August 9, 2010

Writing Prompt: Your Dream House

Posted by at 9:53 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow_pen

OK, you know how fairy tales all have morals, like don't talk to strangers ("Little Red Riding Hood"), or don't make up dramatic stories to get attention ("The Boy Who Cried Wolf")? Well, I don't really get the moral of "The Three Little Pigs." The pig that built his house with bricks didn't get eaten by the wolf, but what are WE supposed to do? It's not like we can choose what our houses are made of . . . but . . . what if we could?! Who would choose bricks?

Today's Writing Prompt comes from goofball of fun girl on the Reading Buzz Board.

"If you could have your house made out of anything, what would it be or what various things would it be? Mine would be jello 'n Dr.Pepper."

Hmm, interesting question. Mine would be mint chocolate chip ice cream with a hard chocolate shell on top that never melts, and solar panels for energy efficiency. And the floor would be made of books that I want to read, so all I have to do when I need a new book is pick one up off the floor. I'd also have a jello trampoline in the back yard and a chocolate pond with cupcakes floating in it. And my cats would have beds made out of tuna fish.

How about you? What's your dream house? Have fun with it, and let me know what you come up in the Comments!

1. werewolfcat5

My dream house would be made out of metal.Then nobody would be able to climb or blow (if that happens) my house.

2. deniquas bff

my dream house would be made with white pearls and maybe a kardashian house with me and jaden smith well i dont know

3. camoshark896

It would be purple and black bricked.OH YEAH!A pool of Mountain Dew!ohh.couches of Marshmellows!A video game room with psps ps2 ps3 xbox360 ds dsi and a Wii! oh ya I went there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Chickenpox914

I would make my house out of water proof books and hope it won’t collapse when i want to read one in the wall…

5. pottercrazy407

I would make mine out of lasagna (I know, total Garfield, but it’s good!), Harry Potter books, chocolate pie, french fries, other favorite books, and posters of Harry Potter.(As you can see, I like Harry Potter)

6. tre99

i would make mines out of oreo icecreme the only way to get up stairs is to take the boundiest trampoline in the world.you would have different trampolines for different floors.i would a arcade room. a pool.everything would be in my dream house.

7. absolutespirit

the floor of my house would be of glass n the walls too.then,i’d like to have a huge library with all my fav books,as well as a kitchen filled with everything i love to eat.there’d be a big garden with tame rabbits and a horse.i don’t wish to have any kind of insect in my garden.i would have my dream room which is too long to describe here,and just next to it,my best friends room!:-)
    forgot to mention,a swimming pool too!

8. NICOLE

I CANT NOT SEEM TO FIND THE RIGHT OUTFIT WHAT CAN IDO? MY MOM TRYS TO PICK OUT MY OUTFITS ITRY TO TELL HER THAT ICANDO IT MY SELF HELLO AND SOME TIMES I PICK THEM OUT HOW CAN IMAKE HER SEE? THAT ICANDO IT MY SELF CAN’T AGIRL DO WHAT SHE WANTS? IMEAN RELLY

9. calsngrl

I’d live in a house with floors made of books, walls covered in interresting newspaper articles, and ceilings covered in pics of people I love. In the backyard I would have lots of different types of fruit and veggie trees and a huge vegetable garden.

10. 2010musican

Mine would be musical.All the walls will have lyrics and the bed would have all my favorite singers on them!

11. lollypopdance

Mine would be completely green. Literally, it would look like the earth on the outside. With green walls and blue water painted on it. Then on the inside, the floors would be grass, not the fake kind, but it has no bugs or dirt in it. My office desk is made of reference books, so if I need to look something up, it’s right there! The walls of that room would be a map of the world. Oh yeah, the ceilings would be plaster, but would have the sky painted on it. My bed room would have the sunset painted on one wall, the sun rise on another wall, and then them again. My bed would be made of recycled cans, (yes there’s fabric made from cans!!!) that is JUST RIGHT for me. I would have a HUGE recycling bin, one for each material. My walk in closet would look like a cave. My living room would be a winter night in black and white picture mode. The couch made of recycled cans too. The carpet in that room is made to look like snow. But yet, is warm! My kitchen is a sunset beach and is always cool. Even in the winter. The kitchen has a shaggy carpet that is the color of sand and the shag materials are recycled too. The ovens are eco friendly and so is the washing machines fridge and so on. The ceiling fans look like clouds. The bathroom is painted to look like a sunny day, my hot tub that can fit 2 people, but the water is CLEAN recycled water. The faucet for the sink and bath look like huge raindrops. The shower is big and again, recycled water. The toilet is eco friendly too. The guest room is of a water fall -Niagara Falls. I have a sound affecter that makes it sound like it is rushing. And the bed is a water bed that is eco friendly. Also, my green house in side the house is filled with all round season plants that I grow and raise in my house. So every month or I change the plants in my house. THEN last but not least, my swimming pool room, he biggest room in the house. It has an ocean horizon walls. The pool when you look at it from a far looks like the ocean because, the picture makes it look like it goes on forever. I have a 50 tall water slide that looks like a water fall. The hot tub looks like a water hole. And also is recycled water. Oh yeah. And the roof has solar panels, all the rooms in the house except my room, my guest room and the kitchen are solar powered lights, the rest of the rooms are CFL light bulbs. The garden out side is filled with organic herbs and plants. AND fruits. THANKS FOR READING! I know its long but I think it’s cool. :)

12. Zoe

Mine would be made out of Custard, Root beer, and cookies. My bed you be peppermint candy and my pool would have gloop in it

13. fabulouscutiepie

my house would be made of candy,sprite,orange and purple soda,ribs,fries, chichen nugets,vinilla ice cream and pizza

14. EDD84

The walls would change color when hit by sun, the floor would be bouncy like a trampoline, And you could suck the gravity out of the air with a remote and then you could be light and float around carelessly.

15. adam1513

My house would be made of books. My room would be sorounded by water with a little island in the middle. In the back yard I would have a pool made of chocolate with a lollypop diving board.

16. gryffindor_slitherin_girl98

Mine would look exactly like Ravenswood Manor in the Web of Magic series, with a library with only a few ‘real’ books, all the others would be about mage magic, and what Emily, Adriane, and Kara did AFTER “Full Circle” and how to do a spellsong, etc. And it would also be right on a huge Wildlife Preserve that was just like Ravenswood! I mean, with a magic glade and all!