December 3, 2010

Keke Palmer

Posted by at 4:53 am in Celebrities | Permalink

Keke_130 Most of you know Keke Palmer from Nickelodeon’s True Jackson V.P., but did you know how she got her start? She originally pursued singing, then got the lead role in the 2007 movie Akeelah and the Bee. She also starred in the Disney movie Jump In with Corbin Bleu before she landed her series True Jackson. She’ll release her new CD next year. PLUS, she will be starring with Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton in a new gospel movie musical  called Joyful Noise. Since her mother was a choir director, and her father was a church deacon growing up, she said she feels right at home, and can’t wait to start filming. Read on to find out more about her show, movies, books, plus an exclusive Scholastic video!

Q: Is there gonna be another season of True Jackson V.P. after this one?

Keke: I’ll be finding out in January. We just finished the second season so I think January is when they let us know!

Q: What do you have planned for the near future?
Keke: Well hopefully I’ll be doing some more movies and stuff like that because I took a break from my movies for a while I was doing the TV show. So I’m looking forward to getting back into some more films while I’m on a break from the show.
Ratha: And her prediction is. . . TRUE! As per news mentioned above.

Q: Is there a character from a novel that you would most like to play in a movie?
Keke: That’s so funny that you just said that! Pop Princess! [by Rachel Cohn for ages 12 and up]. I would love to do that as a movie. It’s about this young girl that’s just getting into the music industry and her sister actually passed away. It’s almost a situation if you would think about Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson, [if] Michael passed away when she was younger. Something like that. And it’s just really cool. It shows her voyage about coming into the music business and all the temptations that come her way. I thought that’d be really interesting to do a movie like that.

Q: What are some books that have changed your life?
Keke: I’ll go back to when I was little, I’d have to say Mick Harte Was Here that was a really cool book to me. We read that in the third grade and I was really sad after I read that. Then Junie B. Jones which my little sister is really into now and I’ve read probably all of that collection when I was younger.
Ratha: Check out this video where Keke tells us what reading means to her.

Q: What is your favorite healthy meal?
Keke: Oh, I would have to say for breakfast (my makeup stylist actually got me onto this) – granola, yogurt and apples. It is delicious! Even though it’s healthy – it tastes so good to me!

Q: What was your favorite outdoor game when you were little?
Keke: Double dutch. Once I learned how to do it. It took me a minute to get the hang of it but when I learned how to do it, man I loved doing that! A lot of fun. When I went to Vacation Bible School, my sister and her friends used to always play it. All the older girls would and I’d try to get into it!
Ratha: I always wanted to learn how to do that!

Q: What do you do when you have free time on your hands now?
Keke: I usually go out with my best friend. We go to Santa Monica Promenade, or the Grove, or walk around Santa Monica Pier. Different stuff like that but usually we’re out, doing something. Ratha: For any of you non-LA folks, that’s an awesome area on the beach in Los Angeles! There’s a ferris wheel, shopping, restaurants and lots of fun hanging out on a pier jutting out into the Pacific Ocean. It’s also one of my favorite places to go when I’m in LA!

Q: Do you have a message for your fans? Something to inspire your fans?
Keke: Just to focus on what you’re doing and to keep you eye on the goal!

Q: Is there something about you that most people don’t know?
Keke: I can pick things up with my feet because I have really big feet! [laughs] I’m telling you like anything. When I get lazy and stuff like that I remember one time my dad was like “You need to clean up this house.” And I picked [stuff] up with my foot and he was like, “With your hand! With your hand!”

Ratha: Hmm… I see a new True Jackson episode focusing on Keke’s feet. Lots of exciting things going on for Keke! Drop us a line, and let us know what you think! Until next time.

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. olivia

p.s true jackson V.P isn’t all that great…i just watch it when nothing else is on T.V…..pls someone add me as a friend i am sad cuz i don’t have any!

2. nicandtric

keke i love your songs singing acting yea you good and you inspire other childern to not be afraid of the challenges thats coming off

3. fastreadergirl123

Guys don’t you think you might be hurting keke’s fellling’s when you say the show that takes a long time to make is boring.I love the movie Akeelah and the Bee.it was cool.

4. alexis7096

well true jackson v.p is so cool i just can’t belive that your on it.I just love your show.My favovite part is when Jennete Mcurdey(also know as sam on icarly.)I think you and her are so pretty!Well i guss you will write back so bye.

5. PeAcHtReE1

I abosoultly love her she is such a talented young lady I beleive she will be very very sucsesful in life!I am going to be watching the new gospal movie as soon as it comes out and for the people that don’t like her show that is theyre opinion about that and I dont have a problem with that :) I love true jacks a.k.a keke palmer

6. star500

I think that true jackson vp is a good show and it is funny. I think that she stars a really good character and I want to see that movie Joyful noise. Hey keke I really think youir great.

7. Fried Chicken 1

I think the show is pretty godd and I would love it if she makes more that would be awesome I wish we could do a live chat with her that would be awesome.

8. memesmile

her movies rock the house but show is a little off but its BORING. Your so right Whopper24 ill be your friend I’m new to

9. maddie2511

I agree with one of the post, True Jackson V.P. is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bbbbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. mulseny

hey keke palmer how you doin i like your shows its just that if you want more people to watch your show and like it you need to have it on more often on nick and to have new and humores and exciting shows to ! :)
    but dont worry its going to work out :)
    see ya on tv : peace :

11. timothy c

keke palmer is good actress is saw the movle akeelah and the bee it was a great movie however im not spoillng it can someone watching true jackson vp

12. timothy c

13. Lexi

I LOVE her histarirical show True Jacson V.P! she is a verry talented actress! and love her movie Akeelah and the bee! she is so pretty and talented!

14. Diya1998

Keke Palmer is a good actress. I liked her in the movie Madea’s Family Reunion, Barber Shop, and the Double Dutch movie!! I like her.

15. COOL0987

HAY KIKI I AM YOUR BIGGEST FAN EVER. IF DESIGN YOUR DREAM THEN I WANT THAT TO BECOME MY DREAM FOREVER.ALSO, I WANT TO BECOME A VP FOREVER BYEEEEEEEEE TTYL!

16. BR3

i really like true jackson but i dont get a chance to watch it . I don’t think it’s boring at all. PS LOVE U TRUE AKA KEKE PALMER.

17. cf16437

ithink true jackson vp is so awsomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Whopper24

for my last couple of posts i didn’t make sence because i said i liked true jackson, then i said i hated her well here is my answer…

19. lexi360

i think keke palmer is a good actor. I do not have time to watch True Jackson VP. But it looks funny. some people think it is boring but i think it is funny.

20. Whopper24

Hey guys! I’m going 2 answer raerae’s question(Y do u think its boring!)Because its too girly and it’s not funny! I bet some people would agree with me!!

21. Whopper24

Hey guys if anyone are friends with Roadrunner321, or WizardsofWaverlyPlace, please go on their profile, and then click on “Friends”, to see thier friends. Then look for, Whopper24, and can you please look at my profile, and add me as a friend?!?
    And I just Love True Jackson V.P.!!!
    -Whopper24

22. BareBear

I think Keke is a good actress, but the show True Jackson VP is kinda boring.
    Oh and BTW can some1 plez add me? I’m new 2 the community……

23. Whopper24

If u read my last couple of posts, u would agree with me right!?! I reccomend watching Big Time Rush!! James Maslow is MY guy!!

24. StarMagic

Keke Palmer is a good actress, I saw the movie Akeelah and the Bee. It was a great movie. However, I’m not spoiling it.

25. Whopper24

Can someone PLEASE add me to be their friend!?! I’m new 2 Scholastic.com! O! By the way, I don’t recommend watchingTrue Jackson V.P.!!

26. Whopper24

The only part of True Jackson V.P. that i like, is when Jennete Mcurdey(Also known as Sam on Icarly)was on the show. Other wise it was sooo boring!! It’s about a girl that was a nobody, then i don’t know what happened. She started working there, so she makes clothes.Is’nt that boring? On the show, it doesn’t even show her making clothes! So i don’t recommend the show.

27. Ashley263

TRUE JACKSON IS SO AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

28. crazyfrog97

Sorry, Keke, but True Jackson is boring. You should start a new show that is a little more exciting than True Jackson. I’d probably watch it!
    Sorry to burst your bubble.
    -Crazyfrog97

29. Alliestar

It a good Nick show.If you say something is boring you might hurt someone’s feelings!!!!! For the comments on top.

30. Payal

If you ask me, True Jackson VP is a girly show because of all the fashion stuff and because the two main stars are females. But sometimes the show is really funny (especially Ryan), and sometimes it’s kinda weird and has dumb episodes. I really like Lulu bevause she is so nice and spunky! I wish she was my best friend!!!