January 3, 2011

Writing Prompt: Winter Bear

Posted by at 10:04 am in Create a Caption, Writing Prompt | Permalink

CreateacaptionIf you live in the northeast U.S., chances are you were hit by the giant snowstorm that rolled in the day after Christmas. My town had 2 feet of snow, and some towns near me had 30 inches. My friend who lives in New York said that snow removal was so slow, that the kids on her city street built a snowman in the middle of the street! Hmmm. Fun with blizzards.

Well I took this opportunity to position my favorite bear atop the mountain of snow outside my house. Some of you may remember him in much warmer days from this Create A Caption blog. But now, like all creatures, he has to adapt to the cold weather.  Winterbear

What do you imagine he is thinking? Create a Caption in the Comments below!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. AmazingDance9

hey that teddy bear looks every cold brr. friend me look up amazingdance9 on the stacks. 2 Christmases ago we only had 9″ of snow.

2. Kaitlin

Hey, he dressed me in a cap and now he put on another hat. Who does he think I am, Santa!!!!! I wouldn’t mind if he left a jacket out here.

3. Kylie

“burr” i’m cold can somone bring me some hot coco i’m freezing out here and can somone bring me back to the bed where i belong!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. layla

i may be a christmas bear but… really how DOES santa wear this hat?! im FREEZING get me in i want a hot cuppa chockolate!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

5. owlgirl

” All I want for Christmas is a pair of snowpants” to the tune of all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.

6. laz_21

omg that is very snowy on what ever place you are at because i know that the people who live overf there they are freezing how snowy it is out there in your life right now ?????$$$$

7. halow27

my butts on FIRE GET ME OFF CRAZY HUMAN!!! ITS SOOO COLD YOU ARE SO LAZY GET ME OFF OF THIS ICE BERG OF DEATH!!!GET ME OFF NOW LAZY HUMAN I DEMAND YOU!!(LOOKS AT GROUND) OOH A PEANUT(LOOKS BACK AT RATHA M.) GET ME OFF OF THIS ICE BERG OF AGONY

8. peacepartner

i guess that bear wants a longer christmas! now thinking about it i want winter break to be long than it was

9. 51dotfeg

” Open up the barn door, kick out the snow, I am the bear from the USA. Turn up the radio, what do ya hear?
    Santa singing Snow bells ring. With a S-N-O-W! S-N-O-W! Were gonna let it snow all day and night!”

10. rainbow unicorn 13

that is the cutest picture i have ever seen! he is thinking “how did i get out here? i’m supposed to be hibernating. help me mommy!”

11. sara

I’m supposed to be inside now but I’m enjoying myself to much!!!!!!!!!!
    wait what!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh……….. I got to go my mom made me hot coco and who would skip that!

12. Rena

Anyone who got snow is sooooooooooo lucky!!
    where I live it it’s supposed to snow, but we didn’t have any for christmas.
    In case my state was removed by moderators, think skiing.

13. Amorahh

He’s probably thinking
    I will SURVIVE
    I will SURVIVE
    as long as I know how to love I know i’ll stay alive
    oh who am I kidding I’m COLD!!

14. 10188324

that bear looks sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute u should take him inside brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

15. yo

The bear is probably thinking you know, pepole can be weird. BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. HermioneGranger10

HELPPPP!!!!!! I cant get up!!!! someone one help me! ANYONE!!! I don’t care if your jack frost or santa claus! it’s cold out here!!!

17. Yogi Shannon P.

HEY!!!!!!!! WHERE YOU GOING??? YOUR THROWING A HOT COCO PARTY WITHOUT YOUR FAVORITE BEAR!!! YOUR”RE MEAN!!! Remember YOU called me KING OF THE SNOW!!! BOHO! I want to come too! OHNO! THE GARBGE TRUCK! HE WILL THINK I AM GARBGE!!! I DO NOT WANT TO BE GARBGE! I DO NOT WANT TO BE STINKY! WHAT??? HE REALLY THOUGHT I WAS GARBGE! BYE LIFE!

18. 1LunaLovegood1 and 24RoaldDahl24

I’m Santa Bear ho ho wow this is cold Ratha i prefer when you hug me better and if you want me to stay give me better clothes and hot cocoa and some friends oh a jar of honey too and pooh the bear! Is that too much?

19. SP

Brrrr! It’s cold OUT HERE! Please help ME!!!!!!!!!! I’m not a real bear! Hey! SANTA, What am I getting for Christmas! NOTHING!!! Please bring me inside I want HOT COCO!!! I’m MAD!!!

20. S

He’s making a list.He’s checking it twice.He’s gonna find out who’s naughty or nice.Santa bear is coming to town!

21. M

It is so cold out here and also im out here all alone. What the heck? Why did you put me out here?You are a dangerous man.What the heck were you thinking?

22. spongebob

merry late christmas this is your present my comment was suppose to be a christmas card anyways bye hahahahahahaha P.S tell Santa i said hello eventhough it is a little late for it

23. stakenshake

IT IS COLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Coltsfootball

I LOVE aniamls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. stonefairy

I remember this bear! He’s very cute. Maybe he’s thinking ‘Perhaps I should have put on snowpants before I came out here… my behind is cold’.