September 23, 2010

The 39 Clues NEW SERIES!

Posted by at 3:25 pm in Reads, The 39 Clues | Permalink

39clues_130

The 39 Clues News

You asked for more, and Scholastic listened.
The 39 Clues series ended with Book 10: Into the Gauntlet (August 31, 2010) by Margaret Peterson Haddix. However, on October 26, 2010, you can also get The 39 Clues: The Black Book of Buried Secrets, the ultimate guidebook to the world of The 39 Clues.

But that’s not all. . .

VESPERS RISINGOn April 5, 2011, Scholastic brings you Book 11: Vespers Rising, written by 4 authors: Rick Riordan, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman, and Jude Watson. PLUS, an all-new series, The 39 Clues Part 2: Cahills vs. Vespers, will launch in August and continue with six books written by a team of superstar authors, including Gordon Korman (The Medusa Plot, August 2011), Jude Watson (A King’s Ransom, December 2011), Peter Lerangis (March 2012), Roland Smith (August 2012), and Linda Sue Park (December 2012). The final book in the series (Day of Doom), written by David Baldacci, will be published in March 2013.

What will the new series be about?
Within the world of The 39 Clues, the Cahills are the most powerful family the world has ever known, secretly dominating every area of human endeavor over the past 500 years. The source of their power has been lost, hidden in 39 Clues scattered around the world. In The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, the Cahills discover they’re not the only ones who have been searching for the Clues. The Vespers, a ruthless cabal lurking in the shadows for their turn to stomp across the world stage, have also been hunting for the source of ultimate power. The Cahill family must unite to protect the Clues, and the world, against the Vespers, who have sinister plans darker than the Cahills could ever imagine, dating back to the mysteries of ancient times.

Will there be a 39 Clues movie?
Possibly. . . Movie rights for The 39 Clues have been acquired by DreamWorks Studios with Steven Spielberg eyeing to direct. We’ll keep you posted.

1. morgan

Dear Kris,
    I think it very age appropriatefor just about any age for there is no swear words and dose not have much violence and still it is not at all scary. I am a mom myself and agree that i would want some one to tell me this.
    hope you get this
    morgan

2. sup

I am SO excited for this extra series! I’m sure it’ll be just as good as its predeccesor! I wish I could buy it when it first comes out… :( But, for all those who can buy it April 5th, enjoy it!!!!
    Go Rick Riordan! (sp?)

3. Amy cahill

I love love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the 39 clues!!!!!!! I can NOT wait for the new series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. haymaze44

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VESPERS RISING?????!!!!! IM A BIG FAN OF 39 CLUES SO THIS IS AMAZING! IM JUST SENDING TH ELINK TO MY FRIEND! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! GO 39 CLUES! BOO VESPERS!

5. njmcrash

i can’t wait till the nex book comes out. I’ve read all of them and really like the series my favorite is One False Note

6. herneet

there are alot of omg’s in the comments! all the people that are asking if the movies going to be in theatres idk about that but i think it will, because they said that they wanted the 39 clues movies to be as succesful as harry potter and i dont think that their is going to be auditions i mean i want all the characters in the movie to look like the ones in the book like in the black book of buried secrets it had images of most of the characters and i want those characters to be in the movie or else i will be really disappointed like i was with lemony snickets series of unfortunate events i was seriously ticked off with the movie i mean it was books 1,2 and 3 put together and the ending of the first book at the end of the movie. Another thing is i want the movies to be layed out like harry potter so the maze of bones should be the first movie and one false note should be the second movie i dont want it to be like the whole series cramed together in one movie im not watching it if its like that!

7. rain5

This is cool. Seriously. I can NOT believe this is actually happening… anyway, number eleven (or one, whatever you want to call it) is going to be awesome. All through the first series, I kept telling my brother, “they have to unite the kids, unite the kids.” That is exactly what happened, if you catch my drift. Amy and Dan were able to ‘agree’ (kinda sorta) with the young people of each branch: Ian and Natalie from Lucian,
    Hamilton fron Tomas,
    Jonah from Janus,
    and Alistar and Sinead from Ekat. Even though Alistar is not a kid. Still. This is going to be cool, or, as my friend would say, EPIC.

8. liltexan233

Will the main characters still be amy and dan or is it someone else it would stink if it wasn’t amy and dan so please put them as the main characters.

9. Maddie

Would it be possible to have online auditions for the movie? I’m a HUGE fan and would love to have a part but I live in New Zealand – which is not a popular movie country :(
    But it could be filmed there! Lord of the Rings is HUGE! It’s awesome scenery and so many people would DIE for a part!
    Please consider this request!!!!!!

10. Hershey

Omg I am really excited!!!!! I just finished into the gauntlet and it seriously touched my soul lol anyways my friend told me about this second series thing along time ago so I checked it out but I couldn’t find anything that can give me more information so fortunately I found this website today and freaked!!! But when is the movie coming out? Is there even going to be a movie? I’m looking everywhere to find more info about that and it is killing me!!! I know this isn’t going to happen but I want Justin bieber inthe movie lol

11. jai

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! putting the date on my calender right now!what about rick riordan?!?!?!?