January 24, 2011

Create a Caption: A Rose Is a Rose

Posted by at 11:47 am in Create a Caption, Writing Prompt | Permalink

CreateacaptionAs you may or may not know, the Scholastic headquarters are in New York City. A couple months ago, I went to one of my most favorite places in New York – an art museum. Here she is a sculpture of a giant rose. What do you guess this person is thinking?

Carly’s Create-a-Caption comment: “Hmm. . . I can’t tell if this statue smells like a rose or hand sweat?”

Jiyoung_statue
Leave your captions in the Comments.

— Carly M., Ink Splot 26 Blogger

1. BlueJade24

Girl:Um……This is weird?Why is it so HUGE?!Does it smell ALL rosey OR does it smell like Candy?*sniffs*OH NONE OF THEM!!!

2. bubblypink5

Hmmm…..I wonder if we could get this shipped to my boyfriend/husband. Or maybe its too big…..

3. Kaitlin

wow! It’s sooo big, I wonder if my boyfriend will get me one of these this valentines day? The real qustion is, is how would he get to fit on a small heart shapped box, unless he gets a gigantic box and fills it with small chocolates. Wow this is a big rose!

4. serena

“lalalalalalalalalalala, ohmagosh whats that!”
    “its a rose!”
    “ohmagosh, im allergic to roses!”

5. purplecat46

She is probaly saying “how could someone make something that big.
    To me it looks like it is made out of metal. i wonder what it is really made of?
    -confused-
    now that rose is gonna be on my mind until i found out what it is made of.

6. greenkoala39

*stares at flower* “How did I end up in a giant’s garden? On minute I’m at a museum, the next I’m in a garden…*looks around, to see other people and sculptures* oh. Never mind.”

7. spygirl248

There are other small roses that we aren’t scared of. But this rose must have fell on someone, got the bloody color, painted to remove the blood, and frozen to make it stronger.
    Bad idea!

8. Fluffytaco

“I wonder who grew this rose, because I’ve never seen a gigantic, silver rose that doesn’t smell before…”

9. Cute Swimmer

Well I think that she would be in awe well i would! she is probaley thinking on how big it is, that she has seen it befour this summer the first thing that came to mind was WOW that is hot to the touch than she thought how big it was. My caption would be ” this is relly relly BIG!”
    See Ya Cute Swimmer