March 28, 2011

April Fools’ Pranks

Posted by at 5:01 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow_pen April 1 is quickly approaching, a.k.a. April Fools' Day, the day when you have to watch out for all the tricks people will try to catch you with. Well, here are some ideas for tricks of your own.

The Greg Heffley! Add salt to a water bottle and offer your best friend a drink. (This is a prank that Wimpy Kid actor, Zach Gordon, tried on the set of the movie, but it backfired! Read the true story.)

The Rodrick! Replace the delicious white oreo filling with toothpaste, and offer them to your best friend. (Another true story! Zach Gordon fell for this one when Rodrick actor, Devon Bostick offered it to him on the set while they were filming the movie.)

Moldy Milk! Put green food coloring in the milk to make it look like it's moldy.

Wacky Wake Up! Take your sibling’s alarm clock, set for 2am. Then hide it somewhere in the room so she will have to search for it when it goes off in the middle of the night.

Cereal Switch! Take the inner plastic bags of cereal out of their boxes and switch them around into the wrong cereal boxes.

Epic Fail! Come home from school and pretend to be really upset because you failed a test. Let your parents freak out for a while before you say, "April Fools!"

Are you planning any hilarious pranks on your family and friends on April 1? We'd love to hear them! Leave your prank ideas in the Comments.

1. Mandy

its not April Fools day anymore but I did do a prank on my mom with the help of a few smart friends.I tricked my Mom into giving me her phone to show our family-friends my sister’s “party invitations” since she had a picture on them. Then an adult fam.-friend Mr.G. put one of my Mom’s best friends with his number so he put ridiculous things!! Then we said “April Fools! It was him!” She was soo shocked!!LOL

2. gottafeeling987

heres one: glue a dollar too the ground ( i think a 20$ bill) and when somebody walks by they will try to take it off the ground

3. gottafeeling987

Wow… you people need to come up with something good but them one with the salt in the cup was the far best i have seen so far…well bye!!

4. Amberwolf

Today was April Fools and I got pranked by the 7th graders. At my school, 6th graders put up the flag and 7th graders take the flag down. So my and and my friend went to put the flag up, but it wasn’t there. Neither was the key. Alex (my friend) and I thought the two other girls were already putting up the flag. So Alex and I walked outside and saw them no where in sight. We walked back in. The two girls were walking out of the sixth grade wing! They hadn’t even left their lead rooms!
    “Hey, you guys know where the flag is?” asked Alex.
    “Nope. It isn’t in the office?” asked Ally (one of the girls).
    “No, where could it be?” I wondered.
    All four of us walked to the seventh grade wing to ask the seventh graders where they put it. They told us it was in the Teacher’s Team Room. The Team Room is basically the where the teachers hang out at. So we all walked half way a crossed the school to the Teacher’s Team Room. We asked the teachers if they knew where it was but they all said they didn’t know. But one teacher said Mr.H (my lead room teacher) knew where the flag was. So we walked AGAIN a crossed the school.
    Mr.H said, “No, I don’t have it, I wonder where it could be… try Mrs. K’s room.”
    We want to the other side of the 6th grader’s wing and asked Mrs. K if she had ANY idea where it could be. She didn’t know.
    “Hey, are you guys looking for the flag?” asked a girl named McKenzie. We nodded, “YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN PRANKED! The 7th graders told me that they already put up the flag for you guys.”
    We all slapped our foreheads.Then we ran to the front entrance and saw some 7th graders coming form outside.
    “Hey give us the flag!” yelled Emily (the forth girl).
    “We don’t have it!” yelled a boy. He tossed us the key that opens a lock so we could put the flag up and down.
    “Hey look outside!” gasped Alex. The flags we already up! McKenzie was right! We all turned to face the 7th graders to see them running down the hall. “Well THAT was fun.” said Alex. We had been pranked and it was NOT fun!
    It turned out that almost every student in sixth and seventh grade and Mr. H knew about the prank…

5. Alana

April Fool’s Day is THE BEST prank day of the year! I think they should put a day like that every month!

6. owlgirl

I read about this one in a magazine. Tape the toilet paper roll shut with double stick tape. You could also make tape sticks of gum and offer them to somebody.

7. letsgo2play

Well, I was going 2 do a trick on my BFF (now my ex BFF-tell u about it later) but when someone played it on her 2day, she freaked and she hates the person. I her crush would tell her they were going out, then later we’d get her and say April Fools. No use doing it now.

8. Missouri

These are some good pranks, but have you thought of doing this move? Get a jar of warm water and fill it with yellow food coloring. Then pour the water into your siblings bed right before they wake up. Show your mother the yellow stains and watch your siblings reaction. Remember to say April fools or it could get out of hand.

9. envy121

try soaking someone’s toothbrush in lime or lemon juice overnight so when they wake up in the morning to a puckering suprise!

10. lordofawesomeness

This happened when I was like six, but my mom and i played a prank on my sister Ashley and my cousin Amanda. We preteneded that my mom was super sick!!! I got her some mini orange juice cartons and blankets, the whole SHABANG!!! Then we laughed “APRIL FOOLS!!!”, it was funny.
    Then last year right before my mom dropped my sister and i off to school we saw a Cat on our neighbor’s roof!!! We called my dad and said that there was a cat on the roof. he did NOT beleive us one bit!!!
    The the same day my mom got pulled over by a police officer because of one of her headlights were out. My mommom called at he same time so my mom told that she was pulled over. My mommom did not belive her one bit. My mom even got the police officer on the phone. Still did not belivene her!