November 8, 2010

New Website for Readers

Posted by at 9:18 am in News, Writing Prompt | Permalink

YAWYR If you love to read, then you will love this new site on THE STACKS called You Are What You Read.

So what can you do on this new site?

Create your Bookprint.
You can learn a lot about a person by the books they read. If your fingerprint is your unique mark that identifies you, then your Bookprint is the list of books that identifies you! These are the books that are most important to you; your all-time faves; the ones you'll never ever forget. These are the five books that changed your life and made you who you are today.

Add your Bookprint to Your Profile.
You can show other STACKERS what books you love, and also see similar users who love the same books as you.

See Names You Know
You can check out celebrities' Bookprints, and find out which books influenced famous stars like Taylor Swift, Daniel Radcliffe, and other cool people.

Pass It On
If you have a book in your hand and you want to give it to someone, you can print these cool bookplates to fill out and stick inside the book.

If you think about it, it's true that you really *are* what you read. All the books you have read in your life have totally influenced who you are today, and helped to make you unique and special, haven't they?

That's definitely true for me, and I remember the exact minute that it all started. I was 8 years old, riding in the back seat of my parents' car to the beach, and I was reading the Narnia Chronicles. (This was long before Harry Potter was written!) I remember feeling like the world outside me had just completely disappeared and I never wanted to leave Narnia. I wanted the experience of reading those books to last forever. Sadly the books ended, so when I was done with the series, I looked for more books, and more. . . and more. . .and I just never stopped reading!

So for today's Writing Prompt, I want to know, what is the book that got you hooked forever on reading? Let me know in the Comments and then go add it to your Bookprint!

1. littlemama2nd

i love to read
    at school all i do is read read i think reading is for everyone
    also nooooooooooooooooooooo longer school years
    that is can take away summer and my life would be fun so noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomore longer school years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jc,

I think that they should NOT take our summer and make it school time.Kids need time to play because during the school year we rarely get to play.Kids also need time to relax too.Any way what is the reason they wants to take it away?

3. percyj99

I’ve always loved to read, but the first book I ever became obsessed with was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I went on to read the rest of the Harry Potter books, an they got better and better with each book, until that was all I would talk about. Then a friend of mine got me hooked on the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and I absolutely LOVED them! Once I read Percy Jackson I, of course, fell in love with the Kane Chronicles (when it came out), and the Heroes of Olympus, too.

4. Adam

I READ HONOR OR INSULT A LONGER SCHOOL YEAR. AND ILL TELL YOU ONE THING ABOUT IT . I DONT WANT A LONGER SCHOOL YEAR.AND THIS IS ONE OF THE STUPIDEST ARTICLES I HAVE EVER READ.

5. Josephine

Cool! I don’t remember what is the book that got me hooked forever on reading. I think it might have been WEREWOLVES DON’T RUN FOR PRESIDENT. I read it when I was in the 2nd grade and I have had my nose shoved into a book ever since.

6. pinkmonkeys101

The book I was hooked on was Stolen Children by Peg Kehret. I try to re- read it as much as I can. I also like the books Coraline and The Princess Frog. They are both very good and I reccomend it to everyone. Also if you like fantasy, try the Narnia books. Keep Reading!

7. kayla

wow that was very interesting do you like too read i know i do any way i like reading GOOSEBUMPS there my faveourite books

8. kayla

wow very interestin do u like to read ??? i know i do i like reading GOOSEBUMPS soo much and made up storys well most of the time and well yeah i love to read well sorta i only read in like my spear time

9. cookiereader99

The book that started it all for me was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I was at my school’s library and I had to hurry up and pick a book. I ended up picking Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I read and read until it finally finished. On the back of the book I noticed it had names of the previous books before Half-Blood Prince. I was filled with joy that it had more to it. So I ended up buying the other books I was still missing. Currently I finished reading “The Last Olympian” in the “Percy Jackson & The Olympians” series. :)

10. Ilovedots

Awesome I already have one its so cool!!!!!!!!!!Also you get to see what books celebrities read!!!!!!Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Payal

The book that got me hooked forever on reading is the Harry Potter series. I am a die-hard fan of Harry Potter. I was in 4th grade when I first started reading them and I still love the books. I remember while everyone was playing at recess, I would sit under a tree and read Harry Potter. I would love to own all the books and movies!!! It would be sooooo cool if I could meet Daniel, Rupert, and Emma. I will love Harry Potter as long as I live, no matter what anybody thinks of it.

12. gylfie97

I was in third grade. My parents and older sister, avid Harry Potter fans, took me to see The Goblet of Fire in theaters. About 3 hours of confusion followed… I had know idea what was going on! As soon as I got home, I picked up The Sorcerer’s Stone, and Harry Potter went from a book to an obsession. That’s the story of how I became obsessed with reading anything I could get my hands on.