April 6, 2011

SNEAK PEEK: The 39 Clues Medusa Plot

SneakPeek The 39 Clues Book 11, Vespers Rising is out in bookstores now, so it's already a great week, but there's more! We also have for you a SNEAK PEEK of the next 39 Clues book:

The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers Book 1: The Medusa Plot by Gordon Korman Medusa

After the mysterious Vespers kidnap Cahills around the globe, they order Amy and Dan to steal a priceless painting in exchange for the hostages. The siblings rush to Italy to execute a heist that rivals the most famous art thefts in history. There's just one problem — the painting they steal is a fake. With the clock ticking, Amy and Dan have to track down the real painting before one of Cahill hostages pays the ultimate price. But Dan and Amy can't stop the Vespers alone.

Read the Prologue.

Nice, huh? Leave a Comment telling us what you think of the new book so far.

1. Hope and Faith Cahill

Agreed i told my friends about the 39 Clues and they looked at me weirdly and said, “It’s soooo boring!” I couldn’t believe they said the 39 Clues are boring!
    Peace!
    Friends!
    Hope!
    Hope Cahill and, Faith Cahill

2. Katia

I am addicted to the 39 clues!!! I love making different scenarios for different characters. I find it helps me sleep. Do we all agree 10 was the best book out of the first series? I try to tell my friends what 39 clues are about but it comes out like this: Solikeamyanddanarelikeorphansandthereare
    Thesereallymeanpeoplecallesthecabrasandyou
    Findoutlateronthattheirparentsweremurdered
    TheirgrandmaGracejustdiedsolateronthereisalotofdramaliketheiralllikeomgyoukilledmyparents
    (amyanddan)omgbothmylegsarebrokenandAAAAAHthesestupidpeoplejustdroppedme(Jonah)
    Noonelovesmeeee!(alistar)omgmymomisamurdererandshes
    Blowingthingsupandsheshotmee(Ianandnatalie)andmydadisastupidpersonwhoonlycaredabout
    Winning(Hamilton ) sobasucallyattherndtheyallmostdiebutthenthey
    Get2millionbuckstheend.

3. Hope Cahill

not must read HAVE TO I am gonna buy the second book in the Vesper Series can’t wait
    MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READ MUST READI’ll prob go insane from having to wait.
    I almost lost it waiting for VR. :P

4. fan lover

omg!!!! i can not believe I have a copy of this book today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope a movie comes out about this!! I hope the series continues on forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Shannon L

I have books 1-11 and all the card packs. Can’t wait to get the first book in this series!!!!!!! Can’t get enough of this series. Can’t wait for the movie!!!

6. comment 26

yes I did not know that it was already out! Read the prolougue on the top of the page. It features Puerto Rico, where I originally come from. A little island in the atlantic.

7. redhorse20

LOL, I like how on the cover, Medusa’s eyes are covered by the logo. Did anyone else notice that? The book sounds interesting! Can’t wait to read it!
    (P.s. don’t look into Medusa’s eyes! LOL ;-) )

8. JadeDragon49

@Martin Yeah, there’s going to be a movie, but it’s going really slow. I thought that Steven Spielberg (fellow Janus, YEAH!) was going to direct it, but now I’m not so sure. Anyway, SO PSHYCHED (did I spell that right?) FOR MEDUSA PLOT! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!

9. Martin

I think this new book will be great because the other 11 were. I read all of the books so far and cant wait til this 1 comes out. i wonder how many books will be in the series? guess ill just have to wait. amy and dan will probaly be kick “butt” in the book too. and does any1 know about if they will ever make a movie for these books? kbye

10. Annie iPad

I can’t wait!!!!! So excited! I call dibbs on the first copy of “The Medusa Plot” by Gordon Korman!!!!!

11. I love unicorns

I have a reply to d. Well, remember how close Amy and dans parents came to winnign the 39 clues? Isabel wanted the poem that could possibly win the hunt. She didn’t want them to die, she wanted them hand over the clues and poem. Thats why.

12. 39clues fan

when does it come out. i have to get it or i will go insain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. margie madrigal

OMG!!!!!!i cant believe that the first book for vespers rising is coming out in august.(it would be a dream come true if it will come out earlier!!!)YYYYYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! WOOHOO! I AM SO TOTALLY FREAKED RIGHT NOW!!!.this is just so awesome…..Ill even buy the movie even if it stinks(no offense though…..)cause isnt that what happens when you turn a book into a movie…?anyways so psyched up and cant wait for the book to come out!

14. readingboy

15. k

@d
    Ian kabra’s mom killed amy and dan’s parents because they were madrigals and they refused to tell her why they went to Australia, and wouldn’t give them the clue she wanted.

16. PsychCrazy

I read one book, and I loved it. I hope to read the whole series soon. Where can I find the cards?

17. chris

I love the sneak peek i got a sneak peek already from my teacher =) i cant wait till it comes out. do you know when it will come out?

18. vada

omg a new book i mean i have a good taste in books know i got to tell my friends at school about this book

19. D

Can’t wait to read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Still have to read Vespers Rising,though.BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Janus-Clan

OMG!!! I am sooo excited about this book!! I’m gonna get it soon!
    P.s. I went to the 39 Clues website, and yes. It said that I am a Janus!! :P Lol

21. Klaus-Lucian

Yay. I can’t wait till Medusa Plot comes out! Hopefully so many questions will be answered!
    Klaus-Lucian

22. marie

All my friends read these books and we all LOVE them!!! Also, one of them is related to a vesper from way back when!

23. sadie

HULA DANCES! FRIES IN LEMONADE! LLAMAS RUNNING YARD SALES! LIBRARIANS SINGING! HOLY CHEEZ-ITS WE MADE IT!!!!!

24. mintchocolatechip100

i loved how they had different time periods in vespers rising. is this one just amy and dan?

25. Olivia504

OMG, I haven’t even finished the 1rst series! Maybe I can get them on my kindle! Then I can read the next series!

1. Humble

Greetings from California! I’m bored to tears at work so I decided to check out your weitbse on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m amazed at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, very good site!

26. late night reader

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (pant) Sorry about that. Anyway I read all the 39 Clues books, but I did not find them as GREAT as everyone said they were. Don’t get me wrong it was okey, and I am very excited that they are doing another series. I thought that there were many lose ends when they finnished the last book, anyone agree with me?

27. greenkoala39

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! ~my happy dance
    But wait, when does it come out?
    THANK YOU for posting the sneak peak! yay!
    YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAZZYAYAYASYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY~ remix! new moves!
    I am hyper.

28. spygirl248

I absolutely LOVE the The 39 Clues series. I even wrote a book review on it in my school’s newspaper. I have two of its cards packs and have every one of the books except for the newest one which I WILL read! This one also seems VERY interesting.

29. Treble Clef

Oh my gosh-I can’t wait for the book to come out!!! I’m so excited-even though I still haven’t got Vespers Rising=(.

30. Bieber24

If anyone reads Warriors, can you please be friends with me? Anyway, I read Warriors, and there are 5 series(the reason why I’m writing this, is because Warriors, relates to this, because they both have 2 series or over.)They are actually trying to make a 6th series! I think that Erin Hunter(the author of Warriors) is an amazing person!

31. cutie3500

Oh my gosh! I love The 39 Clues! I read all of the first sr=eries, and I can’t wait to read the second one! Yipee!