September 23, 2010

The 39 Clues NEW SERIES!

Posted by at 3:25 pm in Reads, The 39 Clues | Permalink

39clues_130

The 39 Clues News

You asked for more, and Scholastic listened.
The 39 Clues series ended with Book 10: Into the Gauntlet (August 31, 2010) by Margaret Peterson Haddix. However, on October 26, 2010, you can also get The 39 Clues: The Black Book of Buried Secrets, the ultimate guidebook to the world of The 39 Clues.

But that’s not all. . .

VESPERS RISINGOn April 5, 2011, Scholastic brings you Book 11: Vespers Rising, written by 4 authors: Rick Riordan, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman, and Jude Watson. PLUS, an all-new series, The 39 Clues Part 2: Cahills vs. Vespers, will launch in August and continue with six books written by a team of superstar authors, including Gordon Korman (The Medusa Plot, August 2011), Jude Watson (A King’s Ransom, December 2011), Peter Lerangis (March 2012), Roland Smith (August 2012), and Linda Sue Park (December 2012). The final book in the series (Day of Doom), written by David Baldacci, will be published in March 2013.

What will the new series be about?
Within the world of The 39 Clues, the Cahills are the most powerful family the world has ever known, secretly dominating every area of human endeavor over the past 500 years. The source of their power has been lost, hidden in 39 Clues scattered around the world. In The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, the Cahills discover they’re not the only ones who have been searching for the Clues. The Vespers, a ruthless cabal lurking in the shadows for their turn to stomp across the world stage, have also been hunting for the source of ultimate power. The Cahill family must unite to protect the Clues, and the world, against the Vespers, who have sinister plans darker than the Cahills could ever imagine, dating back to the mysteries of ancient times.

Will there be a 39 Clues movie?
Possibly. . . Movie rights for The 39 Clues have been acquired by DreamWorks Studios with Steven Spielberg eyeing to direct. We’ll keep you posted.

1. Lindsay

You know what would be cool to promote the movie? Say if Build-A-Bear Workshop added Arnold and Saladin to their furry frieds colcection with special-edition collar tags featuring the 39 Clues logo! That would be AWESOME!;) LOL!!

2. gamergal01

OMG! Have been hearing about for quite a while. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cousin and I loooove 39 clues.

3. Della

I totaly love the book. I started reading it in agu. 2010. I finished around oct. That is how much I<3it. Can’t wait been waiting way to long. lol it is better than never.

4. max

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the 39 clues. i have book 1 2 and 3! now part 2 and a movie. how much better can it get? and will the holts get along with dan and amy.
    i have done a report on the 1st book for school. a lot of questions have to be answered in part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. LadyKris

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Shira

OMG! I love all the 39 clues books! Can’t wait! Rick Riorordan,Jude Watson, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman, AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. 39cluesfan

@kris this book is awsome and very interactive. i would recermand it for mature 8 year olds to 15 year olds. its about sibiling rivaly, (basicly). There is some death, not much or in detail. its very interactive your child can play online at 39clues.com (i would check that out.) and collect cards. there is also a game, a puzzle and more. it a great book

8. 39cluesfan

OMG!!!!!! New series!!!!:) I have all ten oringal books & 7 more!!!! + a movie. Tell me when there will be castings. sooooooooooooo excited. :) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::):):):):):)

9. amy+ian

i read ALL the books and i am hopeing ian will
    confess his love for amy in the 2nd series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Dj3

I’m going to audition for the movie. I’m Dan’s age and I’m also amazing at acting so I can easily make up a monologue from the books. I just hope there is a send in option so I can send in a DVD of my monologue.

11. W

Hi. I am very excited. I have also read the whole series. And, no, Ian and Amy do not get together. Would you want to get together with a double-crosser? So, I hope everyone likes the new series, the Black Book of Buried Secrets, and the Movie!!

12. Ekaterina

Ya! When I heard the date I was practicly screeming!!! I want to go into a deep sleep until April 5, 2011 so it won’t seem that long!! :) The hunt is on!!

13. Thomas

I’ve been fantasised by the 39 Clues book series and now there’s a new one it’s going to be great.
    I just hope that the same thing dosen’t happen with the 39 clues book, the first series amazing, the second not so good. When I got to the 8th book in the series i started thinking maybe i should stop buying but book 9 put me back in the roll and book 10 was amazing. Oh and Amy and Ian don’t get together might do in the next one though! :-)