As a writer, one thing people have always told me is that creating a good character is essential to creating a good story. They should have dimension and flaws, and you should be able to identify with them, even if they're not picture perfect. So love 'em or hate 'em, see if you can guess the names of these memorable book characters!
WHO AM I?
- My name is sort-of the opposite of "Moon Boy." I carry my pet rat, Cinnamon around in a bag on my shoulder. I don't care about popularity or fitting in.
- I spy on my friends and neighbors. I write my observations in a notebook. My classmates find my notebook, and now they all know my secret thoughts.
- I am a 12-year old boy. I live in a genetically engineered community where people feel no emotions. I am selected to be the "Receiver of Memories" from The Giver.
- I stole Christmas. I am not a happy creature. I was created by Dr. Seuss.
- I am a Slytherin. I was in love with Lily Potter. It is debatable whether I really wanted Harry Potter to live.
- I am a teenager from Ireland. I am a ruthless criminal mastermind. I have to battle fairies, pixies and other magical creatures to gain my fortune.
- I am Greg Heffley's older brother and I like to make his life miserable. Sometimes my dad does my homework. I am in an awesome rock band called Loded Diaper.
Leave your answers in the Comments below, and check back next week for answers!
—Ratha, Stacks Writer