September 23, 2010

The 39 Clues NEW SERIES!

Posted by at 3:25 pm in Reads, The 39 Clues | Permalink

39clues_130

The 39 Clues News

You asked for more, and Scholastic listened.
The 39 Clues series ended with Book 10: Into the Gauntlet (August 31, 2010) by Margaret Peterson Haddix. However, on October 26, 2010, you can also get The 39 Clues: The Black Book of Buried Secrets, the ultimate guidebook to the world of The 39 Clues.

But that’s not all. . .

VESPERS RISINGOn April 5, 2011, Scholastic brings you Book 11: Vespers Rising, written by 4 authors: Rick Riordan, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman, and Jude Watson. PLUS, an all-new series, The 39 Clues Part 2: Cahills vs. Vespers, will launch in August and continue with six books written by a team of superstar authors, including Gordon Korman (The Medusa Plot, August 2011), Jude Watson (A King’s Ransom, December 2011), Peter Lerangis (March 2012), Roland Smith (August 2012), and Linda Sue Park (December 2012). The final book in the series (Day of Doom), written by David Baldacci, will be published in March 2013.

What will the new series be about?
Within the world of The 39 Clues, the Cahills are the most powerful family the world has ever known, secretly dominating every area of human endeavor over the past 500 years. The source of their power has been lost, hidden in 39 Clues scattered around the world. In The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, the Cahills discover they’re not the only ones who have been searching for the Clues. The Vespers, a ruthless cabal lurking in the shadows for their turn to stomp across the world stage, have also been hunting for the source of ultimate power. The Cahill family must unite to protect the Clues, and the world, against the Vespers, who have sinister plans darker than the Cahills could ever imagine, dating back to the mysteries of ancient times.

Will there be a 39 Clues movie?
Possibly. . . Movie rights for The 39 Clues have been acquired by DreamWorks Studios with Steven Spielberg eyeing to direct. We’ll keep you posted.

1. Faith

OMG!!! When I heard this I was like :D :D :D . I was sad for weeks after I finished the last book in the series, I knew there was still a Black Book of Buried Secrets, but it wasn’t the same. I can’t wait to get more updates on the characters. They feel so real!

2. Becca_Loves_The39Clues

OMG! Movie, Movie, Movie. I need to see it! (= I’m going to take my friends! Do you guys think the movie will come out sometime around when the Cahills vs Vespers comes out ? ! anyway I LOVE THE 39 CLUES!

3. lalal

i have all ten books plus the the new one dat came out 2days ago i love the 39 clues i cant wait for it to come out

4. springflubber

I’m still on the first series on the 5′th one. I LOVE THEM! They are so intriging, exciting,and just awesome! And the characters are really real and relatable. I can’t wait for the new series!

5. JanusGirl

OMG Im totally excited.I have 25 clues im SO close i love 39 clues i cannot wait. seriously i read all 10 books in 1 day no joke. i will TOTALLY but the whole series. :)

6. mital

EKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exited!!!!!! im speechless OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! that’s basically all i can say!!!!!!!!

7. soccermvp

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGAND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON

8. kayla

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait i read every book this series is going to b awsome i wonder if Ian will finally confess his love for Amy.Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. bordercollie01

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. percyj99

Kris,
    I would think that, depending on the kid, eight or nine years old would probably be the best age to start. It is a very exciting series to read, and leaves you hanging until you can get the next book. I HIGHLY recommend it to adventure book lovers.
    Signed,
    percyj99

11. tifftoread

OMG I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I’m not done reading the tenth book yet, but I REALLY <3 the 39 Clues!!!! I’m excited about this! Another book!

12. catching_fire

@Kris:
    Um, gee, I don’t to know. The 39 Clues aren’t exactly a children’s book, because there’s some minor charachter death, a little bit of ushy-gushy romance (but just a little), and some pretty freguent lying, betrayl, and mystery, but it’s CERTIANLY not Young Adult. I’d say it’s probably okay for, oh, kids 9-12 to read it, but if you have a pretty mature eight year old, they could probably handle it.