March 1, 2011

Allie Finkle Inspiration

Posted by at 3:52 am in Authors, Trivia | Permalink

Questionmark_130 Welcome to Trivia Tuesday! One of the really awesome things about working at Scholastic is that I get to meet a lot of authors, and ask them questions about their books. (I know, I’m so lucky!!) The first time I met Meg Cabot, the author of Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls, one of the questions I asked her was:

Who is the character of Allie Finkle based on?  Alliefinkle

Your job today is to find out the answer! This is a pretty tough question, but the answer is somewhere on this site — from the lips of author Meg Cabot herself. So here’s a hint . . .

Good luck!

1. trendymaroon21

I love Meg Cabot she is so talented I love all her books Allie is the funniest person I have ever met

1. lilly

I know she is so talented. I love her books too and I mean a lot. I have all her booksand she is so funny!!!!!!!!

2. noorain

hey allie what’s up i have read all your books and they are amazing because it is girly and fun to read!!! also away from the books and on to boys and dating so what kind of boy do you like???? i really wanna know

3. WPoopy head

I love peanuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you like peanuts ????? P)

4. Kayla

I love you Allie tinkle your books speak to me in a way know has every done so thank very much and make more book please

5. First Name Only or STACKS username

I love your books they are, they are amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. ZOZO

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

1. HAYLEY

I DO TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. AMBERCAT

I love Allie Finkle.
    I don’t know where Meg Cabot finds inspiration but its great.
    You should read princess diaries too.

8. aquaart1315

I think it’s based on Meg Cabot at her experience of moving schools and into a new house and how much drama there was in her life.

9. alexis

Mr. S i am just a big fan.and i love your books about the solar system.and i have all of your writing books,and i just love reading your books. your #1 fan alexis.

1. Fernandes

Unless you are going to a place like MIT and studying sotmheing very specific like molecular engineering, then college is a piece of paper that says you were disciplined enough to go to class and pass tests. Go wherever you can get a scholarship. If you can’t get a scholarship, go to an in-state college with the lowest tuition.The best place to go is the place that allows you to walk away with a degree and the least student loan debt.I had a 2.1 GPA in high school and graduted college with a 3.4 GPA.More than likely, only your first entry-level job will be depend on your grades in college. After that, it is mostly based on work experience and career goals.

10. greenkoala39

Without reading the books or watching the video, somehow I just knew Allie Finkle was based on the author herself. I’m not quite sure whether I’ve watched the interview with Meg Cabot, but even if I have, it was a long time ago. So, I guess I just remember it, or knew it. The answer, I mean. ;)

11. Hannah

It is based on what Meg Cabot experienced when she was nine. I do reccomend this book because it is just good!:)

12. miss_pretty

ok….so…allie finkle is based on meg cabot and allie’s like is somewhat like meg cabot’s life…is it rit?