April 1, 2011

New Disney Movie: Lemonade Mouth

Posted by at 3:22 am in Book to Big Screen, Celebrities, Reads | Permalink

Lemonade3 What do you think of when you think of school? Popularity? Cliques? Bullies? Looking forward to the end of the school day? Well, duh! But what if for just a moment you could hope for school to be more than a popularity contest, a clique-fest, and a place where bullying occurred? What if it were a place where the non-popular groups gained control, where diversity reigned, and where your voice could be heard by not only the other students, but also by the school faculty?

Get ready to find a school like this because in the book and the new Disney movie, Lemonade Mouth, school is about banding together, fighting for what you believe in, and more!

Lemonade2

Here’s a sneak peek at just a few of the eclectic and interesting characters you’ll get to meet (with quotes from the book by Mark Peter Hughes).

Stella aka Sista Stella: “Just because I knew I’d destroyed my chance I had of fitting in, didn’t mean I’d changed my mind about taking action.”

Charlie: ”But I’m terrible at writing. It takes me forever to get my thoughts organized. And I’m never sure how to begin either. So I guess I’ll just keep typing.”

Mohini aka Mo: ”As the only Indian person in the whole school, sometimes I feel I stand out like a nigella seed in mayonnaise.”

Wen: “I figured if I emulated the coolest, after a while everybody would assume I was cool too.”

Olivia: “Let me start off by saying that I don’t believe in accidents. I’d hate to think that whatever happens is simply the inadvertent outcome of a series of random events with no preordained purpose.”

Lemonade1 Though I couldn’t really compare myself with any one character, I did find that I was able to see a little myself in each one; from Stella’s opinionated personality to Olivia’s shy demeanor to Charlie’s unorganized thoughts. Each character’s personality contained a bit of me.

And what about the actors in the Lemonade Mouth movie? Well, we’ve got a quote from one of them too. Read on. . .

Bridgit Mendler compares her Lemonade Mouth character to Teddy in Good Luck Charlie.
Bridgit: My character is Olivia, the singer-songwriter for the band. She’s a shy girl before she meets all of these people. Teddy is more outgoing, she has lots of friends and she’s comfortable in who she is. They’re pretty different. I think both are kind of mature characters though.

The Disney Channel movie premieres on Friday, April 15. What do you think? Will you be watching it? Let us know in the Comments.

— Carly M., Ink Splot 26 Blogger

Bridgit Mendler Interview by Gerri Miller
Photos courtesy of Disney Channel

1. jgal101

BEST. MOVIE. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The songs are awesome,a nd I love bridgit Mendler here!!

2. Hope s

hi lemnade mouth and i am in 5th grade and i want to tell you that i am in 5th grade. i am so proud to see you. be End
    love;Hope S

3. j

I HEART THIS MOVIE SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! E/o was sooooooooooooooo good, and Wen is so diff. from Luther. It’s AWESOME!!! The songs are addicting, and I heart Bridgit Mendler here!!!! Plus Hayley Kiyoko and Naomi Scott were supercool :) , and Blake Michael is so CUTE!!!

4. grapesnegotiator2

i have seen the movie it was awsum I LOVE all their songs I still listen to them online their GREAT and I LOVE THEM

5. brandy

I LOVE <3<3<3<3 LEMONADE MOUTH i already seen the movie i can’t wait to see if there is a book and when i watched lemonade mouth i was drinking lemonade LOL :)

6. timetopartychick

i love the movie so much and i just wanna watch it over and over and i am surprised there was no kissing

7. jademermaid8

p.s my fav songs are breakthrough, high wire,deternimate, and more than a band. adam hicks is from zeke and luther. hayley kikyoko guest ster on it. bridget mendler is from good luck charlie and wizards of waverly place.

8. jademermaid8

i’ve watched it and its soooooooo great! i wonder if it’s a book,too.heres a preview.characters:bRIDGET mENDLER AS Olivia,Adam hicks as wen, hayley kikyoko as stella, naomi scott as mohina/mo,& blake michael as charlie. they al were in detention.they formed a band & became freinds. did songs together, had some trouble with a mean group(1 of them,mo’s boyfreind). its really gr8!!! hope u see it!!!!!!♫♪♫♪♫♪☺☺☻☻♥♥♂rock on!! press alt and #s to do the pics on keyboard.♀☺☻☺☻╥é+±21WRÜ

9. MONKEY

I LOVE LEMENADE MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. baby girl

that movie is so weird and i would nrver watch it agin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Emy-chan

I’m going to watch it! I love Bridget Mendler and I think she is very talented. If she’s in this movie, its going to be AWESOME! :)

12. mindless behaver

iCARLY is my favorite show to watch when i’m at my MAMA’S house you should try to watch it some time.

13. aaliyah 1

lemenade mouth Olivia is sweet stela u have spirit wen is a good rapper and charlie is a outstanding drummer

14. bri

Lemonade Mouth is a good movie featuring our favorite bridget Mendler and other favorites. They also have good songs we love.personally, I love all of them.I cant stop singin these songs.

15. L

The movie was SO good!!! At first,I just didn’t see the beggining, then I did.
    =) =) =) =) =) =) =)

16. Nyla

this movie was beast the songs were really good except the boy band
    MY CAR IS BETTER THAN YOURS EWWWWWWWW

17. shawnt

i watched the movie and there songs are cool and some of them are good coples they are really god singers

18. Alina

I like the song Dirmanate.Because they sing it really good.And they all look so great in that song too.I love you guys especially Stela and Oliva.You guys are the best group singers I ever listened too!!!!!!!!!

19. Katie

I love this movie my favorite actress was Mohini aka Mo she is so pretty and i love her character and my favorite song is determinate gooooooooooo lemonade mouth

20. skatingbiking1

probly one of the best disney movies since camp rock [and camp rock was awsome] p.s thanks for the cool interview stacks

21. pie cooker

I watched the movie and I think many kids can related to bullying at school just because they are alone. :(

22. prettyvampire1516

the movie was totally awesome and now i can’t wait till May for that new show to come out,”the amazing world of gum ball”on Cartoon network <3
    hey has anyone heard about the Coachella fest,well guess what Katy Perry,Ke$ha,and usher were at the festival
    Sooooooooo Coooooool!!!!!

23. YellowWave6

That movie looked so good! I hope it comes on Disney Channel again, because I missed the premiere of it while I was at basketball practice. Is it any good?

24. writingrocks2

I loved the movie!! The songs were really good. Brigit Mendler did great going from an happy, joyful charcter, to a depressed, outgoing character. Same thing for Adam Hicks. He did great going from a crazy chacter, to a little bit more mature charcter, focused on his love life.

25. forever6678

Sounds amazing!!! Oooh, right now, i’m watching the music video “Somebody” cause it keeps playin on the t.v. station I’m watchin right now….disney channel!!! Looks like it has a good moral.

26. Ella

I really don’t think that this looks like a very good movie, sure the songs are catchy, but do they actually have talent? There are alot better musicians like that. PLUS- it seems like there are a lot of tv shows or movies with this same storyline!

27. Emily M

For cutie3500′s “pop quiz”
    Q: One of the actresses in the movie played Velma in the Scooby-Doo movies and Stevie in Wizards of Waverly Place. Which one?
    A: Hayley Kiyoko

28. star500

i really want to see the movie but im going to e in south carolina and at the hotel they might not have disney channel on there but ill check this movie is going to be great

29. rhythmfreedom

Wow I can’t believe Disney is doing Lemonade Mouth!
    I read the book ages ago and loved it, so I really hope they do it justice.

30. chandler

Brigit does have a good voice but I just don’t won’t to see the Movie I think it is not that bad but sum parts are kind of dumb.

31. TruePrincessDaisyFan

I can’t wait to see the movie! Brigit has an amazing voice, and I think she’s perfect for the part as the lead singer!

32. Gigi

I don’t have disney and I DYING 2 watch this movie. I started reading thr book & it cool so far. I hate that i have 2 wait 2 c the movie. :(

33. FlippingGymnastics

I will be watching Lemonade Mouth :) Everyone at my school is talking about it, including the boys. I can’t wait ;D

34. ashly

i use 2 think it was a tv show!!!!!!!!and cool someone is from canada!!!!and sooooo ture it is US of A!!!!!!

35. 45chocalate

I’m looking forward to seeing the movie “Lemonade Mouth” Who else is as excited as I am???

36. Kelly

OMG that’s Blake? I knew him before from something else. Blake michael that’s the drummer. cute YES but hmmmmmm we’ll seeeee. I might read the book first but I will see the movie when it comes on TV.

37. ugly bob tornado 3000 with cheese fries

Very cool movie cant wait to see it. Looks like a “LOL” movie when does it come out.

38. NXT alpha rex 01101011101

Great! I might watch the movie but I’m not completly sure although the movie seems realy good. I agree with Sugar79 I can’t wait!
    -NXT alpha rex

39. justaprincess

I will sooooooooooooooooooo
    be watching that!!!!!!!!!!!
    But in Canada, it only premieres on the 22nd! :(

40. Andrea

It looks like a good movie. Too bad I don’t have Disney Channel on my tv. It’s nice that it’s based on a book.

41. hissingcat

although i havent seen it i cant wait to see it! In the commercials it looks awsome and it has some of my fave actors and actrices.

42. percyj99

I’m looking foreward to seeing it. I love the song “Someboody” from that movie.
    For cutie3500′s “pop quiz”
    A: Hayley Kiyoko

43. cutie3500

The song I heard sounds cool, so maybe the movie will be.
    Pop Quiz!