January 11, 2011

Middle School Survival Scavenger Hunt

Mss_130 Middle School Survival Scavenger Hunt

Aah, middle school. For me, the memories blend together. I got glasses and braces in the same year (6th grade was cruel!), drifted in and out of cliques, awkwardly stumbled through school dances and crushes, and didn’t make the cheerleading squad. I’m still convinced it was rigged! The coach’s daughter and her friends were all on the squad. . . hmm.

Anyhow, I’m completely over it now, as you can see. And sometimes the best way to make it through the drama is to laugh about it! That’s what the Middle School Survival series by Nancy Krulik does. If you’re not already familiar with these books, check ‘em out. The main character, Jenny, struggles through BFF betrayals, secret admirers, pep squads, snow days, rumors, summer camp, and of course … embarrassing moments.

So test your (middle school) survival smarts in this Scavenger Hunt below. You’ll find the answers by searching around the different sections on the Middle School Survival site. See how many answers you can get. But don’t worry, it’s not graded!

1. Name the first three books of the How I Survived Middle School series.

2. In the past TOP 10 lists, what ranked as the #1 Favorite Breakfast Food?

3. Ok, I couldn’t resist another Top 10 list Q. They are totally addictive. What ranked as the #1 Favorite Cartoon Character?

4. Create your own Tip. The night before a big test, you should _____. Fill in the blank with your own advice!

5. Which section features real kids’ most embarrassing stories that you can rate with 1 being “Not Too Bad”, and 5 being “Ugh, the Worst!”

6. Create a Crush! What is his or her name?

7. Play the M.A.S.H. game. What will your job be? How many kids will you have?

8. What is the name of the science camp Jenny and her friends go to in book #10 Into the Woods? (HINT: check out the BOOKS section.)

Come back next week for answers. Until then!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Anonymous

#1 Can you get an F in Lunch?,Madame President,I Heard a Rumor #2 pancakes #3 Spongebob Squarepants#4 already of studied! Just go over every thing 2 or 3 times and see if you know the stuff.if not keep studying! #5 Hall Of Shame ( thats soooo embarassing!)#6Wesley#7Vet andhave 8 kids#8Camp Einstien

2. First Name Only or STACKS username

I would just like to tell u that benji Marshall is the best person ever and I wish he could be my future husband.he is a professional footy player.middle school survival is awesome!!!!!!!

3. Jenna

Here are my answers: 1:Can You Get An F In Lunch? Madame Predisent I Heard A Rumor 2:Pancakes 3:Spongebob 4:Study and get a good night’s sleep. 5:Hall Of Shame. 6:Peter. 7:Enviromentilest, 1. 8:Camp Einstien

4. reem

1Can You Get an F in Lunch?,Madame President, I Heard a Rumor
    2 pancakes
    3 Spongebob Squarepants
    4 study
    5 hall of shame
    6 zane
    7 1 kid,stylist
    8 Camp Einstein

5. Proudeagle1

Ican name EVERY HISMS book in order! 1Can U get an f in lunch 2madame pres. 3i heard a roumor 4the new grl 5cheat sheet 6ps i really like u 7whos got spirit 8its all downhill from here 9caught into the web 10into the woods 11 wish upon a star 12 i thought we were friends special how the pops stole christmas! whoo!

6. delightedathena1

1. Can You get an F in Lunch?, Madame President, and I heard a Rumor.
    2. Pancakes
    3. Spongebob
    4. STUDY!
    5. Hall of Shame
    6. Kyle
    7. Singer, 3
    8. Camp Einstein!!!!

7. CRAZYFASHION4

ive never read any of the how i survive middle school series but looking at these comments and post I SERIOUSLY need to!!

8. samadhi

When ever something horrable or emberessing happens to me i laugh at my self. I think the best thing to do in life is just ignore it becaus life is to short to be worring about stuuf like that

9. pink

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee HOW TO SURVIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL books! They are some of the best books out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. ariana

hi if you whant to survive heres things you got to know. 1be yourself 2 dont be shy go and meet people 3were bright colors4 when things are bad try to chance the subject4 keep proses 5 dont cheat at anything 6 tell the trouth 7 dont be a pop.8 trust people but not the pops.9 when seeing a crush dont go crazy.10 dont make a fool of youself.11 dont be gross12 make jokes13 study hard14 go over your work15 do your homework16 drive home with a resop[alble person not yourself.

11. 32brownies

1. Can you get an F in lunch?, Madame President, I heard a rumor
    2. Pancakes
    3. Spongebob
    4. Study hard, then get a good nights sleep
    5. hall of shame
    6. teacher, 2
    7. Danny

12. Brianna

Hey.Ok I cant beleive that some people really made a Justin Beiber movie like cant you just listen to his music OR go see his concert.

13. Brianna

Hi,im in third grade in 3 years ill be in middle school.What do U mean middle school stinks?My aunt Sarah is in middle school.She says middle school rocks. Can you tell me 1-10 reasons why middle school stinks?THX!

14. Nicki

Middle School is survival, Just Like Me… I Didnt Have To Worry About Surviving Middle School. Because, I Have No Haters, Bascially Friends With Everyone At This Middle School. No, Im Not Popular, Well, I Have No Idea. My Life In Middle School Is Easy Getting Through. I Did Use To Wear Glasses, Never Had Braces, I Have Straight Teeth. I Wear Contacts. Middle School… Im A Skateboarder And Everyones Friend! ITS EASY TO SURVIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL! =]

15. most popular

i don’t know if this guy likes me my firend says he does and i hang out with his friend which always says i like him and makes me try to admit i do does that guy really like me or what

16. keke

this is one of my favorite books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. MEREDITH

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Naomi

im going to a superbowl party today!!! im going to a superbowl party today!!! at my friend’s house!!!! whos gonna win, packers or steelers??????

19. Naomi

1.can you get n f in lunch, madame president, I heard a rumor
    2.pancakes
    3.spongebob squarepants
    4.sleep well, study, and have a good meal
    5.hall of shame
    6.cody(or something like that…)(real crush:david im not saying his last name!)
    7.plumber, 2 kids
    8.camp einstein

20. ANYA

I LOVE AT READ A SHOLASTIC NEWS AND THE STICKY SITUATION HOW EVER I LOVE WHAT THEY PUT IN THERE ABOUT MYSTERY PHOTOS I CANT STAND NOT READING A SHOLASTIC!!!!!!!!

21. 51dotfeg

I am now a Middle school kid! But, I don’t have to deal with this stuff ’cause I go to school Online. I am in 6th grade in 3 subjects and 7th grade in Science! It rocks!!! And you don’t have to deal with Bullies!!

22. lolgirl1998

i may only b 13 but i can tell you anything about middle school…….
    but i thing that stinks is that the popural kids get 2 chuse if u r popural or in the looser group……..
    is there something wrong with that???? ://

23. lolgirl1998

middle inst that hard 4 me that is mayb cuz i am doing an oline progam and not get judge. but there r some kids that get made fun of.
    but 1 important thing is to b ur self and not somebudy u r not (belive me i have been that) lol
    later

24. michelle

1. Can You Get an F In Lunch?, Madame President, I Heard A Rumor.
    2.Pancakes
    3.Spongebob Squarepants
    4.Study hard and get a good night’s sleep.
    5.Hall of Shame
    6.Tre
    7.scientist, 1 kid
    8. Camp Einstein

25. lolgirl1998

i am homeschooled i do a porgram with all kinds of kids all around the world. but it is an online school but it is kinda like plublic school you go on fild trips with class mates and can have Class contects online you have bout 2 teachers in elenmentry and in middle school u have a teacher 4 ever class it is pretty cool i like it i am in a Class contect rite now lol
    later

26. Elysiax

This is so crazy because i love rihanna she is crazy to i saw her live she made i even met her pixie lott was with rihanna she made my heart drop of love katy perry is tottaly crazy i love them both.

27. lianne&elysia

I love this its so crazy and it is a very good explamation.I really enjoyed the website kids games even though i am a teenager because i am crazy totally i mean it.

28. emily

hey i lov eur books and i am going through some trouble with my best friend she totally egnores me when i talk to here

29. Carissa

1. Can you get an F in lunch, madame president, I heard a rumor.
    2. Pancakes
    3. Spongebob
    4. Study extra hard
    5. hall of shame
    6. Xavoir
    7. Singerm, 0
    8. Camp Einstine

30. Doodlebug

1. Can you Get an F in Lunch?, Madame President, I heard a Rumor
    2. Pancakes
    3. Spongebob Squarepants
    4. The night before a big test, you should study.
    5. Hall of Shame
    6. Brian
    7. Doctor, 1
    8. Camp Einstein

31. monkey14567

1)can you get an F in lunch,madume president,I heard a rumor
    2)pancakes
    3)sppongebob squarepants
    4)always study wether you think you know the answer or not
    5)hall of shame
    6)Issac
    7)bball couch and 2 kids
    8)camp Einstein

32. Ginny Potter619

1.Can you get a F in Lunch, madame president, i heard a rumor.
    2.pancakes
    3.Liza from “The Simpsons”
    4.The night before a big test, you should call your bff, do some studying and tell your parents your going to the park going to the park at night is very relaxing.it could even help you relax and chill about your test.
    5.Hall of shame
    6.Jacob
    7. i will be a doctor and i will have 8 kids
    8.Camp Einstein

33. Isabel

1. Can You Get an F In Lunch?, Madame President, I Heard A Rumor.
    2.Pancakes
    3.Spongebob Squarepants
    4.Study hard and get a good night’s sleep.
    5.Hall of Shame
    6.Nathan
    7.scientist, 1 kid
    8. Camp Einstein

34. Alexis

1.Can You Get An F in Lunch?,Madame President,I Heard a Rumor
    2.Pancakes. Mmmm!
    3.Spongebob
    4.Study,study,study.
    5.Hall of shame
    6.Issac
    7.actress,2 kids.
    8.Camp Einstien.
    I love HISMS! I’m up to book #3.

35. Cooly 11

1. Can you get an F in lunch?, Madame President and I heard A Rumor.
    2.Pancakes (yum)
    3. Spongebob Squarepants (you gotta love that guy..)
    4.Study and get a good might’s sleep!!!
    5. Hall of Shame
    6. Mark
    7. I will be an artist with 2 kids. (Can’t wait!)
    8. Camp Einstein

36. stonefairy

Not to be annoying or anything, but the Top Ten has been the same thing for like a half a year… perhaps could it be changed? Thanks, and I haven’t read Middle School Survival but they look like really fun books and I think I’ll try them!

37. Starrninjarawr

1) Can You Get an F in Lunch, Madame President, I Heard a Rumor
    2) Pancakes
    3) Spongebob Sqaurepants
    4) Study hard
    5) Hall of Shame
    6) Charlie
    7) Teacher, 2 kids
    8) Camp Einstein
    I LOVE Middle School Survival!

38. 51dotfeg

I am in Middle School but, Home-schooled.
    1.Can you get an “F’ in lunch?,Madame President, and I Heard a Rumor
    2.Pancakes
    3.Spongebob Square-pants
    4.Study extra hard, then get a good night sleep.
    5.Hall of Shame
    6. Justin Bieber LOL! That was the first thing the popped into my head……
    7.Veterinarian, 2 kids (2 girls).
    8.Camp Einstein
    I have my own questions but, for the M.A.S.H game.
    1. What car did you get?
    Mine was a Black Mustang.
    2. Where would you live?
    Hollywood,California
    3.What animal would you have? Dog
    4. Where will your honeymoon be? Paris
    5. Where will your wedding be? Disney World (Lol)
    Thanks!