NCAA Basketball Tournament Trivia Answers
Last week I posted some NCAA March Madness Basketball Trivia. How many points did you rack up?
Answers are below:
- When was the first NCAA championship basketball game?
ANSWER: 1939. There were only 8 teams competing. The final game was Oregon vs. Ohio State, with Oregon winning.
- In what month does all the tournament "madness" kick off?
ANSWER: March. Hence the basketball term "March Madness."
- What are the Final 16 teams playing in the tournament known as?
ANSWER: The Sweet 16.
- What are the Final 8 teams known as?
ANSWER: The Elite 8.
- What team has won the most championship titles ever?
ANSWER: UCLA. They have 11 titles. They actually won 7 in a row from 1967-1973. Talk about a winning record!
- An NBA basketball game is played with 4 twelve-minute quarters. How is a college basketball game played?
ANSWER: 2 twenty-minute halves.
- What team did Michael Jordan play college hoops for?
ANSWER: University of North Carolina.
And that's a wrap! Until next season. Let us know your predictions for which teams will be in the Final Four next year! I'm rooting for my alma mater, Syracuse. How about you guys? Let us know in the Comments below.
—Ratha, Stacks Writer