January 11, 2011

Middle School Survival Scavenger Hunt

Mss_130 Middle School Survival Scavenger Hunt

Aah, middle school. For me, the memories blend together. I got glasses and braces in the same year (6th grade was cruel!), drifted in and out of cliques, awkwardly stumbled through school dances and crushes, and didn’t make the cheerleading squad. I’m still convinced it was rigged! The coach’s daughter and her friends were all on the squad. . . hmm.

Anyhow, I’m completely over it now, as you can see. And sometimes the best way to make it through the drama is to laugh about it! That’s what the Middle School Survival series by Nancy Krulik does. If you’re not already familiar with these books, check ‘em out. The main character, Jenny, struggles through BFF betrayals, secret admirers, pep squads, snow days, rumors, summer camp, and of course … embarrassing moments.

So test your (middle school) survival smarts in this Scavenger Hunt below. You’ll find the answers by searching around the different sections on the Middle School Survival site. See how many answers you can get. But don’t worry, it’s not graded!

1. Name the first three books of the How I Survived Middle School series.

2. In the past TOP 10 lists, what ranked as the #1 Favorite Breakfast Food?

3. Ok, I couldn’t resist another Top 10 list Q. They are totally addictive. What ranked as the #1 Favorite Cartoon Character?

4. Create your own Tip. The night before a big test, you should _____. Fill in the blank with your own advice!

5. Which section features real kids’ most embarrassing stories that you can rate with 1 being “Not Too Bad”, and 5 being “Ugh, the Worst!”

6. Create a Crush! What is his or her name?

7. Play the M.A.S.H. game. What will your job be? How many kids will you have?

8. What is the name of the science camp Jenny and her friends go to in book #10 Into the Woods? (HINT: check out the BOOKS section.)

Come back next week for answers. Until then!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. Carissa

1. Can you get an F in lunch, madame president, I heard a rumor.
    2. Pancakes
    3. Spongebob
    4. Study extra hard
    5. hall of shame
    6. Xavoir
    7. Singerm, 0
    8. Camp Einstine

2. Doodlebug

1. Can you Get an F in Lunch?, Madame President, I heard a Rumor
    2. Pancakes
    3. Spongebob Squarepants
    4. The night before a big test, you should study.
    5. Hall of Shame
    6. Brian
    7. Doctor, 1
    8. Camp Einstein

3. monkey14567

1)can you get an F in lunch,madume president,I heard a rumor
    2)pancakes
    3)sppongebob squarepants
    4)always study wether you think you know the answer or not
    5)hall of shame
    6)Issac
    7)bball couch and 2 kids
    8)camp Einstein

4. Ginny Potter619

1.Can you get a F in Lunch, madame president, i heard a rumor.
    2.pancakes
    3.Liza from “The Simpsons”
    4.The night before a big test, you should call your bff, do some studying and tell your parents your going to the park going to the park at night is very relaxing.it could even help you relax and chill about your test.
    5.Hall of shame
    6.Jacob
    7. i will be a doctor and i will have 8 kids
    8.Camp Einstein

5. Isabel

1. Can You Get an F In Lunch?, Madame President, I Heard A Rumor.
    2.Pancakes
    3.Spongebob Squarepants
    4.Study hard and get a good night’s sleep.
    5.Hall of Shame
    6.Nathan
    7.scientist, 1 kid
    8. Camp Einstein

6. Alexis

1.Can You Get An F in Lunch?,Madame President,I Heard a Rumor
    2.Pancakes. Mmmm!
    3.Spongebob
    4.Study,study,study.
    5.Hall of shame
    6.Issac
    7.actress,2 kids.
    8.Camp Einstien.
    I love HISMS! I’m up to book #3.

7. Cooly 11

1. Can you get an F in lunch?, Madame President and I heard A Rumor.
    2.Pancakes (yum)
    3. Spongebob Squarepants (you gotta love that guy..)
    4.Study and get a good might’s sleep!!!
    5. Hall of Shame
    6. Mark
    7. I will be an artist with 2 kids. (Can’t wait!)
    8. Camp Einstein

8. stonefairy

Not to be annoying or anything, but the Top Ten has been the same thing for like a half a year… perhaps could it be changed? Thanks, and I haven’t read Middle School Survival but they look like really fun books and I think I’ll try them!

9. Starrninjarawr

1) Can You Get an F in Lunch, Madame President, I Heard a Rumor
    2) Pancakes
    3) Spongebob Sqaurepants
    4) Study hard
    5) Hall of Shame
    6) Charlie
    7) Teacher, 2 kids
    8) Camp Einstein
    I LOVE Middle School Survival!

10. 51dotfeg

I am in Middle School but, Home-schooled.
    1.Can you get an “F’ in lunch?,Madame President, and I Heard a Rumor
    2.Pancakes
    3.Spongebob Square-pants
    4.Study extra hard, then get a good night sleep.
    5.Hall of Shame
    6. Justin Bieber LOL! That was the first thing the popped into my head……
    7.Veterinarian, 2 kids (2 girls).
    8.Camp Einstein
    I have my own questions but, for the M.A.S.H game.
    1. What car did you get?
    Mine was a Black Mustang.
    2. Where would you live?
    Hollywood,California
    3.What animal would you have? Dog
    4. Where will your honeymoon be? Paris
    5. Where will your wedding be? Disney World (Lol)
    Thanks!