December 27, 2010

New Year’s Resolutions

Posted by at 3:40 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_resolutionsNew Year’s resolutions

People always talk about New Year’s resolutions, but what does that really mean and how do you do it? A resolution is when you resolve or promise yourself that you will do something. The new year is a perfect time to think about changing some bad habits and making a fresh start for the new year. But how?

Here is my advice for making your New Year’s resolutions.

• Choose something you really care about. You have to actually want to do it in order for the resolution to work. If you really like your room messy, there is no point in resolving to keep it clean.
  • Choose something you can actually achieve. Getting straight A’s is a totally worthy goal, but if you’re failing every subject, you might first aim for B’s and C’s.
  • Make a step-by-step plan for achieving your goal. For example, to improve your grades, make a study schedule for each subject. List all your homework and tests and check it every day so you’ll be prepared.

So here is my New Year’s resolution: I resolve to train my cats not to scratch me.

• Is it something I care about? YES. I know they don’t mean to hurt me, but I’m sick and tired of getting accidentally scratched!
  • Is it something I can actually achieve? YES. I have been spoiling my cats and letting them get away with bad behavior, but if I change and show them that I don’t like it, then they will change, right?
  • Step-by-step plan:
  1. Buy a spray bottle and fill it with water.
  2. Spray the sweet, little monsters every time they come at me with their claws out.
  3. Repeat as necessary.

By Valentine’s Day, I will be scratch-free. . . I hope. How about you? What are your New Year’s resolutions and how will you achieve them?

1. p

i would really like to read that book because it show u how other people tryed hard and did what the wanted to and achevied thier goal.

2. Victoria

My New Year’s resolution is to try hard in school get good grades and stay healthy. ILUVVVVVVV my dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. baconmuncher

my new years resolution is to GAIN some weight. i will try to eat larger portion sizes of food while eating healthy at the same time. this is very important to me.

4. jada

My new years resolution is to pass fifth grade, have an awesome 12th birthday oct.28, and spend time with my friends and family.

5. Grandesong

To finish my book I’m writing.
    1. I seriously care about this.
    2. I can acheive it.
    3. Here is how I will acheive it:
    1. Every day, after homework, I’ll write for 15 minutes.
    2. On weekends I’ll write for longer.
    3. Repeat until I finish.

6. a-k-a-i-l-a-h

My new year’s resolution is to finsh school,get a jod,a house,become a famous woman basketball, get married, have about 1 or 2 kids, have a husand to live and love.My other 1 is to get my mom and my dad the money,love,home, and family to love and to be happy as can be.
    BYE.

7. IL2WHP(LH!!!)

My New Years Resolution is to stop biting my nails. Most of the time I wear nail polish, so that pretty much keeps my nails BITE-FREE. So my New Years Resolution=wear more nail polish, (to keep from biting my nails,) and to keep up with my sports training. I think I need to try more in my sports I do.

8. musicalgleek1199

My new year’s resolution is to finish my piano book,my practical theory of music book, and finish reading the 39 clues series. For my first resolution, I will practice my songs for half an hour every day. For my second resolution, I will do one page every day. for my third resolution, I will go to the library,and check out one book at a time.

9. mital

i don’t really know what my new years resolution will be but i REALLY REALLY REALLY want a dog and my parents wont get me one cause apparently ” im not responsible enough.” so i guess my new years resolution is to show my parents that i am responsible.

10. ilovepercyandmax

My resolution is to stop biting my nails.
    I care about this!
    I can achieve it!
    Step by step plan:
    1. Find a finger craft to do
    2. Do it while bored (I bite my nails when I’m bored)
    3. Keep my nails neat and clean

11. weirdo/hearts/weirdo

My new years resolution is to lose some weight.Is it something I actually care about? YES.In PE I ran for 3 minutes then I was tired. That was embarresing so much that my cheeks were red.Is it something I can actually achieve? YES. I can lose weight with diet and exercise. And if thats not enough I can just ask my grandma for help(she’s really skinny).
    Step-by-step plan:
    1.start by exercising alittle each day.
    2.then try not to eat as much as I normally do.
    3.keep repeating step 1 & 2 every day until I achieve the results I want.
    I WILL SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!