November 26, 2010

Voyage of the Dawn Treader Preview

Posted by at 4:52 am in Book to Big Screen | Permalink

Voyage0fDawnTreader Here I am at a special preview for the new Narnia movie coming out on December 10, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (rated PG). Those of you who know me, know the Narnia books have a special place in my heart, and I’m looking forward to seeing my old friend, Reepicheep on the big screen. Dawn_treader

To get here, I had to pass through security and have my name checked off an invite list in two separate entrances. Luckily my name was on both the lists, or they would have kicked me back out into the New York City traffic!

Once inside, I walked down this long red-carpeted hall with black-and-white pictures of old Hollywood stars, and then into a reception room with tables and plush red chairs. Everything was red! At this point I was kind of confused because I thought I was coming to a movie, not a fancy party, but then I saw the doors that open into the theater.

And it is the nicest theater I’ve ever seen! It’s kind of how I imagine if a really rich movie star had a private movie theater with big fat squishy seats. And now I’m settled in to watch the preview and hear the movie people talk about what it was like to make the film. Yay!

Narnia1
. . . 1/2 hour later. . . That was amazing! I’m not allowed to actually talk about the movie because it’s just early preview footage, and Reepicheep is not even all colored in yet — he’s only a computer generated shell! But I will say this — AWESOME! Of the whole Narnia series, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite book, and seeing it come to life is amazing. I especially love the scene where the picture of the Dawn Treader ship on the wall literally comes to life and sucks Lucy, Edmund, and the annoying cousin, Eustace, into the ocean with it. So cool! This was just a short preview, but I can’t wait to see the whole movie!

You can hear more about the movie from the stars themselves in these video interviews with Georgie Henley (who plays Lucy), and Will Poulter (who plays Eustace).

What do you think? Are you excited about this movie? Let us know in the Comments.

Images Courtesy of 20th Century Fox

1. shasmart

i dont think this movie is all that great. it might be to u. the picture is amazing, i wonder who took it.the adventure just makes me bord

2. fashionpopstar

I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!I wan’t to see it badly I mean BADLYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. popbubbles

cool!i love the books! i love Narnia’s movies, but i dont think any of the characters are cute.
    sorry demilovato100 and Payal

4. Moriah

I really want to see this movie…My favorite charactor is Repicheif, the cute little mouse! I have the books that are really good! and i have the first 2 movies! I LOVE Narnia

5. Darci101

i dont know how to send a shout out help im begging!!!! :_ :O o and i like the book i just can’t wait to c the movie

6. 1Jordan2010

I am going to get the movie when it gets a DvD. At first I think that the movie is not going to be good ,but I read all your books so I now it is going to be good.

7. weirdogal

OMG Cant wait 4 Voyage of the Dawn Treader….i thought Prince Caspian was last Narnia movie…i totally luv Peter

8. Lady Kris

I really enjoyed all the books, when i started reading them at the age of six. Thease books are well writen and teach good lessons without being dumb about it.The movie is going to be sooooo great and I am sooooo going to go see it. :)

9. bmw3bug

i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Canadian Jesus Freak
    Cahill Leader
    Proud Madrigal
    Awesome:D

10. Laurel

For Payal, the guy’s name is actually WILLIAM Mosely. :)
    I first read the books at five years and practically grew up with them. My parents say I must have some sort of condition, because in their view, I have a full fledged obsession with it. (Which I don’t. Sort of.) Anyway, of course I can’t wait for the movie! Who couldn’t?

11. 44maplesyrup

OMG i’m so excited for the voyage of the dawn treader!!! i LOVE all of the narnia books and i hope the movie’s as good as the book. i also kinda want to see the guy who plays edmund…:)

12. rachel

I love the Narnia movies!C.S. Lewis was such a inspirational, man of God and the movies are really well made and moving!i can’t wait the watch the 3rd one!!!!!!

13. Fleur07

I can’t wait to see the movie.Hope it’s good.I like the firts 3 books: 1.The Magician’s nephew 2.A Horse and his boy 3.The Lion,the witch,and the wardrobe. My favorite charcters are Aslan and the little mice.

14. Payal

I only like the book The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It’s really hard to understand the other books. But I really want to the see the movies. They are fun to watch! And Johnny Mosely, the guy who plays Peter is really cute!