March 28, 2011

April Fools’ Pranks

Posted by at 5:01 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow_pen April 1 is quickly approaching, a.k.a. April Fools' Day, the day when you have to watch out for all the tricks people will try to catch you with. Well, here are some ideas for tricks of your own.

The Greg Heffley! Add salt to a water bottle and offer your best friend a drink. (This is a prank that Wimpy Kid actor, Zach Gordon, tried on the set of the movie, but it backfired! Read the true story.)

The Rodrick! Replace the delicious white oreo filling with toothpaste, and offer them to your best friend. (Another true story! Zach Gordon fell for this one when Rodrick actor, Devon Bostick offered it to him on the set while they were filming the movie.)

Moldy Milk! Put green food coloring in the milk to make it look like it's moldy.

Wacky Wake Up! Take your sibling’s alarm clock, set for 2am. Then hide it somewhere in the room so she will have to search for it when it goes off in the middle of the night.

Cereal Switch! Take the inner plastic bags of cereal out of their boxes and switch them around into the wrong cereal boxes.

Epic Fail! Come home from school and pretend to be really upset because you failed a test. Let your parents freak out for a while before you say, "April Fools!"

Are you planning any hilarious pranks on your family and friends on April 1? We'd love to hear them! Leave your prank ideas in the Comments.

1. 44maplesyrup

awesome!!! i luv april fool’s day!!! i actually did the test failing one last year.my mom freaked!!!

2. Robyn

Comment 2:
    Here are pranks that don’t invove being deceitful (I don’t like April Fool’s Day for that reason)– relace shoes upside down, write on a roll of TP ‘Help! I am a prisoner in a toilet paper factory!’ ( be careful,you might get in trouble for that one), and for your friends, attach a dollar bill to a piece of clear fishing string and lay it on the ground, when a friend reaches for it, pull it away. Good luck!

3. Malissa

something to do for your sibling is to take plastic wrap and put it on their door frame. make sure the plasic wrap is smoothed out so you cant tell, just make sure noone suffocates!

4. Bob

When people come up to you and say, “Here, have some gum.” Don’t take the shocking part, but grab the prank and run away.

5. SF GIANTS FAN 283855

i am DEFINETLY going to try that cereal one on my parents! Thanks for these excellent ideas! Opening Day (MLB) is April 1, and one game that sticks out in my mind is Giants (SF) vs. dodgers (LA). GO SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS!! BEAT LA!!!!!!!! (i seriously cannot stress that enuff!!!!!)

6. Realucky

My favorite thing to do on April fools day is nothing. I love watching how anxious people get when they wait for you to prank them all day. they think it’s going to be something big because you haven’t don’t anything yet. If you don’t feel like not pranking you can also mess with your parents. Mainly Switch some stuff around between them and watch them gi crazy looking for something right in front of them. Corny but hilarious

7. ???

ok didn’t think anyone said this but now i realize someone did but fred and george weasley’s birthday’s friday! happy birthday :)

8. n

those are to easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. cutie3500

Oh, I didn’t know it was Fred (R.I.P.) and George’s birthday. Happy Birthday!
    To avoid falling for silly tricks like “You’re shoe’s untied”, go to a person who the trickster hasn’t spoken to and ask them for the truth.

10. tricia

i have two younger siblings who know when aprils fools is and i have no ideas. they know the difference between toothpaste and filling and they know all the other tricks because they already used them on me! what do i do?

1. s.w

my mom did this once. take a rubber band and tie it around the sink somehow so when you turn it on the water sprays everywhere!!!:) but you might get in trouble

11. Harlequin

Put a rubbber bug or snake on the chest of your mom or dad or siblings when they are sleeping so when they wake up as soon as they open their eyes they will see it. Just get out of the way if they start to go nuts! ♥ it!

12. friendlyalien

I think the idea about putting salt into the drink is really cool…I will surely try it out on my friends!!

13. Robyn

My all time favorite prank for a homeschooler. Don’t tell your sibs that it’s April first. Wait until bedtime to say ‘April Fools’! How not to be tricked.