trying to trick me ? :D

15. samantha

maybe one day a kid will take the stuffing out of me and the only thing left will be the diploma and then put it for my honor of death and nothing is written in it

16. I love unicorns

Here’s what I think he’s thinking:
    “hey, thanks for the diploma and hat, but…… is there a cake? I mean they call it a guaduation PARTY, so there should be cake, like at a birthday PARTY!!!!!!”

17. DESTINY STAR

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG JUST MADE IT SO HAPPY

18. dolphincheerful11

wow i’m happy i made it out of that school alive i could have died over doing all that homework oh wait i did fall asleep once in math class but i don’t thinck i died but what if i did am i a walcking zombie.well any way i will just smile and be happy i made it.whooooohooooo

19. shoopingpuppy2

so cute!!! i have a diploma that i got graduating fifth grade which means im going to middle school!! im not that excited!!:]]]]]

20. Kaitlin

I finally did it! I mean that I finally made it!!!
    I feel bad for all you guys who have to do school next year! This was my award winning speech.

21. simone

omg i have finnaly finished middle school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT WILL I DO ALL SUMMER?WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE WILL I MEET IN MIDDLE SCHOOL? WELL I GESS IT REALLY DOSENT MATTER AS LONG AS I AM POPULAR AND I LIVE MY SUMMER LIKE IT IS MY LAST

22. travelglad2

bear:why am i wearing this hat? im still in elementury not in high school!!! or is this just practice?

23. Natalie

I DID IT, I DID IT! I caught Goldilocks! I have the certificate–Oh, WHAT! I graduated?! This is a total waste of my time.

24. Caleigh

*waves hand around with diploma sticking to it* This. Stupid. Piece. Of. Paper. Won’t. Get. Off. Of. Me!

25. natalie

Yah,yah all day people have been saying that was a BEARRY nice speach, I am graduating high school like I haven’t heard that before.Yell now I am out of the jouse headding to college, this will be BEARRY fun!

26. Kate

“Ah… High school was wonderful… But we didn’t have any musicals! Sigh… I would have been a perfect Troy. I am a big fan.”

27. emeraldgrapes2

I’m almost there but, I just need to get that A on my report card and this diploma is mine. This is only 5th grade picture holding the diploma that is wrapped so nicely in a ribbon but no text at all. I can’t wait, I’m so close!

28. dancingdolphin13

Smile…… just for a little longer…………….
    done! Now I can go home and wacth tv.

29. Lordofawesomesness

Bear: Okay I’m ready to face the world. Go to college. Abandon my friends. My school, my family. Even freddy the postman! *Sniffle* I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE HIGH SCHOOL!! *Cry, Cry, sniffle, sneeze*

30. citylanding1

I’m a button when we’re talkin’ about cuteness, but I really wish they’d put my name in the paper!!!LOL

31. Pinkgiraffe10tothe5thpower

Bear thinks: Dude,I just graduated from high school, I had the highest grades…but I am the shortest in the class…

32. boldclub1

but he can’t beat meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. boldclub1

wat a cute bear wow he beats my 1 yr old cuzzz any day.and he’s off to college how cool!!!!!!!!!!

34. hoolianlegacy101

I have no idea what I graduated from or why I’m wearing this strange hat, but never mind! Can’t wait till I’m famous! I need to concentrate on getting a bodyguard now- preferably a nice big stuffed dog!

35. Hermionietwin784

As valedictorian of the Bear School class of 2011 I wish all my fellow graduates a Beary successful life!

36. Amy

Wow! High School STUNK! I can’t wait to go to college and have real fun and get a real edecation! Hmmmm…..Maybe I’ll go and ask if I can apply to Burger King…They’ve got to except me with this diploma!
    -Amy 5th grade graduate

37. uglybookworm

I would think the bear said, “I have finally graduated college! I’m so happy. I’m so smart that I could be rich and prove that Yogi Bear is dumber than me. I wonder if Yogi Bear is smart?”

38. cutie3500

Um, no offense, buuuuut, I”M JUST A BEAR. I don’t even GO to school, so how can I graduate from it? I don’t even know what this white thingy is called!

39. makayla.

what? stop staring at me!
    have’nt u ever seen a bear in a hat get a diploma? come on like u never saw a bear graduate!!!!!! i know u have its nothin new….

40. Mariah

can’t wait till summer is over so i can start 5th grade i feel so weird about this new grade i feel as i am going to middle school but im not

41. Mrs. W

Bear: So happy I graduated! I can’t believe it! Man, how much cash do you think I’ll get? Can’t wait for bear college!

42. puffinsheep1

that picture with the teddy bear look so cute holding that deplama and with the hat on to…….

43. stonefairy

Perhaps he’s thinking, “Ahh. I’m going to miss high school, but I look forward to college! I also look forward to my graduation party–we’re having lobster!”
    (He looks like a bear who would be going into college.)

44. owlgirl

“Everybody thinks its so cute to dress up bears. Nobody knows that I’m only in third grade!!!!!!!!!!!”

45. Alyssa

Bear: WHat’re you doin’ lookin’ at my diploma loke that? Go earn your own!”
    I hought of that because of the way his beedy little eyes were looking at me.

46. Saleema

I finally finished elementary school! I wonder.. what do I do with this diploma. I mean, I am only a bear.