January 14, 2011

Kenton Duty from Shake It Up

Posted by at 4:43 am in Celebrities | Permalink

KentonDuty_CarolineSunshine If you watch Shake It Up, then you know that Kenton Duty plays Gunther, a unique, theatrical and ambitious dancer from a fictional country. His taste in clothes is loud and catchy and celebrates his love of performing, in other words – flashy! We got to talk to Kenton Duty to see what he is like in real life.

Q: What’s your favorite thing to do when you have time off?

Kenton: I like to read. I also like to play my guitar, write music, and sing. I really have some great friends. So, hanging out with them is always fun. And, I really enjoy hanging out with my cousin, Sarah. She is one of my best friends. I also enjoy cooking and baking with my parents.

ShakeUP
Q: A perfect day would include?
Kenton: Playing my guitar and singing the music I am co-writing. I am working with some amazing people. I would also enjoy being outside and getting any kind of exercise! Then, I would want to put in a few hours of dancing! Then, I would end the day eating a great meal, with dessert of course.

Q: What is your favorite book of all time? Eragon _12713035
Kenton: I LOVE to read, so this is a hard one for me to narrow down to! The Eragon series was great. I reread it several times! One reason I would recommend it to a friend is that the author, Christopher Paolini, was only 15 when he began writing the book. It shows all of us that if we put our heart and efforts into our passion, we can work toward our dreams!

Q: Favorite digital toy?
Kenton: I like my i-Pod. I load the music I am working on, so I can listen to it and work on it no matter where I am. I also use it to chill when I am preparing for the day. I have a variety of music genres on my iPod. So, there is no telling what I might be listening to when you see me! My family loves to take pictures. So, we usually have a camera or two with us. It is fun. My sisters and I got the bug from my parents. It is fun, too, because we may all have a different idea on the same picture. It really shows you how individualistic everyone can see the same thing.

Q: What is one thing you wish everyone would do to make the world a better place?
Kenton: Well, one thing would be to be nice to others. My parents taught me from a young age to think of others before yourself. And I have found that when I do that, I am a much happier person.

Q: Is there a social or political issue that is particularly close to your heart?
Kenton: I like to support issues that can help other kids. I like to help where there are kids who are sick or who may not have school supplies for their classroom. I also like to help with kids that have come from abusive homes. I also support local homeless shelters that help rebuild families.

Q: What has been your biggest challenge in life?
Kenton: My biggest challenge so far has been juggling schedules. Between acting and music, there are a lot of appointments. Then, you add school on top of that, it gets to be pretty jumbled. I am planning to attend college when I graduate from high school. So, school is very important to me, and the grades and preparation are very important to me.

Q: Do you have any pets?
Kenton: I have a pet Guinea Pig. His name is Peanut. The funniest thing he does is how picky/spoiled he is with his food. He will spit food out of his cage that he doesn’t like. He will also throw a fit if he wants pears and you give him apples.

Q: What is your greatest fear?
Kenton: My greatest fear is being around a snake. I really do not like them!

Q: If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
Kenton: My family and I love the beach. So, I would love to live on a beach. . . on one of the Hawaiian Islands, or in the Caribbean!

Q: Describe yourself in three words.
Kenton: Fun-loving, caring, dedicated.

Q: What is the most important thing you want fans to know about you?
Kenton: I really appreciate the support I have received from fans. I also want fans to know that it is important to share your dreams with your parents and others. My motto I like to share with others is to “Dream Big.”

Interview by Marie Morreale
Images courtesy of Disney Channel

1. Natalie

i think kenton is awesome!!!!and he is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo so so cute.he rocks.im his biggest fan!!!!!!!!

2. Shake It UP!

People, he does NOT speak like that in real life, if you want to hear him in real life click the hyper link Kenton Duty above and he will be recommending the Eragon series on Scholastic

3. Brianna Z

I think you are soo cute I think when you play gunther you are cuter then any guess star evn cuter then that justin star dude you are wayyyyyy cuter

4. Tipi

I love U kenton! I didnt Know u were so cute in rl and U could talk regular. I love u Kenton And tell ur twin sisters that I am 11 too Are we all 11 if we are that would be wierd lol Love u Kenton AKA Gunter. Gunter and Tinka I love u Guys! And my favorite quote: Heyy Babyyy! lol Love u Kenton!!!!!!!

5. haley

i would like to hag out with him a lot i love him danceing a lot his a ok i wish i know and can see him in real life cause he is cool to out with good job and i love your sitter on skake it up!!!! love you ;)

6. cuttiepie1999

shake it up is my show gosh i watch it everyday i loooooovvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeee shake it up..

7. stonewallstar

u would totally look better in actually cool clothes. Mention to your producers to give you even more sparkle/glitter on your (costumes) clothes.

8. 8567 4eva

4 da grl who wantz his pic u do noe u can git it online rite….ohhhh nn i finally watchd da show…..I thought it stunk!!!!

9. ARIES

hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Raquel

Seriously?! i want some pics of Zandaya n’ Bella for my desk top!!!!!!!!!!! This is sooooooooooooooooo unfair!!!! i don’t want a pic of HHHHHHIIIIIIIIIMMMM!

11. Lovepup45

I would hang out wiff my bffl’s!!! I would get some excersize and stuff like that! But mostl I would hang out wiff me Friends!!!

12. IssyBell23

Gunther and Tinka are very weird characters. They are both forgien exchange students and doesn’t get along with Rocky and CeCe. Still these characters can be funny, but the show can be a bad influence sometimes!

13. Cece

my real name is cece fyi not fake anyways i go dancing with my best friends and then go to eat out really late with our bf

14. Rachel

Cool interview! I think you are way cooler in real life. I wish I could meet you all. I’m in ballet, I used to be in jazz. Next year I plan on being in hip-hop. Cool right? I hope you enjoy your job. I hope to be a writer soon. Wish me luck!!!!!!

15. nainai

i love the show shake it up i wish i look like rocky rocky brother went out with tinka tinka looked nice wen rocky bro went out

16. b

I’ve never seen Shake It Up. But it looks like a good show! Sounds like you have a good personality Kenton!! My favorite books are The Gone series! I recommend it.

17. PATRICIA

I LOVE WATCHING SHAKE IT UP MY BROTHER LOVES THE JAIL ONE HE STOPS AND SINGS TO THE MUSIC WHY DO U SPEAK LIKE THAT DO U TALK LIKE THAT IN THE REAL WORLD

18. ninjabb1017

I watch shake it up. It isa pretty cool show but him and tinka talk weird and are always doing weird things. But i agree with someone above you would look better in different clothes.

19. StarMagic

Hi! I think he is nice. I watch Shake It Up and did anyone see the episode where Gunther wants to change for a cheerleader? Have a green day! : )

20. lolasophie

i honestly would prefer cartoon network caus they dont act like some one thir not just so they can be famous or get people to like them caus c network is mostly cartoon.

21. bumblebee10

Hola!!!! I LOVE to watch Shake It Up!!!! It is the best show ever!!!! I like to watch Gunther and Tinka! They are super funny, and have a wierd accent! I like listening to their accents the best!

22. 51dotfeg

Isn’t the song Shake it up from the Beginning the like title entry song? That sounds like Selena Gomez singing. Is it Selena Gomez’s new song that is the mystery or am I mistaken.
    (P.S. I love the interview! Kenton rocks no matter his character on the show likes to much SPARKLES! Lol!)