November 10, 2010

Book Club: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Posted by at 2:26 am in Harry Potter, Reads | Permalink

Hp7_130 Hi! Welcome to THE STACKS Book Club where every month we all read the same book together. Here's how it works. I'll write the blog post here announcing this month's book, why I chose it, and a question that I am interested in. You participate by writing what you think in the Comments below. Anyone can join!

This month's book is: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Why I chose this book: The Deathly Hallows movie is coming out on November 19, and I want to re-read Book 7 so the story will be fresh in my mind when I see the movie.

Question to Discuss: Since the movie is going to be split into 2 parts, where do you think Part 1 should end? (The real ending has already been revealed elsewhere on the Internet, so I'm not asking where it will actually end, but where YOU think it SHOULD end.)

Now, read or re-read the book, and then add your thoughts/questions/rants/random musings in the Comments. This is the first month of this new Book Club so let's make it HUGE!

1. greenkoala39

Somewhere around what Payal said. I would think I should end a bit before they break into the Lestrange vault, because the climax of the whole book would be at the beginning of the second movie, instead of the middle/end. I should rereread the book so I am ready. The question is would I have time?

2. Spring Owl

Wow my best friend read the whole series to many time,she always tells me it’s super good.I need to get started on the first book!

3. stonefairy

Hmm… I think it should end at a really suspenseful place so that everyone is super anxious to see the second half… aha I know! Right after they leave Godric’s Hollow, when Voldemort sees them Apparating away, is when I think it should end.

4. Camryn

Well, i’m a HUGE fan of Harry Potter. I’m almost done reading Deathly Hallows for the 3rd time, so i guess i’m a little late lol. I think that part 1 should end after Ron stabs the horcrux locket with the sword of Godric Gryffindor. Or what Payal said about the Gringotts vault. Long live Harry Potter! He rocks!

5. Payal

I think Part 1 should end after Harry, Ron, and Hermione break into Bellatrix Lestrange’s vault at Gringotts bank. Then Part 2 should begin with Harry, Ron, and Hermione going to Hogwarts to destroy the Diadem of Ravenclaw. After that the Battle of Hogwarts should start. I can’t wait to see the movies! I am dying to know what Harry, Ron, Hermione, and their kids look like in the epilogue!
    GO HARRY POTTER!!!

6. 44maplesyrup

i think it should end right after they come to shell cottage. i wonder where it’ll really end?…
    anyway its an AWESOME book pick! the 7th HP is by far the best. the movie better be as good!