March 28, 2011

April Fools’ Pranks

Posted by at 5:01 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow_pen April 1 is quickly approaching, a.k.a. April Fools' Day, the day when you have to watch out for all the tricks people will try to catch you with. Well, here are some ideas for tricks of your own.

The Greg Heffley! Add salt to a water bottle and offer your best friend a drink. (This is a prank that Wimpy Kid actor, Zach Gordon, tried on the set of the movie, but it backfired! Read the true story.)

The Rodrick! Replace the delicious white oreo filling with toothpaste, and offer them to your best friend. (Another true story! Zach Gordon fell for this one when Rodrick actor, Devon Bostick offered it to him on the set while they were filming the movie.)

Moldy Milk! Put green food coloring in the milk to make it look like it's moldy.

Wacky Wake Up! Take your sibling’s alarm clock, set for 2am. Then hide it somewhere in the room so she will have to search for it when it goes off in the middle of the night.

Cereal Switch! Take the inner plastic bags of cereal out of their boxes and switch them around into the wrong cereal boxes.

Epic Fail! Come home from school and pretend to be really upset because you failed a test. Let your parents freak out for a while before you say, "April Fools!"

Are you planning any hilarious pranks on your family and friends on April 1? We'd love to hear them! Leave your prank ideas in the Comments.

1. MEG

before ur mom n dad wake up, hide the tvs remote baterrys n replace it wit a pice of paper dat says APRIL FOOLS!!!!

2. Kailani

Well I already did this in 3rd grade:
    Let your best friend or your friend pull a prank on you and pretend you’re mad at him or her for the rest of the recess or the day.Then when your about to leave or line up or something like that,say “April Fool’s!”
    My friend named Gabriella(but we call her Gaby)was chasing me all around the yard after I told her it was an April Fool’s joke.It was hallarious.

3. beastlysaga1

Quartar:
    Take a quartar and glue it to the sidewalk in front of your house or in your garage. Then when someone (My Dad!) tries to pick it up scream, “APRIL FOOLS!”
    Snake!:
    Take a ruber snake and put it on the bottom of the pool, as you go out to the pool scream, “Snake!” and everyone goes berserk. As their planning how to get it out, fall(Geronimo!) into the pool. then say, “April Fools!”

4. deziree

i also know a trick that is great but you may get punished so take your parents shampoo dump it out somewhere safe perhaps in a cup and hide it than take orange juice and put that in the empty shampoo bottle(fyi make sure your parents are taking the shower that night)it is more like a prank than april fools but it is good!

5. deziree

what all the girls in my family do we tell people “you dropped your pocket” sometimes i say it fast,slow and sometimes i even point down works every time please try it never a f- always an A+

6. catcat164

heres one put a rubberband on the sprayer at your sink then when your mom/dad/brother or sister are up to wash there hands “spray” there all wet!! LOL!!!

7. kim 27

if you have a hose attached to your sink at home, rubber band the handle closed. it will spray the person. be sure to do it at night when it’s dark and the person can’t see. if you’re lucky, they won’t know what happened, and turn the faucet on again.

8. stephany

i apirl fooled my teacher saying i was going to move becuse nobody had apirl fooled her yet. i said it with a sad face. >:)

9. pinkie1230

for april fools day,put grose fake bugs under someones sheets & when tey go to bed they will get all freaked out.

10. tori

i played a trick on my mom before she played a trick on me
    i said my dog missy ran away she was like flipping out!!!!

11. Whopper24

Actually, two happened to me: When I got on the bus that morning, I started talking to my friends. And I’m like the last stop on my bus, and I live like in the the middle of a triangle, if you look at it from GoogleEarth, or from a plane. So the busdriver went on the loudspeaker of the bus, and said,” There is no electricity at the school, so I’m gonna take you guys back home.” And suddenly, everyone started screaming, and yipping that we’re going back home. I was actually worried, because my mom wasn’t home,so anyway, we went back to my house, and then the busdriver went back on the loudspeaker, and then yelled,”April Fool’s!” I was so disappointed! And the second one was that my whole class put a pinecone on the teacher’s chair! When she sits down, she doesn’t really look down to her chair, and this time she didn’t either! So when she sat down, everyone had their eyes on her, and then she almost yelled! It must’ve hurt! But atleast it wasn’t a pin, or a pushpin! Those were very funny! (But not the first one! That was disappointing!)

12. cathleen

i won the best pranking girl contest since i was 5 years old. try tricking your brother or sister older or younger. but deep down inside you can prank a lot of your friends

13. Miley6532

this might REALLY come in handy with my little sister!! She’ll fall for almost anything… unfortunately, SHE tricked me into thinking she got sick, and when I followed her to the bathroom, what she “threw up” was air!

14. MCM

I haven’t done much for last few years……. But my Dad told me that when he was in 4th grade, it was April Fools and the teacher pranked them! She started talking about how she had recived a letter that said that kids could only have 2 weeks of summer vaction and spring break! Everybody was totally beliving her!