November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Writing Prompt

Posted by at 3:10 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Writingprompt_thanksgivingWriting Prompt: What are you thankful for?

I am Thankful for my family. I am Thankful I had a mom who raised me with lots of love and good values. I am Thankful I was born in the United States. I am Thankful I got to go to college. I am Thankful I love my job. I am Thankful I don't have the chronic disease that runs in my family. I am Thankful for my failures because they made me stronger. I am Thankful for God. I am Thankful for good friends, good books, and good desserts.

There's a lot more I'm thankful for, but this is a start! With so many things going on these days that can be hard, sad, and thought-provoking in our lives, Thanksgiving is a good time to get thinking about some of those simple, basic things we have to be thankful for.

So whether simple, serious, or silly, drop us a line in the Comments, and tell us what YOU are thankful for.

Happy Turkey Day!

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

1. 5cake

I am thankful for my parents, cousins, house, food, school, friends, games, clothes, telivison , me,bed, cover, the news to tell pepole about servere weather, police, fire, fighter, hosbital, nures, and doctors .

2. greenkoala39

I am thankful for the fact that I have a good life, and good friends. I am thankful that I have good parents, and go to a good school. I am thankful for a lot of other things too, such as Harry Potter, and computers. I am thankful for everything, from pears to glue, from pencils to shoes. But the thing I am most thankful for is you. Ha Ha. That would make a great poem!By you, in this case, I mean The STACKS! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

3. Robyn

What am I not thankful for? God has a plan for my life, so I try to be thankful even for the trials he allows in my life. I’m thankful for Jesus, my family, friends, house, food, church, and the list goes on forever!

4. zinger14

I am thankful for having a family that loves me i am thankful for having shelter and having a roof over my head and think about the family that dont have all these things i am thankful for EVERYTHING !!!!!!

5. summer

i am thankful for family friends a home food water happiness money to do the things most kids around the world cant do and have people who support me on my decsions

6. B

I think it was good but they could have not put so many I AM THANKFUL FOR THIS OR I AM THANKFUL FOR that but it was good!!

7. petgirl33

I’m thankful for a cousin who understands me and will always be there for me! Im thankful that scholastic has sooooooooooo many great books aswell

8. Cailey

i do this in school and i thought it is very fun so i decided to go on the web site and see what its like and it wouldn’t let me go on mine by
    sincerly,
    Cailey

9. Ally

I am VERY thankful for my whole family and my best friend i am also thankful for the veterans and all they do for our country!!

10. s.snape2000

I am thankful for the medicines that helped stop my migraines.I am thankful for the Stacks:)I am thankful for my talents.I am thankful for my friends.I am thankful for God.I am thankful for getting to be in the school musical.I am thankful for lots of things:)

11. volleyball gymnast

I’m thankful for sports!!! And I also am thankful for my family and friends. O and thanksgiving break!!!

12. percyj99

I’m thankful for God, food (just not turkey, turkey is just plain gross.),books (esp. PJ&TO), my church’s youth pastor and his wife, PureNRG, Rick Riordan (WRITE FASTER! I need to know what happens at the Roman CHB!!!), everybody at Air1 (best radio station EVER!), the creators of American Idol and Dancing with the Stars, Neopets, and whoever invented chocolate. There is so much that I am thankful for I could fill a whole continent, but I won’t, because that would take too long.
    THANKS FOR MAKING THE STACKS,TOO!!!
    -percyj99

13. Daniel Radcliffe Fan

I am thankful about The Harry Potter Series. I am Thankful to my Family and Friends. I am Thankful that the Last Harry Potter Movie is over. I am Thankful to Everything and Everyone in my Life.

14. Pooja

I am thankful that I have a sister. I am thankful that I have such a wonderful mom and dad. I am thankful that I have a good home to live in. I am also thankful that my dad has three cars. I am happy about all the things God gave me.

15. Pooja

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it is a time to thank everybody and also don’t forget about eating a very delicious turkey with hot sauce.

16. Lady Kris

I am thankfull for my faith, my church, my friends,the family I was born in to,the Satcks and the books that fill my heart with joy and love. The books that let me catch a glimps beyond my own smale world.

17. Payal

I am thankful for so many things, I don’t even know where to start. I’m thankful for a healthy family, a house to live in, clothes, good food, water, God, cures for diseases, and an education. I am thankful for the four seasons, a sun and a moon, animals, people, nature, cars, money, technology, paper, pencils and pens, electricity, Earth, the Solar System, sports, music, and good T.V. shows. I am even thankful for the silly stuff like socks, glue, string, the Scholastic website, concerts, jewelry, makeup, instruction manuals, fireworks, furniture, wrapping paper, and transportation. Those are all the things I am thankful for. (It’s a lot of stuff, huh?):)