November 2, 2010

Harry Potter Scavenger Hunt

Posted by at 10:00 am in Games, Harry Potter, Trivia | Permalink

Hp7_130x130 November 19, 2010. Or as many of us like to call it, the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I release date! To get you in the mood for Harry dropping out of Hogwarts and hunting down all the Horcruxes to destroy Voldemort once and for all. . . we thought we’d challenge you to a duel on our Harry Potter website. Wield your wands for this cyber-scavenger hunt (your mouse even turns into a wand!). You’ll find the answers by exploring around the different sections on the Harry Potter site. But be warned: it’s addictive. You might lose yourself in its deep dark confines.

Tip: Year 1 = Sorcerer’s Stone, Year 2 = Chamber of Secrets, and so on.

1. Based on your personality profile, what house would the Sorting Hat put you in? (Hint: Browse the Year 1 section).
  2. According to the Glossary, which wizarding sweets are known to burn holes in your tongue?
  3. In Year 3 when you unlock the magic, you can do what?
  4. Moody’s Magical Trunk in Year 4 is totally addictive! You have to open the trunk by playing a game. Then you can listen to Q&A’s with J.K. Rowling! If you play enough times, you may find the answer to this Q: Why did Olivander choose phoenix feather, unicorn hair, and dragon heartstring for his wands?
  5. What is your answer to today’s poll?
  6. In what game do you cast the Expecto Patronum spell with your wand, and repel a dementor?
  7. Who is your Patronus? (Hint: check out Year 3).
  8. In what “Year” on the site does your mouse turn into a wand and you can create magical effects?
  9. According to the Quiz in Year 4, what is the password to the Prefects’ bathroom in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?

So scavenge around, sharpen your wizarding smarts, and let us know your answers in the Comments. Then check your answers.

—Ratha, Stacks Writer

8.Year 1
    9.Pine Fresh

3. Starrninjarawr

1)Ravenclaw
    2)Acid Pops
    3)Make a creature
    4)They’re her favorite objects and they’re most powerful.
    5)Start talking with them
    6)You get to Repel a Dementor in year 5.
    7)Owl
    8)Year 1
    9)Pine Fresh
    I <3 Harry Potter books!

4. Nannerlmozart

Harry Potter is awesome! According to the quiz, I’m a ravenclaw, too! I adore the ravenclaw branch, and glad to be. So, I’m a Ekaterina Ravenclaw. Forgive me, Katherine and Rowena!

5. rach37

1. Gryffindor
    2. Acid Pops
    3. Make a creature
    4.the most powerful substances and because J.K. Rowling liked those the best
    5.playstation
    6.repel a dementor
    7.fox
    8.year 1
    9.pine fresh

6. Urban Ray

1:Slytherine
    2: Acid pops
    3:create a creature
    4:He thought they would work the best.
    5:Wii
    6:year 5
    7:A halk
    8:year uno or one. same thing.
    9:Pine Fresh.

7. SuperSapphireSpy

1. It says I “ought to be in Gryffindor.”
    2. Acid Pops.
    3. Create you own creature.
    4. I’m too lazy to do this one, so yeah.
    Okay, it’s like 10:00, and I’m tired, so yeah. Good night…..

8. stonefairy

1. Ravenclaw
    2. Acid Pops
    3. Create a creature
    4. He decided they were the most powerful (but they are also J. K. Rowling’s favorites).
    5. Who do you like? Options: Harry, Draco, Ron. My answer: Draco Malfoy (although I do like Harry and Ron too, but Draco is my favorite.)
    6. Repel A Dementor (in year 5).
    7. Otter
    8. Year 1
    9. Pine Fresh

9. skistar101

1. I was placed in Ravenclaw house. I love to read and study and do well in school. 2. Acid pops burn through your tongue. 3. Year three’s unlock the magic is Create a Creature. 4. Olivander uses those wand cores because he thinks them the most powerful. 5. My answer to the year one poll was that I liked Harry Potter the best. 6. You get to repel a dementor in year five. 7. My patronous is a fox. 8. You can create magical effects in year one. 9. And finally, the password to the prefect’s bathroom is Pine Fresh.

10. Heffley290

1.According to the year 1 quiz, I’m in Ravenclaw.
    2. The candy that burns holes through your tongue is the Acid Pops.
    3.When you unlock the magic, you can create a creature.
    4.I’m not sure, but I think Ollivander chose those substances because they were powerful, or they were J.K. Rowling’s favorites
    5.Well,the most chosen answer for 11/2 is Albus Dumledore.
    6.You can do all that in the year 5 game, Repel Dementors.
    7.According to the quiz, my patronus is a cat.
    8.You can do that in year 1.
    9.The year 4 password is…pine fresh.
    Thanks!
    Heffley290

11. Payal B

1. The Sorting Hat would put me in Gryffindor house.
    2. Acid pops are the wizarding treats known to burn holes in your tongue.
    3. You can create a creature in Year 3 when you unlock the magic.
    4. Ollivander chose phoenix feather, unicorn hair, and dragon heartstring for his wands because those were J.K. Rowling’s favorites.
    5. My answer to today’s poll is concert tickets.
    6. In the Repel a Dementor game you cast the Expecto Patronum spell with your wand and repel a dementor.
    7. My patronus is a bear.
    8. In Year 1 on the site your mouse turns into a wand and you can create magical effects.
    9. The password to the Prefects’ bathroom in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is Pine Fresh.

12. s.snape2000

1. Either gryffindor or slytherin…I prefer slytherin:)
    2. Acid pops
    3. In Year 3 when you unlock the magic, you can do what?
    4. Because they are her favorite
    5. I found alot so…draco, tom riddle,nimbus 2001, rita skeeter, room of requirement,
    6.year 5
    7.Not really getting the hint. but my patronus would be an owl.
    8.year 1
    9. cant find it…

13. Ronfan

Based on your personality profile, what house would the Sorting Hat put you in? (Hint: Browse the Year 1 section). Hufflepuff
    According to the Glossary, which wizarding sweets are known to burn holes in your tongue? Acid Pops
    In Year 3 when you unlock the magic, you can do what?
    Moody’s Magical trunk in Year 4 is totally addictive! You have to open the trunk by playing a game. Then you can listen to Q&A’s with J.K. Rowling! If you play enough times, you may find the answer to this Q: Why did Olivander choose phoenix feather, unicorn hair, and dragon heartstring for his wands? They were J.K. Rowling’s favorite substances and Mr.Olivander believed them to be the most powerful
    What is your answer to today’s poll? Rita Skeeter
    In what game do you cast the Expecto Patronum spell with your wand, and repel a dementor? Repel a Dementor
    Who is your Patronus?(Hint: check out Year 3). Fox
    In what “Year” on the site does your mouse turn into a wand and you can create magical effects? Year 1
    According to the Quiz in Year 4, what is the password to the Prefects’ bathroom in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? Pine Fresh

14. ilovepercyandmax

1. Slytherin
    2. Acid Pops
    3. Creature Creator
    4. He thought that they were the most powerful objects.
    5. Who is most annoying? Rita Skeeter
    6. Unleash the Magic- Order Of The Phoenix
    7. Owl
    8. None
    9. Pine Fresh
    Cool! I’ve been on the HP site but i didn’t know about all the cool games.
    17 days

15. fantasyreader123

1: Ravenclaw
    2: Acid Pops
    3: Make a creature
    4: They’re her favorites
    5: Um…e-mail? It’s on the home page, right?
    6: Year 5′s.