September 23, 2010

The 39 Clues NEW SERIES!

Posted by at 3:25 pm in Reads, The 39 Clues | Permalink

39clues_130

The 39 Clues News

You asked for more, and Scholastic listened.
The 39 Clues series ended with Book 10: Into the Gauntlet (August 31, 2010) by Margaret Peterson Haddix. However, on October 26, 2010, you can also get The 39 Clues: The Black Book of Buried Secrets, the ultimate guidebook to the world of The 39 Clues.

But that’s not all. . .

VESPERS RISINGOn April 5, 2011, Scholastic brings you Book 11: Vespers Rising, written by 4 authors: Rick Riordan, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman, and Jude Watson. PLUS, an all-new series, The 39 Clues Part 2: Cahills vs. Vespers, will launch in August and continue with six books written by a team of superstar authors, including Gordon Korman (The Medusa Plot, August 2011), Jude Watson (A King’s Ransom, December 2011), Peter Lerangis (March 2012), Roland Smith (August 2012), and Linda Sue Park (December 2012). The final book in the series (Day of Doom), written by David Baldacci, will be published in March 2013.

What will the new series be about?
Within the world of The 39 Clues, the Cahills are the most powerful family the world has ever known, secretly dominating every area of human endeavor over the past 500 years. The source of their power has been lost, hidden in 39 Clues scattered around the world. In The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, the Cahills discover they’re not the only ones who have been searching for the Clues. The Vespers, a ruthless cabal lurking in the shadows for their turn to stomp across the world stage, have also been hunting for the source of ultimate power. The Cahill family must unite to protect the Clues, and the world, against the Vespers, who have sinister plans darker than the Cahills could ever imagine, dating back to the mysteries of ancient times.

Will there be a 39 Clues movie?
Possibly. . . Movie rights for The 39 Clues have been acquired by DreamWorks Studios with Steven Spielberg eyeing to direct. We’ll keep you posted.

1. nick

vesper madrigal no it is 1 medusa plot 2 kings ransom
    3 dead of night 4 shatterproof and 5 and 6 are NOT revealed yet but 5 might be guardians shadow like you now what a guardian is like rosembloom and 6 might be something spontaneous

2. vesper madrigal

1 the medusa plot 2 a kings ransom 3 the dead of night 4 the pirates tresure 5 Recovering Confidence 6 The Mastermind Revealed

3. Molly

yayayayayayayayayayayayayay I love love love this sieries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished book eleven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Vanila bean

I am loved the vespers rrising it was so good
    But the suspense is killing me I cannot wait for book 12 medudusas plot! :)
    vanila bean,

5. Vanila bean

I am so excited about book 12 coming out!!!
    I loved the vespers rising
    but the supspence is killing me I am on the edge of my seat! :)
    Vanila bean,

6. Kate

Amy and Ian don’t get together. Amy figures out that his “love” is an act. Also I think the appropriate age range for these books is 8+ Just answering everyone’s questions!

7. mr extreme

i’ve read the first ten 39 clues books 5 times and vesper rising twice and i love the books so much and i can’t wate intill the next series comes out

8. NRR

READ THIS BOOK IT IS AMAZING I HAVE LEARNED SO MANY THINGS FROM IT, LIKE ANNE BONNE DISGUISED HERSELF AS A BOY TO BECOME A PIRATE

9. morgan

Dear Kris,
    I think it very age appropriatefor just about any age for there is no swear words and dose not have much violence and still it is not at all scary. I am a mom myself and agree that i would want some one to tell me this.
    hope you get this
    morgan

10. sup

I am SO excited for this extra series! I’m sure it’ll be just as good as its predeccesor! I wish I could buy it when it first comes out… :( But, for all those who can buy it April 5th, enjoy it!!!!
    Go Rick Riordan! (sp?)

11. Amy cahill

I love love LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the 39 clues!!!!!!! I can NOT wait for the new series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. haymaze44

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VESPERS RISING?????!!!!! IM A BIG FAN OF 39 CLUES SO THIS IS AMAZING! IM JUST SENDING TH ELINK TO MY FRIEND! YESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! GO 39 CLUES! BOO VESPERS!

13. njmcrash

i can’t wait till the nex book comes out. I’ve read all of them and really like the series my favorite is One False Note

14. herneet

there are alot of omg’s in the comments! all the people that are asking if the movies going to be in theatres idk about that but i think it will, because they said that they wanted the 39 clues movies to be as succesful as harry potter and i dont think that their is going to be auditions i mean i want all the characters in the movie to look like the ones in the book like in the black book of buried secrets it had images of most of the characters and i want those characters to be in the movie or else i will be really disappointed like i was with lemony snickets series of unfortunate events i was seriously ticked off with the movie i mean it was books 1,2 and 3 put together and the ending of the first book at the end of the movie. Another thing is i want the movies to be layed out like harry potter so the maze of bones should be the first movie and one false note should be the second movie i dont want it to be like the whole series cramed together in one movie im not watching it if its like that!

15. rain5

This is cool. Seriously. I can NOT believe this is actually happening… anyway, number eleven (or one, whatever you want to call it) is going to be awesome. All through the first series, I kept telling my brother, “they have to unite the kids, unite the kids.” That is exactly what happened, if you catch my drift. Amy and Dan were able to ‘agree’ (kinda sorta) with the young people of each branch: Ian and Natalie from Lucian,
    Hamilton fron Tomas,
    Jonah from Janus,
    and Alistar and Sinead from Ekat. Even though Alistar is not a kid. Still. This is going to be cool, or, as my friend would say, EPIC.

16. liltexan233

Will the main characters still be amy and dan or is it someone else it would stink if it wasn’t amy and dan so please put them as the main characters.

17. Maddie

Would it be possible to have online auditions for the movie? I’m a HUGE fan and would love to have a part but I live in New Zealand – which is not a popular movie country :(
    But it could be filmed there! Lord of the Rings is HUGE! It’s awesome scenery and so many people would DIE for a part!
    Please consider this request!!!!!!

18. Hershey

Omg I am really excited!!!!! I just finished into the gauntlet and it seriously touched my soul lol anyways my friend told me about this second series thing along time ago so I checked it out but I couldn’t find anything that can give me more information so fortunately I found this website today and freaked!!! But when is the movie coming out? Is there even going to be a movie? I’m looking everywhere to find more info about that and it is killing me!!! I know this isn’t going to happen but I want Justin bieber inthe movie lol

19. jai

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! putting the date on my calender right now!what about rick riordan?!?!?!?

20. Lindsay

You know what would be cool to promote the movie? Say if Build-A-Bear Workshop added Arnold and Saladin to their furry frieds colcection with special-edition collar tags featuring the 39 Clues logo! That would be AWESOME!;) LOL!!

21. gamergal01

OMG! Have been hearing about for quite a while. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My cousin and I loooove 39 clues.

22. Della

I totaly love the book. I started reading it in agu. 2010. I finished around oct. That is how much I<3it. Can’t wait been waiting way to long. lol it is better than never.

23. max

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love the 39 clues. i have book 1 2 and 3! now part 2 and a movie. how much better can it get? and will the holts get along with dan and amy.
    i have done a report on the 1st book for school. a lot of questions have to be answered in part 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. LadyKris

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Shira

OMG! I love all the 39 clues books! Can’t wait! Rick Riorordan,Jude Watson, Peter Lerangis, Gordon Korman, AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. 39cluesfan

@kris this book is awsome and very interactive. i would recermand it for mature 8 year olds to 15 year olds. its about sibiling rivaly, (basicly). There is some death, not much or in detail. its very interactive your child can play online at 39clues.com (i would check that out.) and collect cards. there is also a game, a puzzle and more. it a great book

27. 39cluesfan

OMG!!!!!! New series!!!!:) I have all ten oringal books & 7 more!!!! + a movie. Tell me when there will be castings. sooooooooooooo excited. :) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)::):):):):):)

28. amy+ian

i read ALL the books and i am hopeing ian will
    confess his love for amy in the 2nd series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Dj3

I’m going to audition for the movie. I’m Dan’s age and I’m also amazing at acting so I can easily make up a monologue from the books. I just hope there is a send in option so I can send in a DVD of my monologue.

30. W

Hi. I am very excited. I have also read the whole series. And, no, Ian and Amy do not get together. Would you want to get together with a double-crosser? So, I hope everyone likes the new series, the Black Book of Buried Secrets, and the Movie!!

31. Ekaterina

Ya! When I heard the date I was practicly screeming!!! I want to go into a deep sleep until April 5, 2011 so it won’t seem that long!! :) The hunt is on!!

32. Thomas

I’ve been fantasised by the 39 Clues book series and now there’s a new one it’s going to be great.
    I just hope that the same thing dosen’t happen with the 39 clues book, the first series amazing, the second not so good. When I got to the 8th book in the series i started thinking maybe i should stop buying but book 9 put me back in the roll and book 10 was amazing. Oh and Amy and Ian don’t get together might do in the next one though! :-)

33. alicha

omg i cant whate i read all the books in a weak i cant wate that long for them all you people nead to write faster cant wate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol love this series.!!!

34. aliye

OMG!!!!!!! I was wondering what the new series was about! Agggghhhh! I CAN’T WAIT! I’M the 39 Clues’ biggest fan! I already have all 39 clues online! yay!

35. Justin

@ rickriordanfan: So Happy…
    Anywho, this series will definitely be very, VERY cool. I still question how the branches will work together, especially the Ekaterinas and the Tomas. I also wonder if the Vespers have branches, similar to the Ekaterina, Tomas, Janus, Lucian, and Madrigal brancher of the Cahills.

36. bookgirl17

Movie?! :) do I see the word movie?!!? Super-mega-ultra-extream coolness!!
    Yes! NEW SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

37. rayan

OHMYGOD ILOVE 39 CLUES NEW SEIRIES OMG I WANT IT NOW CANT WAIT TILL APRIL!!!!!!!oh by the way amy and ian dont get 2gether but mabye 2nd series?!

38. h

well, i think 39 clues is for all ages, Kris, and I got so exited when i heard the news. I never really expected another series. Oh, and if your bored with the series, you might want to read the artemis fowl books. Go 39 clues and artemis fowl!. YAY!!

39. michael

movie book i cant wat i cant decid wich more exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:)

40. Dman

I hope there a 39 clues movie. I cant wait for vespers rising. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. funnyheads

omg i read all the seires + the guide books i havr been saving my money up . i heard the 1 st book is comming out on april the 5 th 2011

42. percy and harry fan

The 39 Clues is an awesome series and I can’t wait for these books! Hey, I’m not just a Harry Potter and Percy Jackson fan! CAN’T WAIT FOR THESE BOOKS, OH MY GOSH!

43. jane

i love love love the 39 clues. im probably the biggest fan ever.
    i love readin the 39 clues and i think its the best book ever written

44. whinnyhorse

GUESS WHAT? I GOT BOOK ELEVEN AS SOON AS IT CAME OUT!!!!!!!!!!! IM TOTALLY GETTING THAT! IT COMES OUT ON APRIL 2011!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

45. Maymay13

I am soooooooo excited. But now thanks to this page I am going to have trouble waiting for it to come out. There is going to be a movie?! Awesome! I love the 39 clues!

46. Camryn

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Omg my friend and i have been WAITING for more 39 clues books! LOL, we were just discussing that there should be a movie! Go Cahills!

47. lindseyn

O My Grashios!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to read it!!!!!!!!!! But I still have to read the 10th book. I have to get the 1st book right away!!!!!!!!! I cant wait this series is like the #1 series ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

48. Crash

This is so awesome! Ive finished the whole 1st series and i cant wait for second one!! Oh, and Ian and Amy do not get together for those of you wondering.;)

49. Daniel

OMG OMG I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think i’ll get it for Christmas. But still OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50. AVC-mystery

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can’t wait. I KNEW there was going to be another series. Its going to be AWSOME. Those Vespers don’t stand a chance against that group. Especilly with the Amy and Ian thing.

51. C.J

I’m on book nine BUT! I can’t wait for the new series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO THIRTY NINE ClUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) . :)

52. Urban Ray

I love those books with a passion. In my opinion you can tell if a book is spectacular if you can read it over and over and over and over again without hateing it. I have read the books more time then i can count and I am getting all of my friends at school in to them too. Rock on for ever 39 clues fans. I am one of your number.

53. Faith

OMG!!! When I heard this I was like :D :D :D . I was sad for weeks after I finished the last book in the series, I knew there was still a Black Book of Buried Secrets, but it wasn’t the same. I can’t wait to get more updates on the characters. They feel so real!

54. Becca_Loves_The39Clues

OMG! Movie, Movie, Movie. I need to see it! (= I’m going to take my friends! Do you guys think the movie will come out sometime around when the Cahills vs Vespers comes out ? ! anyway I LOVE THE 39 CLUES!

55. lalal

i have all ten books plus the the new one dat came out 2days ago i love the 39 clues i cant wait for it to come out

56. springflubber

I’m still on the first series on the 5′th one. I LOVE THEM! They are so intriging, exciting,and just awesome! And the characters are really real and relatable. I can’t wait for the new series!

57. JanusGirl

OMG Im totally excited.I have 25 clues im SO close i love 39 clues i cannot wait. seriously i read all 10 books in 1 day no joke. i will TOTALLY but the whole series. :)

58. mital

EKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO exited!!!!!! im speechless OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! that’s basically all i can say!!!!!!!!

59. soccermvp

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGAND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON

60. kayla

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait i read every book this series is going to b awsome i wonder if Ian will finally confess his love for Amy.Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61. bordercollie01

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

62. percyj99

Kris,
    I would think that, depending on the kid, eight or nine years old would probably be the best age to start. It is a very exciting series to read, and leaves you hanging until you can get the next book. I HIGHLY recommend it to adventure book lovers.
    Signed,
    percyj99

63. tifftoread

OMG I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!! I’m not done reading the tenth book yet, but I REALLY <3 the 39 Clues!!!! I’m excited about this! Another book!

64. catching_fire

@Kris:
    Um, gee, I don’t to know. The 39 Clues aren’t exactly a children’s book, because there’s some minor charachter death, a little bit of ushy-gushy romance (but just a little), and some pretty freguent lying, betrayl, and mystery, but it’s CERTIANLY not Young Adult. I’d say it’s probably okay for, oh, kids 9-12 to read it, but if you have a pretty mature eight year old, they could probably handle it.

65. Puddingprince101

OMG I HEARD THERE WAS GONNA B A NEW SERIES AT THE END OF BOOK 10 BUT OMG I CANT WAIT IM GETTIN THE 1ST BOOK!!!!!!OMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOMGOMGMOGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGGOMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGOMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOMOGMOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMGMO
    ok so ill be seein u guys………………………………………………………………….. :)
    Puddingprince101

66. bmw3bug

oh. my. word. who called it??? we did*!!!!!!!!!!! this is AWESOME. i can NOT wait!!! wait till i tell my friends! gtg do my victory dance now! c ya!!!
    Awesome and Canadian ╬
    *us on the 39 clues read the books called it as early as august 31st

67. Yotoll

I love the 39 Clues and this news is amazing! I can’t wait for it to come out! I’m still a bit behind on the series, but soon enough I’ll catch up, so write, authors, write!

68. iluvallstarweekend

Oh. My. Gosh. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69. Stacy

It was like totally like awesome. But i was like kinda like bored. I kinda dont like boks that aren’t about like me!!!!!!

70. WinkyGoMoo

I was kinda expecting there to be a second series, but even so I still flipped when I heard this. LET THE 39 CLUES HYPE CONTINUE! :D :D :D

71. Kris

I have a child interested in the series, however I don’t know if he should read them. What is the appropriate age that you suggest for children regarding this series?

72. rickriordanfan

YAY!! I just sent this link to my cousin who loves the 39 clues like me!! YAY!!! EEEEKKK! Happy dance!! RICK RIORDAN??!! YAY!!!