November 10, 2010

Book Club: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Posted by at 2:26 am in Harry Potter, Reads | Permalink

Hp7_130 Hi! Welcome to THE STACKS Book Club where every month we all read the same book together. Here's how it works. I'll write the blog post here announcing this month's book, why I chose it, and a question that I am interested in. You participate by writing what you think in the Comments below. Anyone can join!

This month's book is: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Why I chose this book: The Deathly Hallows movie is coming out on November 19, and I want to re-read Book 7 so the story will be fresh in my mind when I see the movie.

Question to Discuss: Since the movie is going to be split into 2 parts, where do you think Part 1 should end? (The real ending has already been revealed elsewhere on the Internet, so I'm not asking where it will actually end, but where YOU think it SHOULD end.)

Now, read or re-read the book, and then add your thoughts/questions/rants/random musings in the Comments. This is the first month of this new Book Club so let's make it HUGE!

1. summerbunny2222

I don’t know. The book is so fast-paced, there isn’t a good stopping point! Can you believe J. K. Rowling wrote the first one on a napkin?

2. AnnabethKatnissHermione

I love the Deathly Hallows. I think they should end the movie at shell cottage. But the only thing is they didn’t include Bill and Fleur in love in the Half Blood Prince..

3. tiffany

I think it should end where harry fights with voldemorts snake in godrics hollow, and then voldemort sees him apparating away.

4. snape17

well, i guess it should end around half-way, but at a good point so it’s not like they have to cut it off mid-sentence, yah know? I am a HUGE hp fan, er, snape fan! ;)

5. Hayley

I’ve read Harry Potter and the Deathly hollow 5 times. my momma used to read the whole sieries to me and my little sister and brother. i read the whole thing in about a day a few weeks ago. my friend is sitting next to me, reading over my shoulder, and she doesn’t believe me. well, she should.

6. Alyssa

i think this book will be intresting because it looks funny and it could a very fun book that will probily get sold out by the time it comes out i would love to read this book because it has a very desingned cover and it will probily be in theters and the theter will be packed

7. Emma Watson fan

All you guys have to do is watch the movie. You will love it. But I will miss the Harry Potter series after the movie is gone.
    See ya on the STACKS!
    ~Emma Watson fan~

8. black ops

i dont now know about harry potter but after i finsh percy jackson (it is really good i autherize you to read it)i will read harry poter

9. i do not have a stacks username

i just started and i am on book 4 know its really late to start but right be fore the movie comes ou but oh well!!! i really love the harry potter books and the moivies.

10. kiran

I think the first part should end at the part where Harry and Hermione see Harry’s parent’s graves at Godric’s Hollow.