August 9, 2010

Writing Prompt: Your Dream House

Posted by at 9:53 am in Writing Prompt | Permalink

Rainbow_pen

OK, you know how fairy tales all have morals, like don't talk to strangers ("Little Red Riding Hood"), or don't make up dramatic stories to get attention ("The Boy Who Cried Wolf")? Well, I don't really get the moral of "The Three Little Pigs." The pig that built his house with bricks didn't get eaten by the wolf, but what are WE supposed to do? It's not like we can choose what our houses are made of . . . but . . . what if we could?! Who would choose bricks?

Today's Writing Prompt comes from goofball of fun girl on the Reading Buzz Board.

"If you could have your house made out of anything, what would it be or what various things would it be? Mine would be jello 'n Dr.Pepper."

Hmm, interesting question. Mine would be mint chocolate chip ice cream with a hard chocolate shell on top that never melts, and solar panels for energy efficiency. And the floor would be made of books that I want to read, so all I have to do when I need a new book is pick one up off the floor. I'd also have a jello trampoline in the back yard and a chocolate pond with cupcakes floating in it. And my cats would have beds made out of tuna fish.

How about you? What's your dream house? Have fun with it, and let me know what you come up in the Comments!

1. goaliegirl45

My House would be just like the Hogwarts Castle ( Go Harry!!!!!).There would be the common room ,library ,and a Griffindor Dormitory as my beedroom. Plus my backyard would be a Huge Quiddich Feild.Lastly the Bathroom would be as huge as the prefects bathroom. :)

2. Lauren

My dream house would be made out of silver,dimonds,and gold.Over the silver,and gold walls there would be green icing.Next my house would be a 5 story mansion.I would have a cheesecake pool and every time you would eat some it will aoutomaticly grow back to its regular pool.

3. babybaby45

my house would be made out of sour straws.I would have a root beer float pool,and my floor would be made out of cell phones.also my doors would be made out of pencils and paper.the last thing of all is that my roof will be , a microscope so that you can look up and see the outer space.

4. Jess

My house would be built out of bricks and wood on the outside which would hold the house together. On the inside though, my house would be made out of chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, and starburst.

5. liz22101

My dream house? Well, thatis a good question. I would kave a big house. The living room would have 50 (green) lavalamps with oarnge funitre. my room would be all Harry Potter. I would have the replica of Hermione’s bed. My kitchen would be just like a chefs. My back yard would be a Quiddetch feild! (with broomsticks)

6. keee8

my dream house would consist of alot of different things like a extremely bouncy trampoline
    outside.my house would be like hogwarts school with a library in it and a kitchen were if you make food it never goes bad.my bedroom would be peace signs everywhere.i would have an extremely large garden full of strawberries and other fruits. i would have a dog name oreo and a cat named cookie.they would have there own rooms.i would have the biggest bathtub ever.that would be my house :)

7. StuffedBunnies112

My house would be made of pink bricks. My bedroom would have a 90′ flat screen, hot tub, king-sized bunk bedds, and 5 beanbags. My kitchen would have 2 freezers and 2 fridges so I can cook whenever I want. I would have a huge library with all of my favorite books! I would have a theatre the size of the Lincoln Center Mini Theatre so I can perform. My bathroom would have a TV in it. I would have one specific room for watching my previous plays on the TV. Well thats my dream house!

8. anyasmurf

my dream home is kinda complicated. i would have 6 floors covered floor to ceiling with books. i would have whole rooms devoted to harry potter + percy jackson.

9. keikihollow50

i would make my house out of chocolate… That be sooo cool! If I was hungry for something delicous I could grab a piece of my house and eat it… I would have a chocolate river like Charley and the Chocolate Factory…

10. Summerwork :P

My house would be light blue and white and in the inside it would have lots of fancy things in it and for the kitchen it would be my own personal chef and a jacuzzi and a pool of dr.pepper and it would be 3 story it is super nice dream house;) and it would be oceanfront with a lazy river that connects to the ocean and on the pool there will be a warm chocolate fountain with strawberries, pretzels, apples to dip it in.I will install a theme park like six flags with a waterpark with lights so it can shine at night.I would also have my private movie theater and a raging water ride in a boat with its own island lol i cant wait hahaha B)

11. mintchocolatechip100

I’d live in a mansion with a movie theater, swimming pool, private jet, huge library,… Now that I think about it, it sorta sounds like the White House. Well, who woundn’t want to live there?

12. bookgirl539

okay, my house would be be a dark blueish purple. its in a tree and partly submerged under water. my room would be behind a secret passage in the massive library, and will have a freezer full of ice cream, a purple laptop, beanbags, and a massive bed with a blanket with actual stars on it.

13. Emma

Aahh….My dream house would be a huge house with two floors. In the living room the ceiling would have a big TV on it and there would be a big bed so you could lay down and watch TV. Upstairs there would be a room with just bookshelves for all my books. There would be a swimming pool, and a diving board, and a tramploline, naturally, and there would be a huge walk-in closet with all my clothes organized neatly. And then there would be a walk-in fridge with a never ending supply of all my fave foods. And all the junk foods like chips and ice cream and candy would have no sugar so no matter how much you eat you would never be unhealthy.

14. peachesandcream26

My house would have wonderful Crunch chocolate bar walls that never get stale, and reappear whenever you eat them. My bed would be made of Jell-O and I would have a swimming pool made of Sprite, and a diving board made of a Hershey Dark chocolate bar, and an awesome loopy slide made out of water, and fish and other sea creatures would swim around on the side of the slide.

15. Love

My house would be made out of chicken. With an large swimming pool filled with Nestea. I would have pictures hanging on my walls made of twinkies snack cakes and the payday candy bars. My source of water will be in my bathtubs and sinks. My source of vegatables will be my potted plants located in my home and my planted plants located outside in my garden. My floor will made out of wheat bread. LOL!